Travel Channel in Canada?

Apr 9th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Travel Channel in Canada?

In the US they have a Travel Channel, but as far as I know, in Canada we would have to buy a satellite to see this station. Is this correct?

Occasionally I catch a Rick Steve's Travel show on PBS or I see a travel episode on the Discovery channel, but I'm not sure if I am missing any other types of travel shows. Has anyone else discovered a travel show that runs regularly in Canada? I have a fairly good cable package, but nothing beyond that.

My other alternative is to order some travel DVD's. Hate to spend the money on them if I can see it on TV.
Apr 9th, 2005, 02:44 PM

CTV has a travel channel you can get with a digital cable package (well....Rogers offers it - not sure about Shaw and others ) - here's the web site

http://www.ctvtravel.ca/
Apr 10th, 2005, 05:31 PM

Try the Outdoor Life Network as they usually has travel shows, such as Lonely Planet (now renamed to Pilot Guides)
Apr 10th, 2005, 06:46 PM

you're not missing much.

the travel channel used to be pretty interesting with lots of decent to great shows.

now, it's wall-to-wall poker tournaments/matches (including celebrity poker matches, whee), haunted hotels (i prefer these to the poker stuff) and the rest is filled out by non-stop shows about las vegas. *snore*

i have a soft spot for the samantha brown "great hotels" shows, but these are mostly re-runs now.
Apr 11th, 2005, 04:28 AM

I also get the travel channel with my digital package from Cogeco.
But I have to agree, it's not very good. So many reruns and old shows.
Apr 2nd, 2018, 07:34 AM

Travel Channel

Originally Posted by toontown View Post
In the US they have a Travel Channel, but as far as I know, in Canada we would have to buy a satellite to see this station. Is this correct?

Occasionally I catch a Rick Steve's Travel show on PBS or I see a travel episode on the Discovery channel, but I'm not sure if I am missing any other types of travel shows. Has anyone else discovered a travel show that runs regularly in Canada? I have a fairly good cable package, but nothing beyond that.

My other alternative is to order some travel DVD's. Hate to spend the money on them if I can see it on TV.
The travel channel travel is not available on Rogers Cable I just asked because I was looking for it to watch another show. It's only available on Satellite TV

Search this Thread