I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Burma February 2013
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 2 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 3 Kashmir today
- 4 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 5 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 6 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 7 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 8 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 9 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 10 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 11 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 12 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 13 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 14 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 15 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 16 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 17 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 18 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 19 Triple Room in Singapore
- 20 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 21 What I like about Mumbai
- 22 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 23 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak
- 24 11D Family 4 Adults 3 kids age 1, 4, 6 Taiwan trip need advice on itinerary
- 25 Sri Lanka - Itinerary Ideas?