I'm not a very experienced traveller, but off to India around August time during my uni break. I've heard you can't take rupees into the country? In which case how can I sort out my travel money? Is a card the only option?
I typed in rupee card and this came up > http://www.icicibank.co.uk/personal/travel_card.html
Has anyone had experience buying from here? Not sure if I'd rather go with an English bank I trust, but they don't appear to do them.
Any advice welcome, thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 2 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 3 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 4 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 5 My visit to Thailand
- 6 What is the Facilities & Services of Maharajas Express Train?
- 7 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 8 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 9 Gutted!
- 10 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 11 5 weeks in Japan
- 12 My visit to Lao
- 13 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 14 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 15 Family Trip to Japan
- 16 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 17 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 18 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 19 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 20 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 21 New Member
- 22 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 23 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 24 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 25 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure