I'm getting married in late February and traveling with my future wife to Thailand for our honeymoon. We will have 12 days on the ground (end of Feb to early March) in Thailand and I want to of course maximize our time and romance there.
I'm not really sure where to start - we are active and enjoy hiking, animals, history, new foods, country culture and nature; but also the big city culture as well as the beach. I think we could probably do three places during our time there but would love a sanity check on that. I'm looking for suggestions on regions, itinerary/order of the trip, and activities in each area.
I'm going to say that our average budget/night will be $200 but we are absolutely down to have some cheaper places to stay on certain parts of the trip and splurge with more expensive accommodations on others. Enjoying some luxury (nice accommodations/meals) during a portion of the trip is a priority. Flying between regions is fine.
I appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Cherry Blossom time 2018
- 2 Japan rough itinerary
- 3 Silk Road Tour - China
- 4 Vietnam visa debate
- 5 Transfers and hotel Hong Kong
- 6 Vietnam visa
- 7 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 8 Bye bye SE Asia
- 9 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 12 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 13 India Tour Companies
- 14 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 15 Laos planning.
- 16 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 17 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 18 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 19 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 20 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 21 One night in Osaka
- 22 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 23 Japan - costs
- 24 Japan for Foodies
- 25 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand