I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo Hotels Etc.
- 2 what news should you pay attention in a trip?
- 3 JAPANiCAN.com
- 4 Tour group for Cambodia and Vietnam or Myanmar?
- 5 Travel in Kyushu.
- 6 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 7 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 8 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 9 Tour Guide for Jewish Tour of Cochin
- 10 3 weeks itinerary China
- 11 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 12 Bicycle riding required?
- 13 Castle & King tour questions
- 14 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 15 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 16 Blog about our 6 week backpacking trip through Southeast Asia
- 17 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 18 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 19 trekking in july in Myanmar
- 20 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015
- 21 Private guides in Japan
- 22 New Delhi - What to see?
- 23 Warning! Don't use Sinorama Holidays to book a trip to China
- 24 Japan itinerary thoughts please!
- 25 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi