I have always received great advice through these forums and have read all the previous suggestions on the other Thailand honeymoon threads, however, none of the other honeymooners are traveling in July or August, so I am very interested in hearing about if it would still be worthwhile to go during this time of year.
We were just married on NYE and are planning our honeymoon for this summer due to starting a new job and needing to earn the vacation time. We should have 10 to 14 days to travel and will be flying from NYC. We would like to split our time between sight-seeing/touring and relaxing/spa. Currently, I have been considering:
Day 1: Flight to Singapore
Days 2, 3: Singapore
Day 4: Fly to Bangkok
Days 5, 6, 7, 8: Bangkok (possibly Oriental, Shangri-la, or Marriott Mayfair)
Day 9: Fly to Phuket
Days 10, 11, 12: Phuket (how do you feel about the Sri Panwa hotel?)
Day 13/14: Fly to NY
We could also fly through Hong Kong and switch that out for Singapore. Obviously it would need to be cut short if we only had 10 days. We both love exploring new places, enjoying good food, and trying new things.
Thanks for all your help and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India itinerary critique please
- 2 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 3 Magical India
- 4 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 5 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 6 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 7 Japan Itinerary!
- 8 Vientiane and ??
- 9 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 10 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 11 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 12 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 13 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 14 Himachal Pradesh
- 15 Luggage size China ?
- 16 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 17 Thai Elephants
- 18 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 19 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 20 Sri Lanka in August
- 21 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 22 Japan/Korea/HK
- 23 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 24 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 25 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays