I have always received great advice through these forums and have read all the previous suggestions on the other Thailand honeymoon threads, however, none of the other honeymooners are traveling in July or August, so I am very interested in hearing about if it would still be worthwhile to go during this time of year.
We were just married on NYE and are planning our honeymoon for this summer due to starting a new job and needing to earn the vacation time. We should have 10 to 14 days to travel and will be flying from NYC. We would like to split our time between sight-seeing/touring and relaxing/spa. Currently, I have been considering:
Day 1: Flight to Singapore
Days 2, 3: Singapore
Day 4: Fly to Bangkok
Days 5, 6, 7, 8: Bangkok (possibly Oriental, Shangri-la, or Marriott Mayfair)
Day 9: Fly to Phuket
Days 10, 11, 12: Phuket (how do you feel about the Sri Panwa hotel?)
Day 13/14: Fly to NY
We could also fly through Hong Kong and switch that out for Singapore. Obviously it would need to be cut short if we only had 10 days. We both love exploring new places, enjoying good food, and trying new things.
Thanks for all your help and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 2 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 3 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 4 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 5 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 6 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 7 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 8 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 9 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 10 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 11 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 12 November, March, June... Japan?
- 13 Itinerary Help Japan
- 14 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 15 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 16 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 17 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 18 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 19 Silk Road Tour - China
- 20 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 21 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 22 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 23 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 24 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 25 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days