I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 2 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 3 A great trip in India
- 4 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 5 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 6 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 7 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 8 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 9 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 10 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 11 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 12 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 13 Totally unprepared
- 14 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 15 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 16 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
- 17 Rental Car Bali
- 18 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 19 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 20 Good Eats in Chiang Mai / Chiang Rai
- 21 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 22 Krabi, Koh Lanta or other
- 23 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 24 Beggars in Siem Reap and Angkor
- 25 Some notes about South Korea