My wife and I are planning our first trip to Europe, in late August. Maybe like all first timers, I am trying to cram as many things as possible into the first trip . Nevertheless, a sketch of the itinerary looks like -
Paris (3 days)
Rome (2 days + 1 travel day)
Venice (2 days + 1 travel day)
Switzerland (3 days)
In the remaining 3-odd days, I am wondering what would be interesting to cover. I guess I would like to cover something that is different from what I've already covered above - maybe Athens or Prague or Brussels or Amsterdam?
Would it make sense to visit Salzburg/Vienna if I've already been to Switzerland (Interlaken/Wengen)? Is the scenery/culture similar?
A little info about us - I like museums, and both of us love nature, hiking and other outdoor activity. We both like to "live" the culture of the place we visit - we are big time foodies and love to eat.
15 day trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague flea markets
- 2 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 3 Day trip from Tallin to Hellsinki
- 4 Barclays ATMs in England - fee question
- 5 Where to go from Brussels?
- 6 Croatia: ajvar recipe
- 7 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 8 London neighborhood suggestions
- 9 We Need a Pact
- 10 I need a haircut
- 11 What to wear
- 12 All you need in croatia
- 13 Tipping in Greece
- 14 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 15 Restaurants in Rome near Campo de Fiori or Piazza Navana
- 16 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 17 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 18 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 19 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 20 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 21 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 22 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 23 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 24 Bayern seasonal pass
- 25 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets