So as part of a larger trip, I have taken ideas from these forums and decided to skip Ayers Rock and instead try to visit Kangaroo Island and Flinders Ranges.
I will be driving the Great Ocean Road for about 3 days, and was thinking of continuing on to Kangaroo Ferry crossing point (Cape Jervis), and then from there up to Flinders Ranges.
I have 8 days total for Great Ocean Road, Kangaroo, and Flinders.
Day 1 - Melbourne Drive out to Great Ocean Road - stay Apollo Bay
Day 2 - Great Ocean Road - stay at Port Cambell
Day 3 - Great Ocean Road to Port Cambell to Cape Jervis - that's 9 hours which is a little rough in one day - take 7 pm ferry to Kangaroo Island - stay overnight
Day 4 - Explore Kangaroo Island for most of day, ferry then drive to Adelaide (1.5 drive). Stay overnight there
Day 5 - Drive to Flinders Ranges - 6 hours!
Day 6 - Flinders Ranges - Wilpena Pound
Day 7 - Flinders Ranges - other stuff
Day 8 - Flinders (some time here) then drive back to Adelaide for flight out next day
Any thoughts of how to do this better? Am I trying to do too much?
Should I shorten Ocean Road part to give more time in Kangaroo?
Tough, there is just too many great things to explore and not enough time.
Thanks for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 카지노 술집## Live119 . n e t ##
- 2 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 3 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 4 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 5 14 day South NZ Trip
- 6 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 7 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 8 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 9 One-day hike in Milford area
- 10 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 11 Best national park around Sydney
- 12 1 night stay around GOR
- 13 7 days in New Zealand
- 14 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 15 NZ repeat visitors
- 16 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 17 South Island Suggestions
- 18 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 19 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 20 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 21 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 22 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 23 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 24 New Zealand Car Rental
- 25 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI