We are planning a trip up the Northern peninsula in mid-late July. We are driving from north of Boston, taking the ferry to Port aux Basques. The main point of our trip is to visit Port Aux Choix, where my great grandmother was born, and to meet distant cousins, and we plan to drive all the way up to L'Anse aux Meadows as well. Is there time for a side trip to the Gander/Twillingate area if our entire trip is 2 weeks long? What spots between there and Deer Lake are worthy stops?
Thanks in advance for any direction here. We don't mind long drives, but I want to be realistic in my planning.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 2 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 3 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 4 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 5 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 6 9 day Itinerary Banff Lake Louise Jasper
- 7 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 8 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 9 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 10 Temporary residency in Canada
- 11 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 12 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 13 water filtration
- 14 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 15 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 16 Western Canada in August
- 17 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 18 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 19 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 20 Jasper with two elderly
- 21 Dempster highway in early September
- 22 jasper
- 23 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 24 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 25 BC Ferries Experience Card