My girlfriend and I will be spending 15 days in Greece (3 days in Athens, and we want to split the rest between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos). We were wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to split up our 12 days between each island, and if anyone has any interesting tips for first time Greece travellers.
We land in Heraklion, and we will be renting a car. We were planning on driving straight to my grandmother's old town (Rethymno) and staying there for one night, then driving to Chania and staying there three nights (apparently Chania has the best beaches... Any suggestions?), then back to Heraklion for two nights. Then we would take a ferry to Santorini for three nights, then ferry to Mykonos for two nights, then fly back home the next day.
Is this doable? Are we devoting enough time to Crete? Any suggestions for beautiful historical sites in Crete? Are two days in Mykonos enough? Should we stay in Firá or Oía in Santorini?
Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you!
12 days between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 2 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 3 Back home problems with sim card
- 4 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 5 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 6 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 7 Budapest
- 8 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 9 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 10 Bikerscott & Jamikins in Portugal 2010/2011
- 11 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 12 Budapest--baggage storage
- 13 Which hostel in Cinque Terre?
- 14 sim card for Prague, Budapest, and Vienna
- 15 Taxi in Rome from airport to city
- 16 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 17 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 18 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 19 How do you find French food?
- 20 Day trips from Seville
- 21 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 22 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 23 GPS in Tuscany
- 24 Are Tatras worth the trip?
- 25 Best day to look for economic flights