Thanks to helpful in-put from these postings and from other places, I've finally decided that we'll do Seven Seas to the Baltic for our maiden cruise. I'd be interested to hear suggestions for which cabin to request, but mainly I'd love to hear suggestions for where to stay for an extra night or two in Copenhagan (embark) and Stockholm (disembark). I've read that those cities are very expensive, so I hope we can find a great room for under $300 per night. Will that be possible? Most important to us is that the room be quiet; we're terrible sleepers even at best, and away from home even worse. (I've been meaning to ask, by the way: Are the cabins very quiet on ships? Does one not hear one's neighbors?) Back to hotel question: We'd love to find a spacious (doesn't need to be huge), handsome room, with a great view-- and quiet. Also, if possible, not far from port. Suggestions for Copenhagan and Stockholm much appreciated. Also: for those who have done this cruise, I'd love to hear which shore excursions (in the other ports) you most enjoyed. (I keep wishing there was one fewer day in St. Petersburg.) Thanks ever so much!
Have finally decided on Seven Seas Voyager for first cruise (Baltic); now need help choosing hotels for Copenhagan and Stockholm
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Carnival Victory Halloween cruise
- 2 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 3 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 4 Halong Bay Cruise Review: Violet from Heritage Lines
- 5 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 6 Finding bargain cruises out of NYC
- 7 Partial Transit vs Full Transit on Panama Canal Cruise
- 8 Antarctica cruise - your tips
- 9 Venice cruise terminal to San Marco ?
- 10 Killing time in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise
- 11 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 12 transfers in Venice
- 13 Norwegian Pearl obstructed rooms question
- 14 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 15 Pavlus Travel
- 16 Cape Horn Cruise
- 17 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 18 Miami Port Park and cruise hotel package?
- 19 Cruise Experience Interview
- 20 regent navigator showers
- 21 A Redhead in Antarctica
- 22 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 23 AHI Travel...anyone used them for river cruising?
- 24 Steep cruise discounts
- 25 Deserved trip for my mother Mary on her birthday 60!!