My 17 year old son will be traveling to Taiwan for the first time in a few weeks to immerse himself in the language. Althouh he will be staying with the families of two friends that he met while they were visiting us in the US, I am hoping to get some tips of places to go and things to see while he is there. Any suggestions? What are the "must-sees"? Also, we have received conflicting information regarding the type of electric power and the plug type. Are the electric plugs and outlets in Taiwan the same configuration as here in the US? Same voltage? We don't want to have problems with his cell phone charger being useless, or electronics being fried! Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - David
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 2 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 3 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 4 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 5 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 6 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 7 1 week Philippines
- 8 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 9 Japan: best time to go?
- 10 Magical India
- 11 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 12 Travel Insurance
- 13 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 14 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 15 SALAY from BAGAN
- 16 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 17 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 18 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 19 cell phone in india
- 20 Night cruise to Kyushu from Kansai (Osaka and Kobe)
- 21 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 22 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May
- 23 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 24 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 25 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?