My 17 year old son will be traveling to Taiwan for the first time in a few weeks to immerse himself in the language. Althouh he will be staying with the families of two friends that he met while they were visiting us in the US, I am hoping to get some tips of places to go and things to see while he is there. Any suggestions? What are the "must-sees"? Also, we have received conflicting information regarding the type of electric power and the plug type. Are the electric plugs and outlets in Taiwan the same configuration as here in the US? Same voltage? We don't want to have problems with his cell phone charger being useless, or electronics being fried! Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - David
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 2 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 3 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 4 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 5 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 6 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 7 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 8 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 9 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 10 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 11 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 12 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 13 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 14 Japan Itinerary for May
- 15 Thai island escape
- 16 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 17 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 18 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 19 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 20 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 21 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 22 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 23 South Korea 5 days
- 24 Japan -OAT tour
- 25 Questions on Places to See in Burma