My friend and I are backpacking Southeast Asia in a couple of weeks and our original plan was to fly into Phuket and spend a couple of weeks there, traveling around to the various islands in the area, before moving our way up to Bangkok. We read previously that since it's the end of the wet season we would have mixed good and bad days and thought we would take our chances since most of the other countries we were planning on visiting (Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam) had similar weather patterns and we thought our best (and cheapest) bet would be starting in Southern Thailand. However, after monitoring the weather recently and doing more research, we're wondering if we've made a mistake. Would anyone have any ideas as to how bad the weather might be during this time? Is it worth it to stay and hope for good days to try and get water activities in or should we cut our losses and fly to Bali during this time instead?
On another note, we mentioned one of the reasons we chose Phuket during the end of rainy season was because prices would be cheaper. Are there cheap ways to explore Bali and neighboring islands during this time or do you think we'd end up blowing most of our money making this alteration to our travel plans?
Any advice would be great! Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 2 Moderate hotel in Phuket
- 3 Private tours in Northern India
- 4 a month in india
- 5 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 6 Free tour in Hanoi with nice local students
- 7 Silk weaving community in Bangkok
- 8 Antiquariat Jaipur | Antique Jewelry Fine Art Company In India
- 9 changing left over currency
- 10 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 11 Alternative to Koyasan
- 12 Itinerary feedback please
- 13 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 14 Thing to do in yogyakarta indonesia
- 15 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 16 Japan, Thailand Itinerary
- 17 Would travelers still be wise to use travel agents for Myanmar?
- 18 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 19 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 20 Getting From Bangkok to Koh Phangan
- 21 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 22 Tokyo hotel help
- 23 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 24 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing
- 25 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary