My wife and I are planning our first trip to Europe, in late August. Maybe like all first timers, I am trying to cram as many things as possible into the first trip . Nevertheless, a sketch of the itinerary looks like -
Paris (3 days)
Rome (2 days + 1 travel day)
Venice (2 days + 1 travel day)
Switzerland (3 days)
In the remaining 3-odd days, I am wondering what would be interesting to cover. I guess I would like to cover something that is different from what I've already covered above - maybe Athens or Prague or Brussels or Amsterdam?
Would it make sense to visit Salzburg/Vienna if I've already been to Switzerland (Interlaken/Wengen)? Is the scenery/culture similar?
A little info about us - I like museums, and both of us love nature, hiking and other outdoor activity. We both like to "live" the culture of the place we visit - we are big time foodies and love to eat.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 road trip through scotland
- 2 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 3 Poland to Austria In December
- 4 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 5 Requesting information about Flytolake/Lariobus
- 6 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 7 Thinking about the Fjords
- 8 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 9 Globus Iberian Tour
- 10 Where to eat in Rome?
- 11 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 12 Alsace to Austria?
- 13 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 14 base for Andalucia
- 15 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 16 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 17 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 18 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 19 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 20 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 21 barcelona neighborhood
- 22 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 23 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 24 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 25 Best Neck Pillow