I'm looking for some thoughts on the best way to spend a few hours on St. Maarten. We'll be flying into SXM at around 12:30pm and then planning to take a ferry later that afternoon/evening to St. Barts (either 4pm from Oyster Pond or 6:45pm from Marigot).
First question is whether it's worth spending a few more hours on St. Maarten and taking the later ferry? Secondly, any thoughts on the best way to see the island highlights with luggage in tow? I'm guessing that hiring a taxi for the afternoon might be the way to go - is that an easy enough thing to do?
Advice for St. Maarten for a few hours before taking ferry to St. Barts?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 2 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 3 Advice needed
- 4 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 5 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 6 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 7 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 8 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 9 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 10 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 11 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 12 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 13 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 14 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 15 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 16 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 17 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 18 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 19 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 20 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 21 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 22 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 23 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 24 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 25 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica