On July 5th, 2013 I booked 2 one way tickets from Phnom Penh to Bangkok for 08:45 am for January 29th, 2014. Charged $265 to my credit card. On December 2 I get an e-mail stating since OCTOBER 1st to March 29th this flight FD2773 has been cancelled-no reason why. I'm told we have been moved to flight FD2777 which departs at 1710 hours or 9 hours later! I never approved this move. We need to be in Bangkok before 3 pm and AA has only this 1 evening flight. I'm told that in the event of such a flight cancellation I have 3 options of recourse and I choose option c) Obtain a FULL REFUND within 45 working days. I choose that and process my request via AA online feedback form as directed. I get a case # on December 4 and then a denial of my request on December 24. Reason for denial-my request doesn't meet the criteria but the criteria isn't explained. I have it in writing that I could get a FULL REFUND. Now I submit a complaint via online and again I wait. I'm at the end of my rope trying to resolve this. We are leaving the US for Siem Reap on January 4th!!!! I have 4 other flights booked with AA and now I'm a nervous wreck thinking one or all of them will suffer the same fate at the last minute. I go to AA Facebook page and see lots of complaints about customer service. I post on FB. Is there a phone # I can call to speak with Air Asia here in the US? With the time difference it's hard to figure our how to call them overseas. Any advice/suggestions from anyone??
Huge problem with Air Asia
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Etihad is an anagram of 'I hated...'
- 2 Changing flights
- 3 Mobile Board Passes--
- 4 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 5 Business Class Summer Sales
- 6 Choices for Air - AF, KLM via Europe OR SAA via JNB to HARARE, Zim
- 7 AA or BA to OSL
- 8 Best Airline for Trip to Istanbul
- 9 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 10 Visas and flight diversions
- 11 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 12 Half Empty Airliner
- 13 Non Refundable Tickets
- 14 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 15 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 16 AA and USair
- 17 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 18 Ailine security- a strange question
- 19 Paris-London-Dublin
- 20 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 21 Should I purchase now?
- 22 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 23 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 24 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 25 Duty Free Liquor