I'm getting married in late February and traveling with my future wife to Thailand for our honeymoon. We will have 12 days on the ground (end of Feb to early March) in Thailand and I want to of course maximize our time and romance there.
I'm not really sure where to start - we are active and enjoy hiking, animals, history, new foods, country culture and nature; but also the big city culture as well as the beach. I think we could probably do three places during our time there but would love a sanity check on that. I'm looking for suggestions on regions, itinerary/order of the trip, and activities in each area.
I'm going to say that our average budget/night will be $200 but we are absolutely down to have some cheaper places to stay on certain parts of the trip and splurge with more expensive accommodations on others. Enjoying some luxury (nice accommodations/meals) during a portion of the trip is a priority. Flying between regions is fine.
I appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Staying at Phi Phi Don
- 2 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 3 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 4 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 5 Krabi, Koh Lanta or other
- 6 Air Travel in India
- 7 Totally unprepared
- 8 Advice for Japan trip in November
- 9 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 10 where to stay in Bali
- 11 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 12 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 13 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 14 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 15 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 16 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 17 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 18 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 19 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 20 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 22 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 23 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 24 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 25 Advice for 8 days in Nepal