Hi all- will be staying at the Wickanininsh Inn for 5 nights in first week of December. The main purpose of my trip is storm watching, but I love to bird watch so want to do some (easy to moderate) hikes. The staff at the wick said there is a short trail there, but otherwise I would need to go to Pacific Rim national park for real trails. I read somewhere there are trails starting right in the town of Tofino? I'd rather not rent a car if possible, but don't want to get bored at the inn. I would be looking for Leisurely, 3-4 hr walks/hikes. Is there alternative transportation to the national park? Getting to Tofino itself should be ok because there's a hotel shuttle. Very excited about this trip!
Tofino BC without a car?
- 1 First time trip to Montreal for senior couple (late sixties)
- 2 Free National Geographic Travel Map of Newfoundland
- 3 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 4 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 5 Montreal-NB-PEI by car for a 7 day trip
- 6 Huge British Columbia roadtrip
- 7 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 8 Calgary - Things to Do
- 9 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 10 Need help, can't decide
- 11 Accommodation in Kelowna area
- 12 Canadian SIM card options (in Nova Scotia)?
- 13 NIAGARA FALLS TO RAPID CITY MOST SCENIC ROUTE PLEASE
- 14 Two weeks in Quebec with kids.
- 15 Preclearing US customs in Canada
- 16 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 17 Hike/Trail recommendations in Banff?
- 18 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 19 Info about Visiting Yoho's Lake O'Hara, please!
- 20 2 weeks in vancouver with small baby
- 21 How similar are the Tofino area of B.C. and the San Juan Islands of WA state?
- 22 help! quebec city with a toddler.
- 23 Sidney, Pender, Galiano, Saturna - best route?
- 24 Brier Island versus Digby (or Annapolis Royal)
- 25 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton