My girlfriend and myself are going on our very first vacation to the caribbean. We are traveling to St. Thomas this fall and have no idea what to take along for clothing. We have heard various stories about how I need a dinner jacket and she needs to purchase evening attire. I am beginning to think we will be spending more on the clothes than the trip! My idea of a beach vacation is shorts and swim suit, unfortunately my girlfriend looks for reasons to shop. She has already purchased about 10 new dresses. PLEASE HELP!
Clothing Attire for First Caribbean Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 2 Recommendations for mid-November 2015 honeymoon destination
- 3 Honeymoon Destination
- 4 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 5 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 6 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 7 shore excursions
- 8 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 9 just be careful
- 10 Restaurants in Aruba
- 11 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 12 Snorkeling
- 13 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 14 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 15 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 16 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 17 Bahamas girls trip
- 18 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 19 Safe for Family
- 20 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 21 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 22 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 23 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 24 Curacao vs Barbados
- 25 Solo backpacking in Cuba