With a great deal of help from this board, I have been finalizing plans for a trip to Uganda and Kenya next August. One of the the excursions my wife and I were most looking forward to was the chimpanzee habituation experience in Kibale Forest. Historically it has been offered as a full day excursion for $220, in contrast to the regular primate walks for $50.
I have heard from Lynn C that the habituation was being offered in August as recently as 2002, but my tour operator was told by the Uganda Wildlife Authority that it is now restricted to March, April, May, and November. The reason given was that the park rangers were too busy with the regular walks during highs season months. My operator advised me to appeal directly to the Director of Tourism Development.
I would really appreciate from all of the savvy travelers on this board on what type of arguments I could make in this matter. I was thinking of proposing some high season rate to offset the opportunity costs of the ranger's time etc or some flat rate independent of the group size. Any other ideas? Thanks.
Need ideas for special appear to wildlife authorities
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Egypt, Israel and Jordan safety concerns.
- 2 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 3 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 4 Questions about Chobe
- 5 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 6 FS: 2013 Toyota Sequoia PLATINUM / Evoque 2012
- 7 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 8 What camera to use on safari
- 9 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 10 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 11 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 12 India
- 13 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 14 Ideas about the trip.
- 15 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 16 3 days in Teheran
- 17 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 18 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 19 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 20 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 21 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 22 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 23 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 24 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 25 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry