My girlfriend and I will be spending 15 days in Greece (3 days in Athens, and we want to split the rest between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos). We were wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to split up our 12 days between each island, and if anyone has any interesting tips for first time Greece travellers.
We land in Heraklion, and we will be renting a car. We were planning on driving straight to my grandmother's old town (Rethymno) and staying there for one night, then driving to Chania and staying there three nights (apparently Chania has the best beaches... Any suggestions?), then back to Heraklion for two nights. Then we would take a ferry to Santorini for three nights, then ferry to Mykonos for two nights, then fly back home the next day.
Is this doable? Are we devoting enough time to Crete? Any suggestions for beautiful historical sites in Crete? Are two days in Mykonos enough? Should we stay in Firá or Oía in Santorini?
Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 2 Seville to Cordoba
- 3 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 4 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 5 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 6 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 7 London 6 day itinerary
- 8 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 9 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 10 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 11 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 12 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 13 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 14 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 15 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 16 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 17 Sim Cards
- 18 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 19 London in Winter Report
- 20 Portugal rental car
- 21 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 22 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 23 IWM
- 24 London Hotel - Different Request
- 25 3 nights in Madrid