I will land in BKK (Suvarnabhumi airport) on Sat July 28th at 11 pm.Flight back from BKK is at 7:35 pm on Aug 2nd.
I want to go to Koh Tao and do my advanced scuba cert on Monday and Tuesday. I have a couple of q's re: getting to Koh Tao
1. Bus route. I believe I can get the Lomprayah buffet ticket, and take the 6 am bus from Khoa San, to Chumphon, take ferry (included) to Koh Tao and then tues night or Wed take ferry to Koh Samui (included). Couple q's.
A. It says on the site, that Thailand long holidays, ticket is not valid. How do I find list of long holidays.
B. Is there a convenient way to buy it from US and also ensure I have a seat on the bus
C. Is the pickup location in Khao San well marked.
2. Flying route. Thai Airways discovery pass or Solar to Chumpon.
It doesnt look like that gets to me Koh Tao much earlier, likely early afternoon vs. early evening.
Q's. How do I know if I buy the discovery pass, I can get on a flight (ie do I book the seat on flight needed when I buy the discovery pass?) The website has lots of qualifiers.
In terms of Koh Samui, is it worth for a day and a half or so, or just stick to Koh Tao with maybe a day trip to Kho Pha Nan. (I will be done with scuba tuesday evening or night), so Wed and part of Thu are free till I leave from BKK.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel India solo
- 2 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 3 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 4 Osaka, aquarium?
- 5 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 6 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 7 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 8 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 9 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 10 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 11 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 12 North India Itinerary advice
- 13 Indonesia travel agent
- 14 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 15 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 16 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 17 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 18 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 19 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 20 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 21 A beach of choice on Samui
- 22 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 23 Bangkok Taxis
- 24 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 25 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
Best way from BKK to Koh Tao and is Koh Samui worth it for a couple of days