I'm getting married in late February and traveling with my future wife to Thailand for our honeymoon. We will have 12 days on the ground (end of Feb to early March) in Thailand and I want to of course maximize our time and romance there.
I'm not really sure where to start - we are active and enjoy hiking, animals, history, new foods, country culture and nature; but also the big city culture as well as the beach. I think we could probably do three places during our time there but would love a sanity check on that. I'm looking for suggestions on regions, itinerary/order of the trip, and activities in each area.
I'm going to say that our average budget/night will be $200 but we are absolutely down to have some cheaper places to stay on certain parts of the trip and splurge with more expensive accommodations on others. Enjoying some luxury (nice accommodations/meals) during a portion of the trip is a priority. Flying between regions is fine.
I appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 50th Anniversary trip
- 2 Changing planes at Dubai
- 3 "necessities" for India
- 4 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 5 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 6 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 7 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 8 14 days in Myanmar
- 9 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 10 Short trip to Myanmar
- 11 ATMs in Japan
- 12 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 13 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 14 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 15 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 16 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 17 Mandalay questions
- 18 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 19 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 20 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 21 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 22 Help - India take 2
- 23 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 24 CNX late arrival?
- 25 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos