I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://nuvieskincareserum.com/xtrcut/
- 2 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 3 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 4 Some notes about South Korea
- 5 Travelling to SEA
- 6 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 7 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 8 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 9 http://helix6garciniareview.com/raw-power-xl/
- 10 Made the Jump!
- 11 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 12 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 13 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 14 passport visa ques.
- 15 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 16 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 17 Looking for Serviced apt.
- 18 In Seoul for one day
- 19 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 20 A great trip in India
- 21 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 22 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 23 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 24 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 25 It can be cheap but awesome!