My girlfriend and I will be spending 15 days in Greece (3 days in Athens, and we want to split the rest between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos). We were wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to split up our 12 days between each island, and if anyone has any interesting tips for first time Greece travellers.
We land in Heraklion, and we will be renting a car. We were planning on driving straight to my grandmother's old town (Rethymno) and staying there for one night, then driving to Chania and staying there three nights (apparently Chania has the best beaches... Any suggestions?), then back to Heraklion for two nights. Then we would take a ferry to Santorini for three nights, then ferry to Mykonos for two nights, then fly back home the next day.
Is this doable? Are we devoting enough time to Crete? Any suggestions for beautiful historical sites in Crete? Are two days in Mykonos enough? Should we stay in Firá or Oía in Santorini?
Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dinge B&B
- 2 Amsterdam B&B
- 3 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 4 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 5 Netflix and Hulu
- 6 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 7 traveling to stockholm with four kids (11)
- 8 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 9 Como or Bellagio
- 10 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 11 Amalfi and Rome
- 12 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 13 What do pack for Ireland?
- 14 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 First time in Greece
- 17 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 18 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 19 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 20 how far in advance of flight to get to airport
- 21 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 22 Taxis G7: need help in creating account
- 23 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 24 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 25 Paris weather