I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 2 JR Summer Seasonal Trains
- 3 Kathmandu and EBC trek in earthquake aftermath
- 4 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 5 What are the places to visit in Sikkim
- 6 China itinerary
- 7 Castle & King tour operator review
- 8 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 9 June 4-10 accommodations near Minzu University (Beijing)?
- 10 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 11 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 12 Advice Sought On East Malaysia Itinerary
- 13 First trip to Japan
- 14 Immigration/customs Turkey to Pakistan
- 15 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 16 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 17 Best eats near Minzu University in Beijing? (June-August 2015 trip)
- 18 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 19 Amazing service - Himalayan Leaders
- 20 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 21 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
- 22 Northern India in June
- 23 Hakone Free Pass
- 24 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 25 OAT trip to India