My wife and I are planning our first trip to Europe, in late August. Maybe like all first timers, I am trying to cram as many things as possible into the first trip . Nevertheless, a sketch of the itinerary looks like -
Paris (3 days)
Rome (2 days + 1 travel day)
Venice (2 days + 1 travel day)
Switzerland (3 days)
In the remaining 3-odd days, I am wondering what would be interesting to cover. I guess I would like to cover something that is different from what I've already covered above - maybe Athens or Prague or Brussels or Amsterdam?
Would it make sense to visit Salzburg/Vienna if I've already been to Switzerland (Interlaken/Wengen)? Is the scenery/culture similar?
A little info about us - I like museums, and both of us love nature, hiking and other outdoor activity. We both like to "live" the culture of the place we visit - we are big time foodies and love to eat.
15 day trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 2 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 3 Italy and Croatia
- 4 Your favourite places in Bath
- 5 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 6 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 7 Is this the right way<>?
- 8 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 9 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 10 Rome Areas to stay
- 11 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 12 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 13 Rental car scams in Italy
- 14 Italy - Month of July
- 15 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 16 Autumn in Paris
- 17 Europe Tour with Kids
- 18 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 19 St Germain
- 20 22 days or DIY tour
- 21 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 22 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 23 England & Scotland in April
- 24 17days Italy itinerary for Dec
- 25 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary