My girlfriend and I will be spending 15 days in Greece (3 days in Athens, and we want to split the rest between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos). We were wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to split up our 12 days between each island, and if anyone has any interesting tips for first time Greece travellers.
We land in Heraklion, and we will be renting a car. We were planning on driving straight to my grandmother's old town (Rethymno) and staying there for one night, then driving to Chania and staying there three nights (apparently Chania has the best beaches... Any suggestions?), then back to Heraklion for two nights. Then we would take a ferry to Santorini for three nights, then ferry to Mykonos for two nights, then fly back home the next day.
Is this doable? Are we devoting enough time to Crete? Any suggestions for beautiful historical sites in Crete? Are two days in Mykonos enough? Should we stay in Firá or Oía in Santorini?
Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Six ways Brexit could hit Americans, item from the BBC
- 2 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 3 Paris dinner cruises...best of the best if there is such a thing
- 4 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 5 Lake Garda- Italy
- 6 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 7 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 8 La Cite du Vin, has anyone visited ?
- 9 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 10 Trains France/Switzerland
- 11 European Championship
- 12 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 13 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 14 Florence pass yeh or neh
- 15 Bursa/Iznik
- 16 Paris gtg in October?
- 17 Belgian airports
- 18 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 19 Romantic Restaurants in Venice and Sunset Gondola Ride spots
- 20 Is Venice overrated?
- 21 Cote d'Azur & Provence Itinerary - Stu Dudley's new/revised edition
- 22 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 23 Greece Travel Advice
- 24 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 25 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna