I have always received great advice through these forums and have read all the previous suggestions on the other Thailand honeymoon threads, however, none of the other honeymooners are traveling in July or August, so I am very interested in hearing about if it would still be worthwhile to go during this time of year.
We were just married on NYE and are planning our honeymoon for this summer due to starting a new job and needing to earn the vacation time. We should have 10 to 14 days to travel and will be flying from NYC. We would like to split our time between sight-seeing/touring and relaxing/spa. Currently, I have been considering:
Day 1: Flight to Singapore
Days 2, 3: Singapore
Day 4: Fly to Bangkok
Days 5, 6, 7, 8: Bangkok (possibly Oriental, Shangri-la, or Marriott Mayfair)
Day 9: Fly to Phuket
Days 10, 11, 12: Phuket (how do you feel about the Sri Panwa hotel?)
Day 13/14: Fly to NY
We could also fly through Hong Kong and switch that out for Singapore. Obviously it would need to be cut short if we only had 10 days. We both love exploring new places, enjoying good food, and trying new things.
Thanks for all your help and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 2 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 3 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 4 Tokyo daytrip
- 5 Japan GTG, early April
- 6 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 7 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 8 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 9 Bali - What to do?
- 10 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 11 Impressions of India
- 12 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 13 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 14 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 15 Taiwan confusion..
- 16 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 17 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 18 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 19 Laos- two weeks in January
- 20 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 21 Visa for India
- 22 Snapshots From Kerala
- 23 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 24 Other than Kyoto?
- 25 Japan itinerary advice