My girlfriend and I will be spending 15 days in Greece (3 days in Athens, and we want to split the rest between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos). We were wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to split up our 12 days between each island, and if anyone has any interesting tips for first time Greece travellers.
We land in Heraklion, and we will be renting a car. We were planning on driving straight to my grandmother's old town (Rethymno) and staying there for one night, then driving to Chania and staying there three nights (apparently Chania has the best beaches... Any suggestions?), then back to Heraklion for two nights. Then we would take a ferry to Santorini for three nights, then ferry to Mykonos for two nights, then fly back home the next day.
Is this doable? Are we devoting enough time to Crete? Any suggestions for beautiful historical sites in Crete? Are two days in Mykonos enough? Should we stay in Firá or Oía in Santorini?
Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you!
12 days between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 2 2 Weeks in Paris
- 3 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 4 Christmas in Munich
- 5 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 6 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 7 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 8 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 9 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 10 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 11 Porto area, sights, day trips, areas to stay?
- 12 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 13 Raining in rome
- 14 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 15 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 16 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 17 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 18 Best town to stay in when visiting Grossglockner area in Austria?
- 19 İstanbul Travel guide
- 20 To live in Cinque Terre National Park
- 21 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 22 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 23 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 24 Prague - cool & unusual things to see
- 25 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum