I have always received great advice through these forums and have read all the previous suggestions on the other Thailand honeymoon threads, however, none of the other honeymooners are traveling in July or August, so I am very interested in hearing about if it would still be worthwhile to go during this time of year.
We were just married on NYE and are planning our honeymoon for this summer due to starting a new job and needing to earn the vacation time. We should have 10 to 14 days to travel and will be flying from NYC. We would like to split our time between sight-seeing/touring and relaxing/spa. Currently, I have been considering:
Day 1: Flight to Singapore
Days 2, 3: Singapore
Day 4: Fly to Bangkok
Days 5, 6, 7, 8: Bangkok (possibly Oriental, Shangri-la, or Marriott Mayfair)
Day 9: Fly to Phuket
Days 10, 11, 12: Phuket (how do you feel about the Sri Panwa hotel?)
Day 13/14: Fly to NY
We could also fly through Hong Kong and switch that out for Singapore. Obviously it would need to be cut short if we only had 10 days. We both love exploring new places, enjoying good food, and trying new things.
Thanks for all your help and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary Review
- 2 From Bali--Sumatra or Borneo?
- 3 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 4 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 5 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 6 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 7 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 8 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 9 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 10 Road Scholar tour in China
- 11 China in june-July
- 12 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 13 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 14 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 15 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 16 Bali - What to do?
- 17 China in July
- 18 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 19 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 20 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 21 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 22 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 23 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 24 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 25 Being customs