My 17 year old son will be traveling to Taiwan for the first time in a few weeks to immerse himself in the language. Althouh he will be staying with the families of two friends that he met while they were visiting us in the US, I am hoping to get some tips of places to go and things to see while he is there. Any suggestions? What are the "must-sees"? Also, we have received conflicting information regarding the type of electric power and the plug type. Are the electric plugs and outlets in Taiwan the same configuration as here in the US? Same voltage? We don't want to have problems with his cell phone charger being useless, or electronics being fried! Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - David
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 2 Nepal
- 3 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 4 First time to srilanka
- 5 Ubud Tips
- 6 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 7 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 8 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 9 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 10 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 11 Kathie’s & Cheryl’s Impressions of Japan
- 12 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 13 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 14 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 15 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 16 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 17 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 18 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 19 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 20 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 21 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 22 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 23 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 24 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 25 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!