My husband and I are able to travel somewhat off season and would love to miss the crowds for our Banff/Jasper trip which i am just beginning to plan. I know that July/August is prime time, but if we were to choose between early June or September, which time would be best in terms of scenery and wildlife? I've read many earlier posts and both times seem to be good, but nobody mentioned wildlife. Would be see more traveling spring vs. fall? Also is there a rainy season?
best time to visit banff/jasper?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 2 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 3 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 4 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 5 Banf
- 6 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 7 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 8 Gaspe
- 9 Tours
- 10 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 11 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 12 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 13 Driving from Calgary to U SA
- 14 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 15 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 16 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 17 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 18 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 19 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 20 Alberta Wildfires
- 21 Niagara Falls Canada
- 22 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 23 Fresh Fruit from US
- 24 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 25 quebec