My girlfriend and I will be spending 15 days in Greece (3 days in Athens, and we want to split the rest between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos). We were wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to split up our 12 days between each island, and if anyone has any interesting tips for first time Greece travellers.
We land in Heraklion, and we will be renting a car. We were planning on driving straight to my grandmother's old town (Rethymno) and staying there for one night, then driving to Chania and staying there three nights (apparently Chania has the best beaches... Any suggestions?), then back to Heraklion for two nights. Then we would take a ferry to Santorini for three nights, then ferry to Mykonos for two nights, then fly back home the next day.
Is this doable? Are we devoting enough time to Crete? Any suggestions for beautiful historical sites in Crete? Are two days in Mykonos enough? Should we stay in Firá or Oía in Santorini?
Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you!
12 days between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 3 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 4 Dresden Train Station
- 5 Italian Lakes gardens
- 6 More help with housing in Puglia
- 7 Spain - Andalucia
- 8 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 9 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 10 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 11 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 12 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 13 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 14 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 15 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 16 London for Christmas
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 19 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 20 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 21 Hotel in belligio, lake Como
- 22 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 23 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 24 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia