Vancouver, Victoria and Tofino

Feb 8th, 2018, 05:56 PM
Original Poster

Vancouver, Victoria and Tofino

Hi!

We are planning to go to BC on the last 2 weeks of April. We are a couple on our 30ís who love to travel, we love good food, museums (specially my husband) and nature and hiking (although we are not specially fit!).
Here is our itinerary:
April 16th to 27th.

Monday 16: Arrive at Vancouver at 1pm and just take look around Gastown

Tuesday 17tanley Park and west end

Wednesday 18: Museum anthropology and china Town

Thursday 19: Grouse Mountain

Friday 20: Take morning Ferry to Victoria and enjoy the rest of the day walking Victoria

Saturday 21: Royal British Columbia Museum + Food tour

Sunday 22

∑ Rent a car

∑ Leave to Tofino, on our way stop at Butchart Gardens and Cathedral Grove

Monday 23: Whale Watching Tour and Schooner cove trail

Tuesday 24: Pacific Rim National Park

Wednesday 25 :Rainforest Trail

Thursday 26 Leave Tofino to Victoria and take the Ferry back to Vancouver

Friday 27th Leave for home

So, here are a couple questions I really will appreciate your help with:

1. Do you feel the days are distributed correctly?

2. We could have 3 more days in Canada, do have a suggestion of any other place we should visit?

3. I donít seem to get the weather conditions we will get. Should we expect a lot of rain or cold? For example on the day we are visiting grouse mountain should we expect snow? I was planning on doing some ziplining and going to the bridge and maybe rent a kayak, buy I don't know if it will be too cold for this! (consider we live in tropical Mexico, although we use to travel to Europe in winter)

4. I feel our last day coming back from Tofino up to Vancouver will be tiresome, I looked on the car rentals to consider dropping the car at nanaimo but the dropping fees were almost $250dollars. Another option that occurred to me is to rent the car from Thursday 19th (our last day in Vancouver when we will be visiting Grouse Mountain) and go back to Vancouver from Tofino via Nanaimos Ferry, what is your take on that?

Thank you so much for your help and any commets will be appreciated!
Feb 9th, 2018, 10:11 AM

Just a few ideas:

Instead of Gastown which IMO has few redeeming features wander around Granville Island...lots of interesting shops, galleries, resto s and views.

Grouse Mt. will have some snow but may have fog/ rain. If it is socked in I wouldn’t bother going up.

April usually brings more than showers! Definitely bring a rainproof jacket and layer. Some hotels in Tofino have rain gear and rubber boots for walking the beaches.

The Wild Pacific trail in Ucluelet is beyond scenic!

Keep the car, take the ferry from Nanaimo to West Vancouver. Easiest route.

Search this Thread