I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 2 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 3 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 4 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 5 Japan GTG, early April
- 6 Trip Report : China
- 7 Japan itinerary advice
- 8 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 9 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 10 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 11 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 14 Other than Kyoto?
- 15 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 16 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 17 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 18 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 19 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 20 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 21 Beijing tours
- 22 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 23 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 24 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 25 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!