I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Burma February 2013
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 2 Travel during China national week?
- 3 Destination Bangkok, again
- 4 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 5 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 6 Phuket
- 7 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 8 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 9 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 10 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 11 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 12 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 13 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 14 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 15 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 16 India, What Can I Say!
- 17 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 18 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 19 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 20 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 21 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 22 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 23 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 24 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 25 Angkor - when to go?