I have always received great advice through these forums and have read all the previous suggestions on the other Thailand honeymoon threads, however, none of the other honeymooners are traveling in July or August, so I am very interested in hearing about if it would still be worthwhile to go during this time of year.
We were just married on NYE and are planning our honeymoon for this summer due to starting a new job and needing to earn the vacation time. We should have 10 to 14 days to travel and will be flying from NYC. We would like to split our time between sight-seeing/touring and relaxing/spa. Currently, I have been considering:
Day 1: Flight to Singapore
Days 2, 3: Singapore
Day 4: Fly to Bangkok
Days 5, 6, 7, 8: Bangkok (possibly Oriental, Shangri-la, or Marriott Mayfair)
Day 9: Fly to Phuket
Days 10, 11, 12: Phuket (how do you feel about the Sri Panwa hotel?)
Day 13/14: Fly to NY
We could also fly through Hong Kong and switch that out for Singapore. Obviously it would need to be cut short if we only had 10 days. We both love exploring new places, enjoying good food, and trying new things.
Thanks for all your help and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 2 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 3 base bangkok or manilla
- 4 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 5 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 6 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 7 Idiotic time zone question
- 8 Christmas in the Alps
- 9 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 10 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 11 Mount Koya
- 12 Sometahing is wrong
- 13 Twin rooms in Japan
- 14 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 15 sri lanka- tips required
- 16 Change my Itinerary?
- 17 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week