My wife and I are planning our first trip to Europe, in late August. Maybe like all first timers, I am trying to cram as many things as possible into the first trip . Nevertheless, a sketch of the itinerary looks like -
Paris (3 days)
Rome (2 days + 1 travel day)
Venice (2 days + 1 travel day)
Switzerland (3 days)
In the remaining 3-odd days, I am wondering what would be interesting to cover. I guess I would like to cover something that is different from what I've already covered above - maybe Athens or Prague or Brussels or Amsterdam?
Would it make sense to visit Salzburg/Vienna if I've already been to Switzerland (Interlaken/Wengen)? Is the scenery/culture similar?
A little info about us - I like museums, and both of us love nature, hiking and other outdoor activity. We both like to "live" the culture of the place we visit - we are big time foodies and love to eat.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 2 Please help with 7 day itinerary for Croatia
- 3 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 4 Santorini - best place to stay in the Island
- 5 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 6 Where is the best place/area to stay in Athens?
- 7 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 8 Italy - best two central locations
- 9 Vet my itinerary
- 10 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 11 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 12 Paris - Rome
- 13 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 14 Planning a trip to Turkey
- 15 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 16 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 17 Antiques shopping Rome
- 18 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 19 8 days in switzerland
- 20 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 21 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 22 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 23 12 Days in Italy
- 24 Health insurance coverage
- 25 Vintage trip report: Greenland, 1995