My husband and I are able to travel somewhat off season and would love to miss the crowds for our Banff/Jasper trip which i am just beginning to plan. I know that July/August is prime time, but if we were to choose between early June or September, which time would be best in terms of scenery and wildlife? I've read many earlier posts and both times seem to be good, but nobody mentioned wildlife. Would be see more traveling spring vs. fall? Also is there a rainy season?
best time to visit banff/jasper?
View all Canada activity »
- 1 Winter getaway to Quebec City!!
- 2 Golden BC
- 3 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 4 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 5 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 6 VANCOUVER AUGUST 2014
- 7 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 8 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 9 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 10 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 11 Two students going to Montreal/Quebec City for cheap
- 12 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 13 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 14 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 15 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 16 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 17 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 18 Golden, British Columbia
- 19 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 20 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 21 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 22 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 23 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 24 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 25 America by Rail