I'm getting married in late February and traveling with my future wife to Thailand for our honeymoon. We will have 12 days on the ground (end of Feb to early March) in Thailand and I want to of course maximize our time and romance there.
I'm not really sure where to start - we are active and enjoy hiking, animals, history, new foods, country culture and nature; but also the big city culture as well as the beach. I think we could probably do three places during our time there but would love a sanity check on that. I'm looking for suggestions on regions, itinerary/order of the trip, and activities in each area.
I'm going to say that our average budget/night will be $200 but we are absolutely down to have some cheaper places to stay on certain parts of the trip and splurge with more expensive accommodations on others. Enjoying some luxury (nice accommodations/meals) during a portion of the trip is a priority. Flying between regions is fine.
I appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Thailand Honeymoon - late Feb/early Mar
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 2 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 3 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 4 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 5 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 6 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 7 Kashmir today
- 8 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 9 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 10 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 11 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 12 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 13 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 14 Triple Room in Singapore
- 15 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 16 What I like about Mumbai
- 17 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 18 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak
- 19 11D Family 4 Adults 3 kids age 1, 4, 6 Taiwan trip need advice on itinerary
- 20 Sri Lanka - Itinerary Ideas?
- 21 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 22 6 full days in Yagoon
- 23 Where to Play Basketball in Tokyo
- 24 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 25 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary