My wife and I are planning our first trip to Europe, in late August. Maybe like all first timers, I am trying to cram as many things as possible into the first trip . Nevertheless, a sketch of the itinerary looks like -
Paris (3 days)
Rome (2 days + 1 travel day)
Venice (2 days + 1 travel day)
Switzerland (3 days)
In the remaining 3-odd days, I am wondering what would be interesting to cover. I guess I would like to cover something that is different from what I've already covered above - maybe Athens or Prague or Brussels or Amsterdam?
Would it make sense to visit Salzburg/Vienna if I've already been to Switzerland (Interlaken/Wengen)? Is the scenery/culture similar?
A little info about us - I like museums, and both of us love nature, hiking and other outdoor activity. We both like to "live" the culture of the place we visit - we are big time foodies and love to eat.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 2 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 3 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 4 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 5 German Train travel
- 6 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 7 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 8 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 9 Provence to Nice driving
- 10 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 11 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 12 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 13 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 14 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 15 Barcelona on budget
- 16 Advice for England and France travels?
- 17 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 18 please revew provence agenda
- 19 Italy 2010 - Lake Garda to Rome via Dolomites, Verona, Bologna and Tuscany
- 20 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 21 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 22 Does anyone ever "meet the locals"?
- 23 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 24 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 25 Where to go in March??