I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Burma February 2013
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo Map Recommendation
- 2 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 3 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 4 Samui Travelers, Tell Me it is Safer Than What I'm Reading : (
- 5 Full moon night in Mansarovar Lake on 02 June 2015 (Purnima)
- 6 CAMBODIA to VIETNAM
- 7 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 8 Driver/Guide recommendation for day trips from Ubud?
- 9 Where are your fav places to eat with kids in HK
- 10 Free Weekend in Hong Kong - your favorite restaurants?
- 11 Feedback on Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia Itinerary, Please!
- 12 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 13 India...Men's shorts OK?
- 14 Car rental recommendation - Kanazawa
- 15 10 days in South Korea?
- 16 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 17 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 18 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 19 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 20 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 21 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 22 India at the end of May
- 23 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 24 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 25 Hiroshima Day Tour