I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 2 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 3 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 4 Hong Kong, Macau and ?
- 5 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 6 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 7 DMZ - Sneak Peak of North Korea Travel Report
- 8 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 9 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 10 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 11 Crazy Trip To Ooty With My Buddies
- 12 Plans for Ladakh Tour
- 13 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 14 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 15 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 16 18.5 Hours in Singapore
- 17 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 18 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 19 Honeymoon in Bali
- 20 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 21 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 22 India E Tourist Visa
- 23 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 24 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 25 New Travelor