this may seem a silly question ,but here goes
the one king west hotel used to be a bank
would a bank of that size have apartments above it in the 1920's?and if so would it be for bank employees only ?
my reason for the question is i have been researching my mothers family tree .
my mother as a young girl in 1928 traveled to Canada with her sister,uncle and aunt and on the ships records it states the address that her other aunt lived at and they were going to be staying at was
"Dominion Bank building corner of king street Toronto"
of course when i searched for that address i found the hotel,as we are hoping to visit Toronto we would love to stay in the same building as my mum had when she was only 3years old and newly arrived in Canada .
i am at lost how to find out if this is the same building,so this is a long shot .
there was no apartment number on the ships papers just the above as the address
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 US: MSN Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:385:4895 msn mail
- 2 Quebec and Montreal train stations
- 3 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 4 Vermont to Montreal for 2 days?
- 5 Old Montreal kid friendly restaurants?
- 6 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 7 Activity Suggestions for Quebec City + Montreal for 10 days
- 8 Victoria, Canada
- 9 Toronto - Last Minute Ideas
- 10 Best places in Toronto
- 11 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 12 Day trip from Toronto to 1000 Islands
- 13 Planning a trip to 1000 Islands
- 14 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 15 Newfoundland in early June
- 16 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 17 Think a horsey ride is a good idea?
- 18 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 19 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 20 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 21 Nova Scotia in July
- 22 Cape Breton in early June
- 23 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 24 Magdalen Islands
- 25 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport