I'm looking for some thoughts on the best way to spend a few hours on St. Maarten. We'll be flying into SXM at around 12:30pm and then planning to take a ferry later that afternoon/evening to St. Barts (either 4pm from Oyster Pond or 6:45pm from Marigot).
First question is whether it's worth spending a few more hours on St. Maarten and taking the later ferry? Secondly, any thoughts on the best way to see the island highlights with luggage in tow? I'm guessing that hiring a taxi for the afternoon might be the way to go - is that an easy enough thing to do?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 2 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 3 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 4 Conference in Cuba in February
- 5 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 6 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 7 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 8 Help me to pick an island
- 9 Small boat excursion
- 10 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 11 Overwhelmed....
- 12 Can you tell me where?
- 13 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 14 DAY 14 - PRE LAST DOMINICANA DAY, STEAK HOUSE
- 15 3 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 16 Alta Vista or Mayan Sky - St. John
- 17 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 18 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?
- 19 first Caribbean trip with kids
- 20 Haven't been to The Caymans in many years???
- 21 DAY 13 - PUNTA CANA BACHATA & MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW
- 22 Turks & Caicos Rental Car
- 23 Help picking an island!!!!
- 24 Relaxing on Trinidad's Beaches
- 25 Rent a car on St John - need recommendations
Advice for St. Maarten for a few hours before taking ferry to St. Barts?