I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
- 2 Is SE Asia overrated as a cheap destination?
- 3 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 4 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 5 http://splendyrsite.net/evelina-collagen-serum/
- 6 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 7 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 8 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 9 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 10 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 11 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 12 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 13 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 14 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 15 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 16 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 17 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 18 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 19 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 20 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 21 Sakura (cherry blossom) forecasts 2016
- 22 A great trip in India
- 23 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 24 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 25 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai