We are planning a trip up the Northern peninsula in mid-late July. We are driving from north of Boston, taking the ferry to Port aux Basques. The main point of our trip is to visit Port Aux Choix, where my great grandmother was born, and to meet distant cousins, and we plan to drive all the way up to L'Anse aux Meadows as well. Is there time for a side trip to the Gander/Twillingate area if our entire trip is 2 weeks long? What spots between there and Deer Lake are worthy stops?
Thanks in advance for any direction here. We don't mind long drives, but I want to be realistic in my planning.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.hitssupplements.com/virilax
- 2 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 3 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 March in Montreal?
- 6 Eastern Canada in December
- 7 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 8 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 9 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 10 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 11 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 12 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 13 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 14 Tofino
- 15 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 16 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 17 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 18 11th and 12th grade
- 19 Vancouver trip report!
- 20 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 21 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 22 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 23 looking to experience Canada by train
- 24 Drive from PEI to Quebec City
- 25 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia