My wife and I are planning our first trip to Europe, in late August. Maybe like all first timers, I am trying to cram as many things as possible into the first trip . Nevertheless, a sketch of the itinerary looks like -
Paris (3 days)
Rome (2 days + 1 travel day)
Venice (2 days + 1 travel day)
Switzerland (3 days)
In the remaining 3-odd days, I am wondering what would be interesting to cover. I guess I would like to cover something that is different from what I've already covered above - maybe Athens or Prague or Brussels or Amsterdam?
Would it make sense to visit Salzburg/Vienna if I've already been to Switzerland (Interlaken/Wengen)? Is the scenery/culture similar?
A little info about us - I like museums, and both of us love nature, hiking and other outdoor activity. We both like to "live" the culture of the place we visit - we are big time foodies and love to eat.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with first time trip with family
- 2 Verona or Athens?
- 3 My 60th birthday surprises
- 4 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 5 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 6 Spain car rental questions
- 7 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 8 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 9 Basque country ideas
- 10 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 11 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 12 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 13 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 14 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 15 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 16 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 17 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 18 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 19 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 20 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 21 European Cooking Secrets
- 22 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 23 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 24 RHK's Fall escape
- 25 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam