I had such great advice and help last year on my first europe trip so I thought I would try another post.
I will start with some basic prelimiary questions and some background info and see what advice I get!
My boyfriend is a medical student and he is going to be volunteering at a hospital in Kenya for the month of June. I am planning to meet up with him in the middle of june in Mombasa. After this, we want to do some travelling around and I definitely want to go on a safari, and he really wants to go to kilimanjaro. We are both students so obviously we cant go on a luxury safari or anyhing, but we will have a reasonable budget.
Here are some questions:
1) Where is the best place to go on a safari?
2) How many days should we spend on a safari?
3) should this be done though a tour company who organizes travel, hotels etc. and if so what is a good one to use (given we are first timers)?
4) What is a reasonable cost for some sort of tour or what could I budget for a safari? I understand it will vary depending on the duration, but ideally if someone could tell me the number of days that we should spend, and a reasonable cost for that many days.
5) It appears that most safaris leave from Nairobi (Masai Mara area) and we will be in Mombasa - anywhere that I can book a cheap flight to Nairobi?
6) As far as visiting Kilimanjaro is concerned, again should we go on a tour or get there ourselves, or could this be combined with some sort of safari?
Any help would be soo much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 2 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 3 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 4 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 5 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 6 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 7 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 8 Yom Hazikaron
- 9 Yom Haatzmaut
- 10 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 11 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 12 recomendation on African Safari company
- 13 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 14 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 15 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 16 One extra day in Jordan
- 17 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 18 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 19 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 20 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 21 Israel in Late October or November?
- 22 One month in Africa
- 23 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 24 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 25 Travel to Saudi Arabia