My husband and I are able to travel somewhat off season and would love to miss the crowds for our Banff/Jasper trip which i am just beginning to plan. I know that July/August is prime time, but if we were to choose between early June or September, which time would be best in terms of scenery and wildlife? I've read many earlier posts and both times seem to be good, but nobody mentioned wildlife. Would be see more traveling spring vs. fall? Also is there a rainy season?
best time to visit banff/jasper?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 2 Canada in winter
- 3 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 4 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland in 7-9 days?
- 5 Relaxing Honeymoon
- 6 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 7 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 8 Victoria Dining
- 9 Northern Lights
- 10 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 11 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 13 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 14 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 15 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 16 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1
- 17 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 18 Looking for custom wine tour from Vernon, BC
- 19 how to search for owls in winter
- 20 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 21 Help us see Vancouver island
- 22 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 23 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 24 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 25 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus