My girlfriend and I will be spending 15 days in Greece (3 days in Athens, and we want to split the rest between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos). We were wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to split up our 12 days between each island, and if anyone has any interesting tips for first time Greece travellers.
We land in Heraklion, and we will be renting a car. We were planning on driving straight to my grandmother's old town (Rethymno) and staying there for one night, then driving to Chania and staying there three nights (apparently Chania has the best beaches... Any suggestions?), then back to Heraklion for two nights. Then we would take a ferry to Santorini for three nights, then ferry to Mykonos for two nights, then fly back home the next day.
Is this doable? Are we devoting enough time to Crete? Any suggestions for beautiful historical sites in Crete? Are two days in Mykonos enough? Should we stay in Firá or Oía in Santorini?
Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you!
12 days between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Amsterdam, Brussels and Bruges
- 2 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 3 tuscany wine tours and transfers
- 4 Madrid apartment input, please
- 5 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 6 December honeymoon in Europe
- 7 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 8 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 9 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 10 How long in Venice?
- 11 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 12 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 13 Firenze Card OR Amici Degli Uffizi Card??
- 14 staying a month or so in each place
- 15 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 16 URGENT: Fontana Del Papa, Tolfa Cooking School Info Pls
- 17 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 18 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 19 Robbed in Rome... by a "Police Officer"?
- 20 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 21 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 22 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 23 Spending money in Italy?
- 24 Late night train from Prague
- 25 Down in the River To Say "Bore Da": Wales May/June 2014