Searching the net, I find all kinds of info on tipping so I need to ask more specifically.
We are going to an all-inclusive 4 star in Dominican.
What is a recommended (for good service) tip for:
- staff (says tips are included) (bartenders etc)
- at the ala-carte restaurant
- excursions (jeep safari day trip)
- baggage handlers (airport)
- * Locals when we are on day trip
I've seen people hand out items vs. $ such as gum, tooth paste, candy, tooth brush, other - is this actually meaningful? To whom specifically? (such as locals) We want to do well here but not insult anyone either.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://supplementch3mistry.com/chantel-st-claire-ca/
- 2 PR or USVI
- 3 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 4 Which Caribbean island?
- 5 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 6 5 days in Havana
- 7 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 8 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 9 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 10 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 11 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 12 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 13 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 14 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 15 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 16 Scrub Island Resort
- 17 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 18 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 19 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 20 Wedding Destinations???
- 21 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 22 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 23 Down to two in January have we got it right
- 24 Where to stay in Barbados July 1-11
- 25 Hospital and doctors in St. Barth