I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Burma February 2013
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 2 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 3 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 4 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 5 Photos from India!
- 6 Great Wall hike
- 7 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 8 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 9 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 10 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 11 Six days in Hong Kong
- 12 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 13 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 14 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 15 Storing photos while traveling
- 16 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 17 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 18 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 19 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 20 BANGKOK HOTELS
- 21 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 22 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 23 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 24 where is this place in macao?
- 25 3 Week Thailand Itinerary Help!