I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 KOYA-SAN: Hotel, please
- 2 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 3 2 weeks in Asia with a 2 year old (in February)
- 4 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 5 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 6 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation
- 7 vietnam transportation
- 8 Private guide and driver for India
- 9 Private transfer from Singapore Airport
- 10 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 11 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 12 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 13 Cambodia & Vietnam- 2 Weeks with Kids
- 14 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 15 Siem Reap: To hire a tour guide or is a driver enough?
- 16 Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka
- 17 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 18 India allowed e-Tourist Visa to 36 more countries
- 19 Thailand- Phuket beaches
- 20 OSAKA vs. KYOTO AS BASE
- 21 Random Travel Advice for Korea - Part II: Seoul
- 22 Beijing
- 23 Random Travel Advice for Korea - Part I: Busan
- 24 Exploring Nara, Koyasan & Hiroshima
- 25 Ryokan in Kyoto, Temple in Kayasan, Hotel in Osaka