I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 2 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 3 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 4 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 5 sri lanka- tips required
- 6 base bangkok or manilla
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 9 Idiotic time zone question
- 10 Christmas in the Alps
- 11 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 12 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 13 Mount Koya
- 14 Sometahing is wrong
- 15 Twin rooms in Japan
- 16 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 17 Change my Itinerary?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week