My wife and I booked our flights to Sydney (landing Feb 5th, 2012 and Departing February 24th 2012).
I have a high level of an idea of what I want to see, but not sure if it is the best way to go about it and am looking for help planning my trip (and most importantly, planning our travel b/w cities)
Here is what I have so far:
Feb 5th, arrive Sydney in the AM; climb the bridge, do a wine tour, see the blue mountains, shop
Feb 9th, Depart Sydney and head to Brisbane (here we have a friend we can stay with)
take a day trip to Byron Bay/Surfers Paradise etc,
Feb 12th AM depart for Fraser Island (bus trip?), where we will rent ATV's and stay overnight somewhere (not sure where)
Feb 13th PM depart Fraser Island and head up the coast to the Whitsunday Islands. Do a sailing tour of the islands and spend Valentines Day doing something nice....
Feb 15th, depart Whitsunday Islands and head to Cairns (not sure how, bus/fly?)
Spend 2 days in Cairns snorkelling and relaxing beachside/shopping
February 17th, Depart Cairns via plane and head to Melbourne
Spend time in Melbourne, shopping, wine tours, site seeing etc... (what else do you do here)?
Feb 20th AM Depart Melbourne and fly to New Zealand (not sure where), but stay in NZ Feb 20th - 23.
Feb 23rd Depart NZ and Fly back to sydney to prepare for our flight back home.....
Any help with this itinerary would be much appreciated... We are not intereseted in seeing Ayers Rock....
HELP Planning Eastern Australia for first timers
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 3 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 New Zealand itinerary help
- 6 Hotel in Sydney
- 7 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 8 Melbourne Drive
- 9 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 10 Sydney or Melbourne
- 11 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 12 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 13 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 14 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 15 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 16 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 17 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 18 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 19 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 20 New York Times guide to Perth
- 21 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 22 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 23 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 24 Shopping for Opals
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne