My girlfriend and I will be spending 15 days in Greece (3 days in Athens, and we want to split the rest between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos). We were wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to split up our 12 days between each island, and if anyone has any interesting tips for first time Greece travellers.
We land in Heraklion, and we will be renting a car. We were planning on driving straight to my grandmother's old town (Rethymno) and staying there for one night, then driving to Chania and staying there three nights (apparently Chania has the best beaches... Any suggestions?), then back to Heraklion for two nights. Then we would take a ferry to Santorini for three nights, then ferry to Mykonos for two nights, then fly back home the next day.
Is this doable? Are we devoting enough time to Crete? Any suggestions for beautiful historical sites in Crete? Are two days in Mykonos enough? Should we stay in Firá or Oía in Santorini?
Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another tipping question: concierges
- 2 Brugge hotel help
- 3 Luggage Storage
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 8 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 9 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 10 10 days in Paris and......
- 11 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 12 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 13 Summer Travel order
- 14 LIsbon
- 15 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 16 International Flight Question
- 17 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 18 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 19 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 20 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 21 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 22 Trip suggestion
- 23 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 25 Back from Paris