My wife and I are planning our first trip to Europe, in late August. Maybe like all first timers, I am trying to cram as many things as possible into the first trip . Nevertheless, a sketch of the itinerary looks like -
Paris (3 days)
Rome (2 days + 1 travel day)
Venice (2 days + 1 travel day)
Switzerland (3 days)
In the remaining 3-odd days, I am wondering what would be interesting to cover. I guess I would like to cover something that is different from what I've already covered above - maybe Athens or Prague or Brussels or Amsterdam?
Would it make sense to visit Salzburg/Vienna if I've already been to Switzerland (Interlaken/Wengen)? Is the scenery/culture similar?
A little info about us - I like museums, and both of us love nature, hiking and other outdoor activity. We both like to "live" the culture of the place we visit - we are big time foodies and love to eat.
15 day trip to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 2 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 3 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 4 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 5 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 6 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 7 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 8 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 9 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 10 Story of the German Christmas star
- 11 French Basque region
- 12 Airport ATMs
- 13 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 14 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 15 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations
- 16 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 17 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 18 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 19 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 20 All Set To Go!!
- 21 American Express
- 22 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 23 Suggestions on things to do after Sunday Roast
- 24 Help with European vacation plan
- 25 Our October trip to Andalucia!