My girlfriend and I will be spending 15 days in Greece (3 days in Athens, and we want to split the rest between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos). We were wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to split up our 12 days between each island, and if anyone has any interesting tips for first time Greece travellers.
We land in Heraklion, and we will be renting a car. We were planning on driving straight to my grandmother's old town (Rethymno) and staying there for one night, then driving to Chania and staying there three nights (apparently Chania has the best beaches... Any suggestions?), then back to Heraklion for two nights. Then we would take a ferry to Santorini for three nights, then ferry to Mykonos for two nights, then fly back home the next day.
Is this doable? Are we devoting enough time to Crete? Any suggestions for beautiful historical sites in Crete? Are two days in Mykonos enough? Should we stay in Firá or Oía in Santorini?
Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you!
12 days between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Munich and Dachau
- 3 London visit
- 4 Duoro river cruises
- 5 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 6 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 7 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 8 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 9 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 10 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 11 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 12 Small group for Colosseum
- 13 SIM card for eastern europe
- 14 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 15 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 16 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 17 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 18 Madrid and London
- 19 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 20 21 Days in Central Europe
- 21 Three days in Spain
- 22 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 23 car rental advice in Portugal
- 24 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 25 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?