I'm getting married in late February and traveling with my future wife to Thailand for our honeymoon. We will have 12 days on the ground (end of Feb to early March) in Thailand and I want to of course maximize our time and romance there.
I'm not really sure where to start - we are active and enjoy hiking, animals, history, new foods, country culture and nature; but also the big city culture as well as the beach. I think we could probably do three places during our time there but would love a sanity check on that. I'm looking for suggestions on regions, itinerary/order of the trip, and activities in each area.
I'm going to say that our average budget/night will be $200 but we are absolutely down to have some cheaper places to stay on certain parts of the trip and splurge with more expensive accommodations on others. Enjoying some luxury (nice accommodations/meals) during a portion of the trip is a priority. Flying between regions is fine.
I appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 2 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 3 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 4 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 5 Visiting China - must be tour
- 6 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 7 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 8 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 10 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 11 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 12 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 13 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 14 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 15 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 16 An island paradise?
- 17 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 18 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 19 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 20 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 21 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
- 22 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 23 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 24 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 25 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong