My girlfriend and I will be spending 15 days in Greece (3 days in Athens, and we want to split the rest between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos). We were wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to split up our 12 days between each island, and if anyone has any interesting tips for first time Greece travellers.
We land in Heraklion, and we will be renting a car. We were planning on driving straight to my grandmother's old town (Rethymno) and staying there for one night, then driving to Chania and staying there three nights (apparently Chania has the best beaches... Any suggestions?), then back to Heraklion for two nights. Then we would take a ferry to Santorini for three nights, then ferry to Mykonos for two nights, then fly back home the next day.
Is this doable? Are we devoting enough time to Crete? Any suggestions for beautiful historical sites in Crete? Are two days in Mykonos enough? Should we stay in Firá or Oía in Santorini?
Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 2 Safety in Rome
- 3 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 4 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 5 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 6 Europe First Timers
- 7 Greek Village
- 8 Crete Holiday
- 9 Athens Help
- 10 One free day in Barcelona
- 11 Apartment Montreux area
- 12 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 17 base in brussels
- 18 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 19 Rome or Venice first
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 24 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 25 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam