So as part of a larger trip, I have taken ideas from these forums and decided to skip Ayers Rock and instead try to visit Kangaroo Island and Flinders Ranges.
I will be driving the Great Ocean Road for about 3 days, and was thinking of continuing on to Kangaroo Ferry crossing point (Cape Jervis), and then from there up to Flinders Ranges.
I have 8 days total for Great Ocean Road, Kangaroo, and Flinders.
Day 1 - Melbourne Drive out to Great Ocean Road - stay Apollo Bay
Day 2 - Great Ocean Road - stay at Port Cambell
Day 3 - Great Ocean Road to Port Cambell to Cape Jervis - that's 9 hours which is a little rough in one day - take 7 pm ferry to Kangaroo Island - stay overnight
Day 4 - Explore Kangaroo Island for most of day, ferry then drive to Adelaide (1.5 drive). Stay overnight there
Day 5 - Drive to Flinders Ranges - 6 hours!
Day 6 - Flinders Ranges - Wilpena Pound
Day 7 - Flinders Ranges - other stuff
Day 8 - Flinders (some time here) then drive back to Adelaide for flight out next day
Any thoughts of how to do this better? Am I trying to do too much?
Should I shorten Ocean Road part to give more time in Kangaroo?
Tough, there is just too many great things to explore and not enough time.
Thanks for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 2 5 days in South Island
- 3 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 4 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 5 New Zealand Itinerary
- 6 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 7 NZ visa denials
- 8 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 9 Help on Itinerary
- 10 Sydney Trip
- 11 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 12 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 13 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 14 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 15 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 16 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 17 Extra 2 nights = help
- 18 February Australia Visit
- 19 Best wildlife near sydney
- 20 Where to go in Australia
- 21 Bruny Island
- 22 Western Australia
- 23 South Island - West Coast Itinerary
- 24 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website
- 25 New Zealand South Island Alternative Itinerary