I had such great advice and help last year on my first europe trip so I thought I would try another post.
I will start with some basic prelimiary questions and some background info and see what advice I get!
My boyfriend is a medical student and he is going to be volunteering at a hospital in Kenya for the month of June. I am planning to meet up with him in the middle of june in Mombasa. After this, we want to do some travelling around and I definitely want to go on a safari, and he really wants to go to kilimanjaro. We are both students so obviously we cant go on a luxury safari or anyhing, but we will have a reasonable budget.
Here are some questions:
1) Where is the best place to go on a safari?
2) How many days should we spend on a safari?
3) should this be done though a tour company who organizes travel, hotels etc. and if so what is a good one to use (given we are first timers)?
4) What is a reasonable cost for some sort of tour or what could I budget for a safari? I understand it will vary depending on the duration, but ideally if someone could tell me the number of days that we should spend, and a reasonable cost for that many days.
5) It appears that most safaris leave from Nairobi (Masai Mara area) and we will be in Mombasa - anywhere that I can book a cheap flight to Nairobi?
6) As far as visiting Kilimanjaro is concerned, again should we go on a tour or get there ourselves, or could this be combined with some sort of safari?
Any help would be soo much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 What you do not know about East Africa.
- 2 Israel Transportation
- 3 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 4 Morocco Trip Report
- 5 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 6 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 7 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 8 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 9 Morocco help
- 10 First trip to Africa
- 11 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 12 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 13 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 14 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 15 IRAN
- 16 Money in Uganda
- 17 Uganda Visa
- 18 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 19 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 20 Private Guide for Cairo
- 21 Egypt - Need Help!
- 22 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 23 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 24 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 25 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)