My friend and I are backpacking Southeast Asia in a couple of weeks and our original plan was to fly into Phuket and spend a couple of weeks there, traveling around to the various islands in the area, before moving our way up to Bangkok. We read previously that since it's the end of the wet season we would have mixed good and bad days and thought we would take our chances since most of the other countries we were planning on visiting (Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam) had similar weather patterns and we thought our best (and cheapest) bet would be starting in Southern Thailand. However, after monitoring the weather recently and doing more research, we're wondering if we've made a mistake. Would anyone have any ideas as to how bad the weather might be during this time? Is it worth it to stay and hope for good days to try and get water activities in or should we cut our losses and fly to Bali during this time instead?
On another note, we mentioned one of the reasons we chose Phuket during the end of rainy season was because prices would be cheaper. Are there cheap ways to explore Bali and neighboring islands during this time or do you think we'd end up blowing most of our money making this alteration to our travel plans?
Any advice would be great! Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 2 Idiotic time zone question
- 3 Christmas in the Alps
- 4 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 5 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 6 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 7 Mount Koya
- 8 Sometahing is wrong
- 9 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 10 Twin rooms in Japan
- 11 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 12 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 sri lanka- tips required
- 15 base bangkok or manilla
- 16 Change my Itinerary?
- 17 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week