I'm getting married in late February and traveling with my future wife to Thailand for our honeymoon. We will have 12 days on the ground (end of Feb to early March) in Thailand and I want to of course maximize our time and romance there.
I'm not really sure where to start - we are active and enjoy hiking, animals, history, new foods, country culture and nature; but also the big city culture as well as the beach. I think we could probably do three places during our time there but would love a sanity check on that. I'm looking for suggestions on regions, itinerary/order of the trip, and activities in each area.
I'm going to say that our average budget/night will be $200 but we are absolutely down to have some cheaper places to stay on certain parts of the trip and splurge with more expensive accommodations on others. Enjoying some luxury (nice accommodations/meals) during a portion of the trip is a priority. Flying between regions is fine.
I appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Thailand Honeymoon - late Feb/early Mar
- 1 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 2 white sand beaches in thailand
- 3 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 4 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 5 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 6 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 7 Udaipur, India
- 8 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 9 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 10 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 11 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 12 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 13 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 14 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 15 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 16 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 17 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 18 where to go in SE Asia
- 19 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 20 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 21 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?
- 22 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 23 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 24 Siem Reap from San Fran in winter 2013 FIRST TIME to Asia
- 25 trip report to tajmahal agra india