My girlfriend and I will be spending 15 days in Greece (3 days in Athens, and we want to split the rest between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos). We were wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to split up our 12 days between each island, and if anyone has any interesting tips for first time Greece travellers.
We land in Heraklion, and we will be renting a car. We were planning on driving straight to my grandmother's old town (Rethymno) and staying there for one night, then driving to Chania and staying there three nights (apparently Chania has the best beaches... Any suggestions?), then back to Heraklion for two nights. Then we would take a ferry to Santorini for three nights, then ferry to Mykonos for two nights, then fly back home the next day.
Is this doable? Are we devoting enough time to Crete? Any suggestions for beautiful historical sites in Crete? Are two days in Mykonos enough? Should we stay in Firá or Oía in Santorini?
Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 2 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 3 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 4 Andalucia in December
- 5 Budapest Hotels
- 6 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 7 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 8 First trip to Italy
- 9 Ireland & Scotland
- 10 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 11 London's Must Sights!
- 12 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 13 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 14 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 15 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 16 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 17 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 18 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 19 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 20 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 21 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 22 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 23 4 days in switzerland
- 24 Vienna or Budapest?
- 25 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford