I'm getting married in late February and traveling with my future wife to Thailand for our honeymoon. We will have 12 days on the ground (end of Feb to early March) in Thailand and I want to of course maximize our time and romance there.
I'm not really sure where to start - we are active and enjoy hiking, animals, history, new foods, country culture and nature; but also the big city culture as well as the beach. I think we could probably do three places during our time there but would love a sanity check on that. I'm looking for suggestions on regions, itinerary/order of the trip, and activities in each area.
I'm going to say that our average budget/night will be $200 but we are absolutely down to have some cheaper places to stay on certain parts of the trip and splurge with more expensive accommodations on others. Enjoying some luxury (nice accommodations/meals) during a portion of the trip is a priority. Flying between regions is fine.
I appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Thailand Honeymoon - late Feb/early Mar
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 2 Destination Bangkok, again
- 3 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 4 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 5 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 6 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 7 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 8 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 9 Bali or Fiji
- 10 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 11 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 12 flight details from Chicago area to BKK
- 13 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 14 Travel during China national week?
- 15 Don't use World Expeditions
- 16 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 17 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 18 Affordable accommodation in Yangon near Sule Pagoda
- 19 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 20 3 days in Teheran
- 21 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days
- 22 Bangkok - Weekend train excursion to Kanchanaburi and/or Nam Tok
- 23 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 24 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 25 Favorite travel apps?