My 17 year old son will be traveling to Taiwan for the first time in a few weeks to immerse himself in the language. Althouh he will be staying with the families of two friends that he met while they were visiting us in the US, I am hoping to get some tips of places to go and things to see while he is there. Any suggestions? What are the "must-sees"? Also, we have received conflicting information regarding the type of electric power and the plug type. Are the electric plugs and outlets in Taiwan the same configuration as here in the US? Same voltage? We don't want to have problems with his cell phone charger being useless, or electronics being fried! Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - David
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 2 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 3 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 4 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 5 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 6 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 7 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 8 Connaught Place
- 9 Nepal- recipe?
- 10 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 11 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 12 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 13 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 14 My SEA trip - photos update
- 15 vietnam and laos
- 16 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 17 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 18 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 19 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 20 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 21 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 22 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 23 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 24 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 25 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay