I'm getting married in late February and traveling with my future wife to Thailand for our honeymoon. We will have 12 days on the ground (end of Feb to early March) in Thailand and I want to of course maximize our time and romance there.
I'm not really sure where to start - we are active and enjoy hiking, animals, history, new foods, country culture and nature; but also the big city culture as well as the beach. I think we could probably do three places during our time there but would love a sanity check on that. I'm looking for suggestions on regions, itinerary/order of the trip, and activities in each area.
I'm going to say that our average budget/night will be $200 but we are absolutely down to have some cheaper places to stay on certain parts of the trip and splurge with more expensive accommodations on others. Enjoying some luxury (nice accommodations/meals) during a portion of the trip is a priority. Flying between regions is fine.
I appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Taiwan itinerary help, only 3 nights/2 days.
- 2 2 gals and 2 weeks in Bali
- 3 JR Pass or Pay as you Go
- 4 Is this crazy?
- 5 In Seoul for one day
- 6 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 7 Japan & WiFi
- 8 Bali airport transportation
- 9 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 10 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 11 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 12 Travel Itenary
- 13 Halong Bay cruise
- 14 Vietnam - 15 day Visa Waiver extended until 30 June 2017
- 15 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 16 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 17 Passport for Indonesia
- 18 Fabric shops in India
- 19 8 Days in Central/South Vietnam
- 20 thai baht allowance
- 21 japan itenirary help
- 22 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 23 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 24 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 25 Fodor's Boston GTG