My wife and I booked our flights to Sydney (landing Feb 5th, 2012 and Departing February 24th 2012).
I have a high level of an idea of what I want to see, but not sure if it is the best way to go about it and am looking for help planning my trip (and most importantly, planning our travel b/w cities)
Here is what I have so far:
Feb 5th, arrive Sydney in the AM; climb the bridge, do a wine tour, see the blue mountains, shop
Feb 9th, Depart Sydney and head to Brisbane (here we have a friend we can stay with)
take a day trip to Byron Bay/Surfers Paradise etc,
Feb 12th AM depart for Fraser Island (bus trip?), where we will rent ATV's and stay overnight somewhere (not sure where)
Feb 13th PM depart Fraser Island and head up the coast to the Whitsunday Islands. Do a sailing tour of the islands and spend Valentines Day doing something nice....
Feb 15th, depart Whitsunday Islands and head to Cairns (not sure how, bus/fly?)
Spend 2 days in Cairns snorkelling and relaxing beachside/shopping
February 17th, Depart Cairns via plane and head to Melbourne
Spend time in Melbourne, shopping, wine tours, site seeing etc... (what else do you do here)?
Feb 20th AM Depart Melbourne and fly to New Zealand (not sure where), but stay in NZ Feb 20th - 23.
Feb 23rd Depart NZ and Fly back to sydney to prepare for our flight back home.....
Any help with this itinerary would be much appreciated... We are not intereseted in seeing Ayers Rock....
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 joomla website maintenance Traralgon
- 2 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 3 hotels Sydney Jan 10-15, 2017
- 4 Tara Elizabeth Buchanan - Best places to visit in Sydney
- 5 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 6 Help with NZ Travel
- 7 Christmas Day in Auckland
- 8 Bora Bora- April or/vs May+Agencies/Travel/Activites/Places to stay
- 9 NZ get off cruise and drive to QT/Fjorland?
- 10 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 11 Kaikoura roads update
- 12 Free Camping
- 13 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 14 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 15 Clever, mischievous keas
- 16 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 17 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 18 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 19 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 20 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 21 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 22 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 23 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 24 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 25 North or South after Perth in rental car?