Thanks for the advise you've been providing so far - This forum rocks.
So, a bit of info first:
My GF and I are spending 3 months travelling SE Asia.
NOVEMBER: Landing in Thailand (Bangkok) doing a bit of travelling about Thailand first.
Then we hope to visit Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, with the hope of being back to Thailand for Christmas (So let's say Dec 23rd)
We then intend to spend the rest of the time back in Thailand until our departure home on Feb 8th 2012
Now, assume we want as much paper-work done beforehand, and don't mind having to pay a little premium to do so
What would be the best type of Visa for Thailand? Remembering that we'll be entering Thailand (Nov 8th), leaving Thailand for Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam, and then returning into Thailand until Feb 8th 2012 (a grand total of 3 months)
We had initially intended to cross borders over land, but, with Vietnam for example, we would have to send our Passports to the UK (We live in Ireland) to be stamped beforehand. I was told this can be avoided by flying into Vietnam instead, pre-paying online and just getting a temp visa in the airport.
Laos/Cambodia - no clue where to start here.
Remember that between Laos/Vietnam/Cambodia it will only be a grand total of about 6 weeks, so pretty short-term
Any help on where to start with visa's for all 4 countries would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 2 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 3 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 4 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 5 November, March, June... Japan?
- 6 Itinerary Help Japan
- 7 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 8 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 9 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 10 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 11 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 12 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 13 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 14 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 15 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 16 Silk Road Tour - China
- 17 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 18 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 19 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 20 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 21 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 22 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 23 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 24 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 25 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
Visa's for 3 months Travelling: Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam