My girlfriend and I will be spending 15 days in Greece (3 days in Athens, and we want to split the rest between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos). We were wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to split up our 12 days between each island, and if anyone has any interesting tips for first time Greece travellers.
We land in Heraklion, and we will be renting a car. We were planning on driving straight to my grandmother's old town (Rethymno) and staying there for one night, then driving to Chania and staying there three nights (apparently Chania has the best beaches... Any suggestions?), then back to Heraklion for two nights. Then we would take a ferry to Santorini for three nights, then ferry to Mykonos for two nights, then fly back home the next day.
Is this doable? Are we devoting enough time to Crete? Any suggestions for beautiful historical sites in Crete? Are two days in Mykonos enough? Should we stay in Firá or Oía in Santorini?
Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you!
12 days between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 2 Time to get lowest airfare to Norway
- 3 25 days in Europe
- 4 Family trip to France with kids
- 5 London with Kids
- 6 Where to stay in London
- 7 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 8 Use of pre-booked non-PREMS tickets on French trains
- 9 13 Day Trip to Italy
- 10 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 11 Hotel Belvedere Bellagio or Royal Victoria in Lake Como for May trip
- 12 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 13 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 14 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 15 10 Days in Switzerland
- 16 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 17 Iceland Trekking/Camping
- 18 Family travel to Paris and Alps
- 19 A week in spain
- 20 Paris on Palm Sunday and Easter
- 21 Restaurant Recommendations - Pula or Rovinj
- 22 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 23 Backpacking Europe (3-4 Weeks)
- 24 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 25 Mediterranean Vacation - Transportation