My husband and I are planning our winter vacation and have narrowed the choice to Tulum, Mexico or the Sol Melia Rio de Oro in Guardalavaca.
We have never done the BIG resort AI thing before but have read so many favourable posts on this resort that we are persuaded to give it a try.
Any suggestions on the following would be greatly appreciated:
- best places to snorkel from shore in the area and how to get there (we want to see coral, not just sand and fish)
- best boat snorkel expeditions
- best units to ask for and why you would consider them the best
- are there bicycles provided? (my brochure says 'yes', but I've learned to take brochures with a grain of salt)
- can you rent mopeds and can you easily get gas for them?
- do you need reservations for the restaurants and how difficult is it to get them?
- any food shortages in the restaurants ? (have heard horror stories about some resorts in Cuba not having a lot of menu items in stock, slooooooow service etc.)
- how accessible (bicycle? walk?) are the 3 private coves I've heard about?
- I understand that credit cards drawn on American banks are not accepted in Cuba. What about Canadian subsidiaries of US banks such as Citibank Canada or MBNA? We will probably just bring cash for side excursions etc., but it would be nice to know, just in case of a major expense such as emergency medical care.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Questions - Sol Melia Rio de Oro
- 1 Which island to visit???
- 2 San Juan airport (SJU) public bus
- 3 Seven Seas on T&C, what to do and what to see?
- 4 Verandah Resort on Antigua
- 5 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 6 Best place for a massage in Anguilla?
- 7 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 8 Bermuda Trip
- 9 quiet and relaxing
- 10 Spirit Airlines to Caribbean - Need help w/carryon question.
- 11 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 12 St.Thomas St. John
- 13 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 14 Suggestions on Good Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- 15 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 16 June vacation trip for guys
- 17 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 18 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 19 Honeymoon Help!
- 20 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 21 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
- 22 Grand Cayman
- 23 Sandals La Source Grenada
- 24 Sandos Playacar Beach resort
- 25 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets