I'm getting married in late February and traveling with my future wife to Thailand for our honeymoon. We will have 12 days on the ground (end of Feb to early March) in Thailand and I want to of course maximize our time and romance there.
I'm not really sure where to start - we are active and enjoy hiking, animals, history, new foods, country culture and nature; but also the big city culture as well as the beach. I think we could probably do three places during our time there but would love a sanity check on that. I'm looking for suggestions on regions, itinerary/order of the trip, and activities in each area.
I'm going to say that our average budget/night will be $200 but we are absolutely down to have some cheaper places to stay on certain parts of the trip and splurge with more expensive accommodations on others. Enjoying some luxury (nice accommodations/meals) during a portion of the trip is a priority. Flying between regions is fine.
I appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vaccinations
- 2 Tips for Chiang Rai (or stop eleswhere ?)
- 3 Anyone used China Odyssey?
- 4 China prices for knock off designer ?
- 5 where can i find replica handbags
- 6 a year in burma
- 7 Southern India here we come
- 8 Capsule hotels
- 9 Borneo forest fires
- 10 TXinjiang safety KKH Safety
- 11 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 12 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 13 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 14 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 15 Taipei 10 Night Itinerary
- 16 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 17 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 18 Bridge players Beware!!
- 19 Is series 2006 usd accepted in thailqnd
- 20 Help finding a ryokan / onsen!
- 21 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 22 Chengdu and Beijing
- 23 One month on Bali/Lombok
- 24 2 months in Indonesia
- 25 First time to SEA