My girlfriend and I will be spending 15 days in Greece (3 days in Athens, and we want to split the rest between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos). We were wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to split up our 12 days between each island, and if anyone has any interesting tips for first time Greece travellers.
We land in Heraklion, and we will be renting a car. We were planning on driving straight to my grandmother's old town (Rethymno) and staying there for one night, then driving to Chania and staying there three nights (apparently Chania has the best beaches... Any suggestions?), then back to Heraklion for two nights. Then we would take a ferry to Santorini for three nights, then ferry to Mykonos for two nights, then fly back home the next day.
Is this doable? Are we devoting enough time to Crete? Any suggestions for beautiful historical sites in Crete? Are two days in Mykonos enough? Should we stay in Firá or Oía in Santorini?
Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 2 Airport Strikes in Spain
- 3 Suggest cheapest commute to belfast from UK
- 4 Can I buy "plus size" clothes in France?
- 5 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 6 Frankfurt Airport and Train Question
- 7 Rink oh Kerry or Dinglr
- 8 Opera in Prague
- 9 Itinerary advice needed for Europe summer 2016
- 10 Paris Austerlitz to CDG on a weekday morning
- 11 Malaga and the lost wallet
- 12 Please suggest on travel plan to UK. Ireland
- 13 Traveling between Madrid and Barcelona
- 14 iPHone 6 use in Paris, with ATT?
- 15 Briefing on train journeys from Budapest. Refugees problem.
- 16 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 17 Eastern Europe Trip 2016
- 18 SIXT car rental uk
- 19 Scotland to Northern Ireland and then back to Scotland. Tips?
- 20 Suggestions Algarve beachfront hotel?
- 21 Madrid Hotel - Help me choose between these 2!
- 22 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 23 Germany at Christmas
- 24 The Birthday Celebration in Italy!
- 25 London: favorite recent exhibits?