I'm looking for some thoughts on the best way to spend a few hours on St. Maarten. We'll be flying into SXM at around 12:30pm and then planning to take a ferry later that afternoon/evening to St. Barts (either 4pm from Oyster Pond or 6:45pm from Marigot).
First question is whether it's worth spending a few more hours on St. Maarten and taking the later ferry? Secondly, any thoughts on the best way to see the island highlights with luggage in tow? I'm guessing that hiring a taxi for the afternoon might be the way to go - is that an easy enough thing to do?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 2 Best restaurants in Bermuda
- 3 car rental in barbados
- 4 Where to go in August??? HELP!
- 5 Caribbean islands with kids in December
- 6 Trip report – 1st time in Turks & Caicos
- 7 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 8 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 9 Rent a villa in Jamaica
- 10 Choosing the Right Island
- 11 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 12 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 13 Hawaii or Caribbean?
- 14 Aruba help!
- 15 St Martin
- 16 Planning a three week trip
- 17 Last minute - solo, self-reflection, sun, serene
- 18 Casa Karma
- 19 Honeymoon - please help!
- 20 50 yo single women trip to Caribbean
- 21 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 22 Cuba
- 23 Negril, Jamaica resorts for young people
- 24 Cuba: February 2016
- 25 Cuba - Old Havana Travel Report
Advice for St. Maarten for a few hours before taking ferry to St. Barts?