I had such great advice and help last year on my first europe trip so I thought I would try another post.
I will start with some basic prelimiary questions and some background info and see what advice I get!
My boyfriend is a medical student and he is going to be volunteering at a hospital in Kenya for the month of June. I am planning to meet up with him in the middle of june in Mombasa. After this, we want to do some travelling around and I definitely want to go on a safari, and he really wants to go to kilimanjaro. We are both students so obviously we cant go on a luxury safari or anyhing, but we will have a reasonable budget.
Here are some questions:
1) Where is the best place to go on a safari?
2) How many days should we spend on a safari?
3) should this be done though a tour company who organizes travel, hotels etc. and if so what is a good one to use (given we are first timers)?
4) What is a reasonable cost for some sort of tour or what could I budget for a safari? I understand it will vary depending on the duration, but ideally if someone could tell me the number of days that we should spend, and a reasonable cost for that many days.
5) It appears that most safaris leave from Nairobi (Masai Mara area) and we will be in Mombasa - anywhere that I can book a cheap flight to Nairobi?
6) As far as visiting Kilimanjaro is concerned, again should we go on a tour or get there ourselves, or could this be combined with some sort of safari?
Any help would be soo much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.healthproducthub.com/slim-fit-180-reviews/
- 2 Where to stay in the Masai Mara?
- 3 Bus / minibus J'burg - Lesotho
- 4 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 5 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 6 6 nights in Masai Mara or Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru?
- 7 Morocco Highlights
- 8 Uganda Trip Report
- 9 Money in Uganda
- 10 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 11 VISA for Mozambique
- 12 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 13 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 14 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 15 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 16 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 17 Best African Safari
- 18 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 19 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 20 beach visit after safari
- 21 Petra Wadi Rum
- 22 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 23 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 24 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 25 What is worth seeing in November?