Cell Phone/Battery Charger

Jun 30th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Original Poster
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2
Cell Phone/Battery Charger


I am leaving July 5th for a tour of Scotland and then to spend some time in London and was wondering if someone would be able to help me with some information regarding electricity. I have a Blackberry and an HP Digital camera and will need to plug the phone in to charge it and also have a barrttery charger that will also need to function. I understand that the plugs take the three pronged connection but want to know if I will need to take along a converter for both the phone and the battery charger. If there is anyone out there that can assit I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Pat
pw46 is offline  
Jun 30th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 74,116
Hi Pat,

Your battery charger should say "110-220 V".

If it does you only need a plug adapter.

If it doesn't, it must be very old.

ira is offline  
Jul 1st, 2005, 05:49 AM
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,462
If you will have a car, you can charge everything from the cigarrette lighter. Buy just a regular adaptor that turns the lighter into a plug. European cars are the same as American in that regard. And then you can use it when you get home too. Worked great for us in France. But if you won't have a car, then I can't help you!
kelliebellie is offline  
Jul 1st, 2005, 06:03 AM
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,260
You need to read the charger's input information as to whether it will accept 110-220/240 voltage input. If it does then you will NOT need a converter, just a plug adaptor.

I suspect that the Blackberry charger MAY be more of a problem than the one for the camera. Do you have a tri-band or a quad-band phone that works in Europe (assume you do or you wouldn't be taking it but perhaps not...)again check the charger INPUT.

You can buy chargers for certain items which will accept various voltages.

I eliminated converters long ago in favor of such and also dula voltage appliances but I go to Europe several times a year.

Good luck.
Intrepid1 is offline  
Jul 1st, 2005, 06:09 AM
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,655
I have a Blackberry too and travel the world with it. You don't need a converter. All you need is the plug adaptors that came with it. Just plug in any outlet no matter what the voltage. I also do the same with my camera battery charger. They almost all work on dual voltage. If you are in doubt, go to the manafacturere websight.

Oh by the way, be sure to call your cell phone company and register your Blackberry for international use and talk to them about setting up unlimited roaming (for a small fee) for data.
richardab is offline  
Jul 1st, 2005, 06:37 AM
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,260
I'm sorry to diagree with Richard...but I still say, if in doubt LOOK AT THE ITEM before plugging it in.
Intrepid1 is offline  
Jul 2nd, 2005, 08:27 AM
Original Poster
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2
Thanks folks for all the input. It is appreciated and a gret help....Thanks, Pat
pw46 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:37 PM.