We are planning a trip up the Northern peninsula in mid-late July. We are driving from north of Boston, taking the ferry to Port aux Basques. The main point of our trip is to visit Port Aux Choix, where my great grandmother was born, and to meet distant cousins, and we plan to drive all the way up to L'Anse aux Meadows as well. Is there time for a side trip to the Gander/Twillingate area if our entire trip is 2 weeks long? What spots between there and Deer Lake are worthy stops?
Thanks in advance for any direction here. We don't mind long drives, but I want to be realistic in my planning.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 2 Quebec to yarmouth
- 3 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 4 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 5 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 6 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 7 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 8 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 9 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 10 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 11 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 12 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 13 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 14 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 15 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 16 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 17 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 18 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 19 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 20 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 21 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 22 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 23 Pearson Airport logistics
- 24 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?
- 25 Columbia Icefields Parkway