I'm looking for some thoughts on the best way to spend a few hours on St. Maarten. We'll be flying into SXM at around 12:30pm and then planning to take a ferry later that afternoon/evening to St. Barts (either 4pm from Oyster Pond or 6:45pm from Marigot).
First question is whether it's worth spending a few more hours on St. Maarten and taking the later ferry? Secondly, any thoughts on the best way to see the island highlights with luggage in tow? I'm guessing that hiring a taxi for the afternoon might be the way to go - is that an easy enough thing to do?
Advice for St. Maarten for a few hours before taking ferry to St. Barts?
- 1 Nassau or Bermuda
- 2 Where to celebrate 40 married years!
- 3 best choice family luxury stay--StJ, BVI, T&C or Nevis
- 4 Is there a reliable way to predict which beaches will be calm?
- 5 Credit Card Alert
- 6 Help With Selecting The A Honeymoon Location
- 7 August Honeymoon...St. Lucia vs. Jamaica...help!
- 8 Honeymoon Location Suggestions
- 9 Coconut Bay Resort or the Landings in St. Lucia??
- 10 Moments Tobago – VRBO# 328066 – DON’T stay there!
- 11 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 12 Grace Bay Club, Regent Palms or Ritz St. Thomas
- 13 "The Weather is Here, I Wish It Were Beautiful" - An Anguilla Trip Report
- 14 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 15 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 16 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 17 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 18 Honeymoon in Aruba, Dominican, or Jamaica late Feb 2014
- 19 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 20 Bahamas snorkeling
- 21 Punta Cana Airport Transfer
- 22 Feedback on villa rental location on St. Barths
- 23 Where to stay on Vieques
- 24 Concerns About Dominican Republic Trip
- 25 Should I rent a car in Aruba?