My 17 year old son will be traveling to Taiwan for the first time in a few weeks to immerse himself in the language. Althouh he will be staying with the families of two friends that he met while they were visiting us in the US, I am hoping to get some tips of places to go and things to see while he is there. Any suggestions? What are the "must-sees"? Also, we have received conflicting information regarding the type of electric power and the plug type. Are the electric plugs and outlets in Taiwan the same configuration as here in the US? Same voltage? We don't want to have problems with his cell phone charger being useless, or electronics being fried! Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - David
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 2 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days
- 3 Destination Bangkok, again
- 4 Travel during China national week?
- 5 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 6 Bangkok - Weekend train excursion to Kanchanaburi and/or Nam Tok
- 7 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 8 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 9 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 10 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 11 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 12 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 13 Favorite travel apps?
- 14 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 15 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 16 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 17 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 18 Foreign currency
- 19 how to book a train from -DaNang to Hue, Vietnam
- 20 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 21 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 22 Honeymoon In sept
- 23 Vietnam October 2014
- 24 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 25 Indonesian visa update