I'm planning on a two week trip to Burma this coming February and was hoping for some tips from recent travelers. I visited Burma in 2000 when I was only 12 and haven't done much traveling since.
My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Bangkok on February 4th and plan on staying somewhere close to the Myanmar Embassy. From online reading I gathered that the visa process takes two days. We will book a flight into Yangon from Bangkok while in the city. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the cheapest flights?
From Yangon I would like to visit Bagan. I'm also interested in going to Kawal and hiking down to Inle Lake from there. I am also intrigued by Mrauk U.
We are on a very tight budget and cannot afford to stay in even mid range accommodations. Under $20 would be the best. Does anyone have a suggestion of the cheapest place to stay in Yangon?
Also what is the cheapest way to travel from Yangon to Bagan... I'm guessing it is a bus ride.
It seems that most people who are planning trips here have a very detailed itinerary. I'm hoping just to wing it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy new year!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 2 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 3 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 4 Seoul Searching Questions
- 5 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 6 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 7 Southern India here we come
- 8 2 months in Indonesia
- 9 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 10 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 11 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 12 I miss Mongolia
- 13 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 14 Visa on Arrival
- 15 Cooking Classes & Private Tours- Bangkok
- 16 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 17 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 18 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 19 Japanese art
- 20 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 21 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 22 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 23 First time to SEA
- 24 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 25 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do