I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Burma February 2013
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help ! How bad is the rain in Bangkok early/mid September? Thanks
- 2 DENTAL IMPLANT
- 3 April in Bangkok, again!
- 4 3 1/2 week trip to Japan advise please!
- 5 driver&business assitant&guide in Shanghai
- 6 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 7 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 8 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 9 Japan night bus
- 10 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 11 Living in Singapore Questions
- 12 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 13 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 14 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 15 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 16 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 17 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 18 Problems at 12,000'
- 19 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 20 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 21 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 22 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 23 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 24 Which Putu in Bali????
- 25 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...