this may seem a silly question ,but here goes
the one king west hotel used to be a bank
would a bank of that size have apartments above it in the 1920's?and if so would it be for bank employees only ?
my reason for the question is i have been researching my mothers family tree .
my mother as a young girl in 1928 traveled to Canada with her sister,uncle and aunt and on the ships records it states the address that her other aunt lived at and they were going to be staying at was
"Dominion Bank building corner of king street Toronto"
of course when i searched for that address i found the hotel,as we are hoping to visit Toronto we would love to stay in the same building as my mum had when she was only 3years old and newly arrived in Canada .
i am at lost how to find out if this is the same building,so this is a long shot .
there was no apartment number on the ships papers just the above as the address
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 2 Temporary residency in Canada
- 3 water filtration
- 4 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 5 Western Canada in August
- 6 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 7 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 8 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 9 Jasper with two elderly
- 10 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 11 Dempster highway in early September
- 12 jasper
- 13 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 14 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 15 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 16 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 17 Banff, and Glacier National Park
- 18 Canadian Layover - OVI deemed Inadmissable
- 19 Pearson Canada Customs from Boston
- 20 Whistler Shuttle Bus
- 21 Banff
- 22 St John's, NL Camping?
- 23 Christmas in Quebec City
- 24 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 25 Vancouver for Christmas