I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 2 Japan Itinerary Review
- 3 From Bali--Sumatra or Borneo?
- 4 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 5 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 6 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 7 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 8 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 9 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 10 Road Scholar tour in China
- 11 China in june-July
- 12 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 13 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 14 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 15 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 16 Bali - What to do?
- 17 China in July
- 18 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 19 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 20 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 21 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 22 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 23 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 24 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 25 Being customs