My friend and I are backpacking Southeast Asia in a couple of weeks and our original plan was to fly into Phuket and spend a couple of weeks there, traveling around to the various islands in the area, before moving our way up to Bangkok. We read previously that since it's the end of the wet season we would have mixed good and bad days and thought we would take our chances since most of the other countries we were planning on visiting (Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam) had similar weather patterns and we thought our best (and cheapest) bet would be starting in Southern Thailand. However, after monitoring the weather recently and doing more research, we're wondering if we've made a mistake. Would anyone have any ideas as to how bad the weather might be during this time? Is it worth it to stay and hope for good days to try and get water activities in or should we cut our losses and fly to Bali during this time instead?
On another note, we mentioned one of the reasons we chose Phuket during the end of rainy season was because prices would be cheaper. Are there cheap ways to explore Bali and neighboring islands during this time or do you think we'd end up blowing most of our money making this alteration to our travel plans?
Any advice would be great! Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/nitro-boost-max/
- 2 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 3 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 4 Itinerary Help Japan
- 5 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 6 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 7 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 8 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 9 November, March, June... Japan?
- 10 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 11 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 12 Silk Road Tour - China
- 13 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 14 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 15 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 16 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 17 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 18 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 19 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 20 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 21 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 22 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 23 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 24 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 25 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram