I'm looking for some thoughts on the best way to spend a few hours on St. Maarten. We'll be flying into SXM at around 12:30pm and then planning to take a ferry later that afternoon/evening to St. Barts (either 4pm from Oyster Pond or 6:45pm from Marigot).
First question is whether it's worth spending a few more hours on St. Maarten and taking the later ferry? Secondly, any thoughts on the best way to see the island highlights with luggage in tow? I'm guessing that hiring a taxi for the afternoon might be the way to go - is that an easy enough thing to do?
Advice for St. Maarten for a few hours before taking ferry to St. Barts?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Punta Cana Excursions with Teen
- 2 Fishermans Ree Resort
- 3 Dominican Republic - Closures, Limitations Over Easter Weekend
- 4 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 5 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 6 Holiday Trip to the Caribbean - Need advice!
- 7 Cuba in 10 days
- 8 Salt Kettle House to close
- 9 Best snorkeling in the Caribbean (not St. John or Grand Cayman)???
- 10 Hotel recommendations for 1 night on Tortola?
- 11 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 12 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 13 Ideas for Caribbean AI for anniversary next July?
- 14 cheapest christmas airfare by destination
- 15 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 16 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 17 Are there restaurants/grocery near Rum Point on Grand Cayman?
- 18 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 19 Why Barbados?
- 20 Cayman Islands in October
- 21 Best/most luxurious Luxury resort on Grace bay
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 24 Sailing in Tobago and Trinidad
- 25 all-inclusive or villa?