Thanks to helpful in-put from these postings and from other places, I've finally decided that we'll do Seven Seas to the Baltic for our maiden cruise. I'd be interested to hear suggestions for which cabin to request, but mainly I'd love to hear suggestions for where to stay for an extra night or two in Copenhagan (embark) and Stockholm (disembark). I've read that those cities are very expensive, so I hope we can find a great room for under $300 per night. Will that be possible? Most important to us is that the room be quiet; we're terrible sleepers even at best, and away from home even worse. (I've been meaning to ask, by the way: Are the cabins very quiet on ships? Does one not hear one's neighbors?) Back to hotel question: We'd love to find a spacious (doesn't need to be huge), handsome room, with a great view-- and quiet. Also, if possible, not far from port. Suggestions for Copenhagan and Stockholm much appreciated. Also: for those who have done this cruise, I'd love to hear which shore excursions (in the other ports) you most enjoyed. (I keep wishing there was one fewer day in St. Petersburg.) Thanks ever so much!
Have finally decided on Seven Seas Voyager for first cruise (Baltic); now need help choosing hotels for Copenhagan and Stockholm
- 1 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 2 World cruise?
- 3 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 4 Trip report: Sapphire Princess May 11-18 2013/Wine Country Coastal
- 5 cruise from miami to Los angles
- 6 Just Returned from Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 7 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 8 quick lunch in Paris
- 9 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 10 Boston to Bermuda on NCL's Dawn
- 11 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 12 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 13 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 14 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 15 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 16 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 17 Cayos Cochinos
- 18 California Coastal Cruise
- 19 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 20 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 21 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 22 Grand Turk
- 23 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 24 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 25 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?