My husband and I are able to travel somewhat off season and would love to miss the crowds for our Banff/Jasper trip which i am just beginning to plan. I know that July/August is prime time, but if we were to choose between early June or September, which time would be best in terms of scenery and wildlife? I've read many earlier posts and both times seem to be good, but nobody mentioned wildlife. Would be see more traveling spring vs. fall? Also is there a rainy season?
best time to visit banff/jasper?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 2 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 3 Need tips for this trip
- 4 Rockies trip in June.
- 5 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 6 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 7 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 8 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 9 North Vancouver Island
- 10 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 11 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 12 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 13 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 14 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 15 Newfoundland questions
- 16 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 17 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 18 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 19 Itinerary help
- 20 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 21 Montreal/Toronto
- 22 Gros Morne hiking
- 23 Victoria for 2 days
- 24 Early Summer Banff/Lake Louise/Field
- 25 Staying in Vancouver