I'm looking for some thoughts on the best way to spend a few hours on St. Maarten. We'll be flying into SXM at around 12:30pm and then planning to take a ferry later that afternoon/evening to St. Barts (either 4pm from Oyster Pond or 6:45pm from Marigot).
First question is whether it's worth spending a few more hours on St. Maarten and taking the later ferry? Secondly, any thoughts on the best way to see the island highlights with luggage in tow? I'm guessing that hiring a taxi for the afternoon might be the way to go - is that an easy enough thing to do?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 2 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 3 Cuba in November
- 4 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 5 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 6 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 7 Late May Trip
- 8 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 9 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 10 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 11 Cheers to Beers!
- 12 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 13 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 14 New Years Eve / St John
- 15 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- 16 Island Choice
- 17 Aruba Car Rental
- 18 If we loved Cayman...
- 19 Harbor Island ?? Anyone
- 20 Caribbean Christmas with teenagers
- 21 For the bluest water and whitest sand?
- 22 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 23 HELP! St Croix or Cancun
- 24 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 25 aruba planning advice
Advice for St. Maarten for a few hours before taking ferry to St. Barts?