My husband and I are planning our winter vacation and have narrowed the choice to Tulum, Mexico or the Sol Melia Rio de Oro in Guardalavaca.
We have never done the BIG resort AI thing before but have read so many favourable posts on this resort that we are persuaded to give it a try.
Any suggestions on the following would be greatly appreciated:
- best places to snorkel from shore in the area and how to get there (we want to see coral, not just sand and fish)
- best boat snorkel expeditions
- best units to ask for and why you would consider them the best
- are there bicycles provided? (my brochure says 'yes', but I've learned to take brochures with a grain of salt)
- can you rent mopeds and can you easily get gas for them?
- do you need reservations for the restaurants and how difficult is it to get them?
- any food shortages in the restaurants ? (have heard horror stories about some resorts in Cuba not having a lot of menu items in stock, slooooooow service etc.)
- how accessible (bicycle? walk?) are the 3 private coves I've heard about?
- I understand that credit cards drawn on American banks are not accepted in Cuba. What about Canadian subsidiaries of US banks such as Citibank Canada or MBNA? We will probably just bring cash for side excursions etc., but it would be nice to know, just in case of a major expense such as emergency medical care.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.muscle4power.com/exoslim-reviews/
- 2 abundance fat, or just greens, modest parts, a ton of nourishments
- 3 when to visit barbados
- 4 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 5 Belize vs Bonaire for snorkeling?
- 6 So is Bonaire great? Or not??
- 7 Help on choosing where to visit
- 8 40th birthday with friends
- 9 which island?
- 10 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 11 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 12 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 13 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 14 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 15 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 16 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 17 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 18 Cuba in November
- 19 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 20 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 21 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 22 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 23 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 24 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 25 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!