My girlfriend and I will be spending 15 days in Greece (3 days in Athens, and we want to split the rest between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos). We were wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to split up our 12 days between each island, and if anyone has any interesting tips for first time Greece travellers.
We land in Heraklion, and we will be renting a car. We were planning on driving straight to my grandmother's old town (Rethymno) and staying there for one night, then driving to Chania and staying there three nights (apparently Chania has the best beaches... Any suggestions?), then back to Heraklion for two nights. Then we would take a ferry to Santorini for three nights, then ferry to Mykonos for two nights, then fly back home the next day.
Is this doable? Are we devoting enough time to Crete? Any suggestions for beautiful historical sites in Crete? Are two days in Mykonos enough? Should we stay in Firá or Oía in Santorini?
Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 2 Positano - Choosing a Hotel
- 3 Help! Honeymooning in Europe?
- 4 Scottish pounds where to exchange?
- 5 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 6 Iceland/July/2014
- 7 How to get to Mallorca
- 8 Greece- Santorini Hotels
- 9 What's an IDTGV Train?
- 10 The Best hotel in Caen please !
- 11 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 12 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 13 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 14 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 15 4 days in Scotland
- 16 Basque region of Spain and France in 10 days with kids
- 17 Switzerland 5 days
- 18 Finalizing Itinerary
- 19 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 20 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 21 Need help in deciding itinerary to visit places around Lucerne
- 22 Dublin to Dingle?
- 23 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 24 Family Itinerary April 2016
- 25 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction