My 17 year old son will be traveling to Taiwan for the first time in a few weeks to immerse himself in the language. Althouh he will be staying with the families of two friends that he met while they were visiting us in the US, I am hoping to get some tips of places to go and things to see while he is there. Any suggestions? What are the "must-sees"? Also, we have received conflicting information regarding the type of electric power and the plug type. Are the electric plugs and outlets in Taiwan the same configuration as here in the US? Same voltage? We don't want to have problems with his cell phone charger being useless, or electronics being fried! Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - David
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One week in Tokyo
- 2 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 3 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 4 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 5 Overnight layover/transit in PEK or Shanghai WITHOUT a visa?
- 6 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 7 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 8 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 9 Flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh
- 10 china
- 11 TIPS FOR TRAVELLING THE PHILIPPINES
- 12 where to next after Nanjing 2014 youth olympic games
- 13 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 14 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 15 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 16 China - Personal recommendations
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 18 May 31st to June 13th, 2015 in Thailand, need help in itinerary
- 19 Exploring Taiwan off-the-beaten path and on a scooter
- 20 Vietnam and Angkor Wat, Cambodia: Need help organizing Itinerary
- 21 Burma river cruise
- 22 Driving in Laos
- 23 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 24 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 25 How would you organize this itinerary?