My girlfriend and I will be spending 15 days in Greece (3 days in Athens, and we want to split the rest between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos). We were wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to split up our 12 days between each island, and if anyone has any interesting tips for first time Greece travellers.
We land in Heraklion, and we will be renting a car. We were planning on driving straight to my grandmother's old town (Rethymno) and staying there for one night, then driving to Chania and staying there three nights (apparently Chania has the best beaches... Any suggestions?), then back to Heraklion for two nights. Then we would take a ferry to Santorini for three nights, then ferry to Mykonos for two nights, then fly back home the next day.
Is this doable? Are we devoting enough time to Crete? Any suggestions for beautiful historical sites in Crete? Are two days in Mykonos enough? Should we stay in Firá or Oía in Santorini?
Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you!
12 days between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 2 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 3 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 4 Paris and where else?
- 5 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 6 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 7 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 8 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 9 Eleanor's Pages
- 10 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 11 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 12 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 13 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 14 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 15 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 16 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 17 Internet or travel agent?
- 18 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 19 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 20 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 21 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 22 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 23 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 24 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris
- 25 Trip report of our visit to Rioja