My girlfriend and I will be spending 15 days in Greece (3 days in Athens, and we want to split the rest between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos). We were wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to split up our 12 days between each island, and if anyone has any interesting tips for first time Greece travellers.
We land in Heraklion, and we will be renting a car. We were planning on driving straight to my grandmother's old town (Rethymno) and staying there for one night, then driving to Chania and staying there three nights (apparently Chania has the best beaches... Any suggestions?), then back to Heraklion for two nights. Then we would take a ferry to Santorini for three nights, then ferry to Mykonos for two nights, then fly back home the next day.
Is this doable? Are we devoting enough time to Crete? Any suggestions for beautiful historical sites in Crete? Are two days in Mykonos enough? Should we stay in Firá or Oía in Santorini?
Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you!
12 days between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 2 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 3 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 4 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 5 Three Week Graduation Trip to Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, and Paris
- 6 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 7 Cell phones- London and Paris
- 8 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 9 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 10 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 11 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 12 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 13 Olive Oil
- 14 Paris in 1 Day
- 15 Oslo in early Oct
- 16 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 17 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 18 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 19 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 20 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 21 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 22 Sunny September Trip Report
- 23 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 24 Transports in Santorini
- 25 Scotland Votes "No"