Thanks for the advise you've been providing so far - This forum rocks.
So, a bit of info first:
My GF and I are spending 3 months travelling SE Asia.
NOVEMBER: Landing in Thailand (Bangkok) doing a bit of travelling about Thailand first.
Then we hope to visit Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, with the hope of being back to Thailand for Christmas (So let's say Dec 23rd)
We then intend to spend the rest of the time back in Thailand until our departure home on Feb 8th 2012
Now, assume we want as much paper-work done beforehand, and don't mind having to pay a little premium to do so
What would be the best type of Visa for Thailand? Remembering that we'll be entering Thailand (Nov 8th), leaving Thailand for Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam, and then returning into Thailand until Feb 8th 2012 (a grand total of 3 months)
We had initially intended to cross borders over land, but, with Vietnam for example, we would have to send our Passports to the UK (We live in Ireland) to be stamped beforehand. I was told this can be avoided by flying into Vietnam instead, pre-paying online and just getting a temp visa in the airport.
Laos/Cambodia - no clue where to start here.
Remember that between Laos/Vietnam/Cambodia it will only be a grand total of about 6 weeks, so pretty short-term
Any help on where to start with visa's for all 4 countries would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 2 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 3 A great trip in India
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 5 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 6 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 7 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 8 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 9 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 10 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 11 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 12 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 13 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 14 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 15 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 16 Hanoi Hotel
- 17 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 18 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 19 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 20 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 21 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 22 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 23 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 24 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 25 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
Visa's for 3 months Travelling: Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam