Hello, everyone!!! I have poured over your posts and I still need help... I am trying to plan a trip for my first wedding anniversary. My husband and I are in our mid 30's. We do not have children. I would like to go to Turks and Caicos the week of 4/27/2014. We will be flying out of Cincinnati, Ohio. I have priced several hotels, and there is obviously a huge difference. The last trip we took was to Curacao, and we absolutely loved it!!! We are not big shoppers at all. We basically lounge by the pool or on the beach. I have seen that we should rent a car, but I really don't want to deal with it. I would like to stay on Grace Bay. The things that are MOST important to me is a nice pool, beautiful beach, good location to walk to different restaurants and hopefully be somewhere that offers room service. We like to walk on the beach, but we will not be snorkeling. And we LOVE to sit on a balcony and look at the ocean. I have seen trips priced from around $3100 (including air) to $6000. I would like to keep the cost of the hotel and airfare as close to $5000 as possible, with the understanding that we will need an additional $2000+ for drinks and to eat. Please help! I understand that the Alexandra isn't luxurious, but it seems fairly priced. I was also looking at the Windsong. Can anyone give me suggestions, please? Thank you!!!
On a Budget
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 2 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 3 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 4 Snorkeling
- 5 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 6 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 7 fish fry on Curacao
- 8 mosquito problem in Curacao
- 9 Place to stay and dive in Curacao for new divers
- 10 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 11 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 12 2 Weeks in Caribbean
- 13 10 days in Cuba - HELP
- 14 Restaurants in Aruba
- 15 Questions about Moving to the Carribean
- 16 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 17 St. John vs St Thomas with kids (7 and 9) for New Years week?
- 18 Good place to hear music- San Juan
- 19 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 20 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 21 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 22 Planning a honeymoon for middle of August
- 23 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 24 USVI St John trip with kids and Westin St John stay
- 25 St Martin/St Maarten BEWARE of car rental agencies even NATIONAL/ALAMO