I'm getting married in late February and traveling with my future wife to Thailand for our honeymoon. We will have 12 days on the ground (end of Feb to early March) in Thailand and I want to of course maximize our time and romance there.
I'm not really sure where to start - we are active and enjoy hiking, animals, history, new foods, country culture and nature; but also the big city culture as well as the beach. I think we could probably do three places during our time there but would love a sanity check on that. I'm looking for suggestions on regions, itinerary/order of the trip, and activities in each area.
I'm going to say that our average budget/night will be $200 but we are absolutely down to have some cheaper places to stay on certain parts of the trip and splurge with more expensive accommodations on others. Enjoying some luxury (nice accommodations/meals) during a portion of the trip is a priority. Flying between regions is fine.
I appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 2 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 3 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 4 9 days in Bali
- 5 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 6 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 7 Activation of JR Pass
- 8 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 9 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 10 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 11 My new 10 year china visa
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 13 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 14 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 15 Layover in Hong Kong
- 16 Trip to Thailand - advice
- 17 5 weeks in Japan - Autumn 2011 Trip Report
- 18 Italy from an Asian base
- 19 2 weeks in Java
- 20 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 21 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 22 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 23 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 24 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 25 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions