My wife and I booked our flights to Sydney (landing Feb 5th, 2012 and Departing February 24th 2012).
I have a high level of an idea of what I want to see, but not sure if it is the best way to go about it and am looking for help planning my trip (and most importantly, planning our travel b/w cities)
Here is what I have so far:
Feb 5th, arrive Sydney in the AM; climb the bridge, do a wine tour, see the blue mountains, shop
Feb 9th, Depart Sydney and head to Brisbane (here we have a friend we can stay with)
take a day trip to Byron Bay/Surfers Paradise etc,
Feb 12th AM depart for Fraser Island (bus trip?), where we will rent ATV's and stay overnight somewhere (not sure where)
Feb 13th PM depart Fraser Island and head up the coast to the Whitsunday Islands. Do a sailing tour of the islands and spend Valentines Day doing something nice....
Feb 15th, depart Whitsunday Islands and head to Cairns (not sure how, bus/fly?)
Spend 2 days in Cairns snorkelling and relaxing beachside/shopping
February 17th, Depart Cairns via plane and head to Melbourne
Spend time in Melbourne, shopping, wine tours, site seeing etc... (what else do you do here)?
Feb 20th AM Depart Melbourne and fly to New Zealand (not sure where), but stay in NZ Feb 20th - 23.
Feb 23rd Depart NZ and Fly back to sydney to prepare for our flight back home.....
Any help with this itinerary would be much appreciated... We are not intereseted in seeing Ayers Rock....
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Uluru
- 2 Exmouth WhaleSharks and Wildflowers
- 3 16 days in Australia
- 4 Picton to Queenstown 6days
- 5 NZ forum HELP- North and South Island itinerary review
- 6 Pudding cups in New Zealand
- 7 Between a rock and a hard spot
- 8 New Zealnd 17 days--North to Top of the South Itinerary
- 9 Gluten free Australia
- 10 In & Around Melbourne & Sydney
- 11 bushwalking in the Blue Mountains
- 12 Where to stay overnight between Abel Tasman NP and Fox Glacier?
- 13 Cairns & Port Douglas
- 14 One week stay using Brisbane as starting base
- 15 Melbourne, GOR & Grampians
- 16 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 17 Sydney to Coffs Harbour in Jan with kids, 9 and 11
- 18 from Te Anau, NZ: fly to AKL from Invercargill or Queenstown?
- 19 25day planning for Australia
- 20 Going to Uluru - Is it worth it?
- 21 Help New Zealand
- 22 Snow ideas near Melbourne and Sydney
- 23 8 day trip to New Zealand
- 24 Hervey Bay Whales & Apartment
- 25 Private Tour Guides Australian Coast