Notices

Air Asia

Old Jan 15th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Asia

Just wanted you to know that we booked three round trip flights on Air Asia BKK-Phuket, BKK - Chiang Mai, BKK- Hanoi, for two and the total price for all three round trips including taxes came to less than the fare to Hanoi & back on other airlines. So far we have not flown Air Asia, but they have an easy to use website, we read that they have a number of new aircraft and are expanding as an airline. I wonder if anyone has experience flying Air Asia? We leave for BKK (from Chicago) on Wed and are flying Business with JAL.
For the short haul flights though the pricing was really really good. Just hope Air Asia turns out to be a pleasant and safe airline.
Sue
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 04:14 PM

i have had good experiences travelling with air asia. out of the 4 times i flew with them, there was one delay, not a very long one either. they were perhaps more on time when they first started. there hsve been more reports of delays lately.

but as you noted, they have just purchased a lot of new airbuses for their increasing flights, so things may improve again.

there have been others on this forum that had a really bad experience with airasia. i will let laurie tell you about it
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 01:15 AM

Please check with them on the departure date/time to avoid any surprises.

Do note there is no reserved seating.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 05:58 AM

Without reliving the absolutely horrid time I had with Air Asia, suffice it to say that you should check with them frequently to make sure they don't change the time of your flights. They changed one of our flights by 11 hours without notification and told me a week prior to the flight there was no need for confirmation of the flight. Had they checked when I asked them to, a terrible situation could have been avoided. They also did not want to refund my money until I made a scene. This was as inter-Malaysia flight, perhaps Thai Air Asia is better, I hope so for your sake.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 10:21 AM

You can read lots of reviews here:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/air_asia.htm