We are planning a trip up the Northern peninsula in mid-late July. We are driving from north of Boston, taking the ferry to Port aux Basques. The main point of our trip is to visit Port Aux Choix, where my great grandmother was born, and to meet distant cousins, and we plan to drive all the way up to L'Anse aux Meadows as well. Is there time for a side trip to the Gander/Twillingate area if our entire trip is 2 weeks long? What spots between there and Deer Lake are worthy stops?
Thanks in advance for any direction here. We don't mind long drives, but I want to be realistic in my planning.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Jasper/Banff holiday help
- 2 9 Days in a Camper Van, Alberta Rockies Itinerary
- 3 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 4 Looking for travel lapel pins HELP
- 5 Itinerary feedback, please
- 6 Romantic 4-Day July Getaway Ideas Needed
- 7 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 8 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 9 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 10 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 11 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 12 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 13 Best Way
- 14 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 15 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 16 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 17 Bay of Fundy
- 18 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo
- 19 Best way to do Vancouver to Calgary as a group
- 20 First trip to Vancouver
- 21 40th birthday party ideas in canada, May 5th 2017
- 22 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver Honeymoon
- 23 Alberta Trip_2017
- 24 Vancouver with toddlers - getting around
- 25 Banff - Day Tours + Eateries