I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Burma February 2013
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kyushu rail pass
- 2 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 3 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 4 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 5 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 6 Feedback on Thailand/SE Asia initial itinerary w/ kids
- 7 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 8 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 9 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 10 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 11 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 12 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 13 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 14 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 15 Currency in South Korea
- 16 Tipping in Japan
- 17 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 18 Places to visit in India in October
- 19 Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start
- 20 Cambodge / Laos / Vietnam arts
- 21 Driver in South India
- 22 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 23 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 24 6 full days in Yagoon
- 25 5 day Bangkok Itinerary?