I'm getting married in late February and traveling with my future wife to Thailand for our honeymoon. We will have 12 days on the ground (end of Feb to early March) in Thailand and I want to of course maximize our time and romance there.
I'm not really sure where to start - we are active and enjoy hiking, animals, history, new foods, country culture and nature; but also the big city culture as well as the beach. I think we could probably do three places during our time there but would love a sanity check on that. I'm looking for suggestions on regions, itinerary/order of the trip, and activities in each area.
I'm going to say that our average budget/night will be $200 but we are absolutely down to have some cheaper places to stay on certain parts of the trip and splurge with more expensive accommodations on others. Enjoying some luxury (nice accommodations/meals) during a portion of the trip is a priority. Flying between regions is fine.
I appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Beach hotel Thailand
- 2 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 3 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 4 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 5 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 6 India help needed
- 7 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 8 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 9 Sim cards and adaptors
- 10 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 11 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 12 Sri Lanka Visa
- 13 Hoi Ann hotel
- 14 Hotel in Hanoi
- 15 Place to stay Hue
- 16 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 17 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 18 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 19 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 20 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 21 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 22 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 23 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 24 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 25 Trekking outside Sapa