Thanks to helpful in-put from these postings and from other places, I've finally decided that we'll do Seven Seas to the Baltic for our maiden cruise. I'd be interested to hear suggestions for which cabin to request, but mainly I'd love to hear suggestions for where to stay for an extra night or two in Copenhagan (embark) and Stockholm (disembark). I've read that those cities are very expensive, so I hope we can find a great room for under $300 per night. Will that be possible? Most important to us is that the room be quiet; we're terrible sleepers even at best, and away from home even worse. (I've been meaning to ask, by the way: Are the cabins very quiet on ships? Does one not hear one's neighbors?) Back to hotel question: We'd love to find a spacious (doesn't need to be huge), handsome room, with a great view-- and quiet. Also, if possible, not far from port. Suggestions for Copenhagan and Stockholm much appreciated. Also: for those who have done this cruise, I'd love to hear which shore excursions (in the other ports) you most enjoyed. (I keep wishing there was one fewer day in St. Petersburg.) Thanks ever so much!
Have finally decided on Seven Seas Voyager for first cruise (Baltic); now need help choosing hotels for Copenhagan and Stockholm
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Cozmel Port Taxis
- 2 Sea sickness
- 3 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 4 car rental from Miami Port
- 5 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 6 Falmouth, Jamaica & Grand Cayman
- 7 Refurbished Navigator of the Seas
- 8 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 9 Alaska
- 10 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 11 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 12 Where to lookest price for 4-5 day cruise out of San Diego
- 13 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 14 Staterooms
- 15 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 16 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 17 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 18 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 19 Parking in Miami
- 20 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 21 South Pacific
- 22 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 23 Celebrity Constellation
- 24 Please help with cruise planning.
- 25 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel