Like many, I have always dreamed of living in the Caribbean, however I realize that it is unlikely that I will be able to live there full time. I am a single woman who is not wealthy, so I would not be able to purchase a home there. I also realize that I would need to have more connections with my friends and family, so could not move somewhere permanently. I live in a cold climate and have difficulty managing the cold winters, especially since I have MS. I also have two small dogs who would have to come with me. So I would love to be a "snow bird" in the Caribbean, but realize that January through March is high season, and the most expensive time to visit the Caribbean. I would not be able to afford to rent a place for 3 months every year, at the high weekly rate! Is it unrealistic to think that I could find a place to rent long term (up to 3 months) on a Caribbean island that would be safe for a single woman? And of course I would love it to be beachfront. And a pool would be good as I have difficulty getting out of the ocean. I would assume that the cost of that sort of rental would be too cost prohibitive? There are so many of you with all sorts of information and I would appreciate all the help you could offer. Thanks in advance!
Question about Long Term Rentals
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 2 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 3 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 4 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 5 just be careful
- 6 Restaurants in Aruba
- 7 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 8 Snorkeling
- 9 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 10 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 11 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 12 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 13 shore excursions
- 14 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 15 Bahamas girls trip
- 16 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 17 Safe for Family
- 18 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 19 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 20 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 21 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 22 Curacao vs Barbados
- 23 Honeymoon Destination
- 24 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 25 10 days in Cuba - HELP