My 17 year old son will be traveling to Taiwan for the first time in a few weeks to immerse himself in the language. Althouh he will be staying with the families of two friends that he met while they were visiting us in the US, I am hoping to get some tips of places to go and things to see while he is there. Any suggestions? What are the "must-sees"? Also, we have received conflicting information regarding the type of electric power and the plug type. Are the electric plugs and outlets in Taiwan the same configuration as here in the US? Same voltage? We don't want to have problems with his cell phone charger being useless, or electronics being fried! Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - David
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 1/2 week trip to Japan advise please!
- 2 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 3 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 4 Japan night bus
- 5 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 6 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 7 Living in Singapore Questions
- 8 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 9 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 10 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 11 April in Bangkok, again!
- 12 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 13 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 14 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 15 Problems at 12,000'
- 16 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 17 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 18 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 19 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 20 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 21 Which Putu in Bali????
- 22 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 23 Japan, japan
- 24 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 25 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions