Like many, I have always dreamed of living in the Caribbean, however I realize that it is unlikely that I will be able to live there full time. I am a single woman who is not wealthy, so I would not be able to purchase a home there. I also realize that I would need to have more connections with my friends and family, so could not move somewhere permanently. I live in a cold climate and have difficulty managing the cold winters, especially since I have MS. I also have two small dogs who would have to come with me. So I would love to be a "snow bird" in the Caribbean, but realize that January through March is high season, and the most expensive time to visit the Caribbean. I would not be able to afford to rent a place for 3 months every year, at the high weekly rate! Is it unrealistic to think that I could find a place to rent long term (up to 3 months) on a Caribbean island that would be safe for a single woman? And of course I would love it to be beachfront. And a pool would be good as I have difficulty getting out of the ocean. I would assume that the cost of that sort of rental would be too cost prohibitive? There are so many of you with all sorts of information and I would appreciate all the help you could offer. Thanks in advance!
Question about Long Term Rentals
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Memorable anniversary dinner on St. Thomas?
- 2 BEST RESORTS FOR SINGLES EARLY-MID 20s
- 3 Dominican Republic villa rental
- 4 fox. car rental montego bay jamaica
- 5 Stop Jet Ski's in Anguilla
- 6 Turks & Caicos
- 7 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 8 Restaurants in St. Barth's?
- 9 Travel to the Caribbean the week before Christmas
- 10 Long Island Bahanas
- 11 All Inclusive in Caribbean or Mexico?
- 12 Honeymoon Help- Caribbean Destination with Walk-in Snorkeling & Nightlife
- 13 Need Caribbean island/hotel suggestions for February trip with 2 year old
- 14 St. Bart's-- how can I get La Pinta vanilla rum?
- 15 Which carribbean island to chose.. dilema's...
- 16 DIY Wedding for Two – Can I pull this off without a Wedding Planner?
- 17 Punta Cana excursions
- 18 Girlfriends All Inclusive Resort Punta Cana or Mexico
- 19 Which Sandals Jamaica is the best
- 20 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 21 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 22 Aruba suggestions
- 23 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 24 Nassau
- 25 Antigua - First Trip - Which Beach and Which Bed ?