I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Another Vietnam Visa Question
- 2 hanoi eats
- 3 Hotels in Kumamoto and Fukuoka
- 4 Burma and Vietnam, when to go.
- 5 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 6 AMA vs VIKING
- 7 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 8 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 9 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 10 Hotel in Tokyo
- 11 Indochina Junk - Which vessel?
- 12 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 13 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 14 Incheon Transit Tours
- 15 Universal Studios Japan crowd levels in late November 2015?
- 16 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 17 Tokyo with kids : what an amazing trip!
- 18 Vietnam - September 2015
- 19 Seeking Vietnam Itinerary Advice
- 20 2-3 nights in Ubud, where to stay?
- 21 Burma or Laos.
- 22 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 23 Mid Autumn Festival China - Stay or go?
- 24 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 25 Worldspree Thailand or India