My husband and I are able to travel somewhat off season and would love to miss the crowds for our Banff/Jasper trip which i am just beginning to plan. I know that July/August is prime time, but if we were to choose between early June or September, which time would be best in terms of scenery and wildlife? I've read many earlier posts and both times seem to be good, but nobody mentioned wildlife. Would be see more traveling spring vs. fall? Also is there a rainy season?
best time to visit banff/jasper?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 2 Road trip from Vacouver to Alaska.
- 3 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 4 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 5 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 6 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 7 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 8 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 9 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 10 Planning a trip to Ontario?
- 11 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 12 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 13 2 days in Vancouver
- 14 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 15 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 16 8 days in NL
- 17 Montreal transportation pass
- 18 Ottawa and Thousand Islands
- 19 Best land travel for Canadian Maritines
- 20 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed
- 21 Newfoundland tent camping
- 22 Mother/daughter trip to Quebec City and Montreal!
- 23 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 24 Thousand Islands
- 25 Crazy to Go to Montreal in Winter?