With a great deal of help from this board, I have been finalizing plans for a trip to Uganda and Kenya next August. One of the the excursions my wife and I were most looking forward to was the chimpanzee habituation experience in Kibale Forest. Historically it has been offered as a full day excursion for $220, in contrast to the regular primate walks for $50.
I have heard from Lynn C that the habituation was being offered in August as recently as 2002, but my tour operator was told by the Uganda Wildlife Authority that it is now restricted to March, April, May, and November. The reason given was that the park rangers were too busy with the regular walks during highs season months. My operator advised me to appeal directly to the Director of Tourism Development.
I would really appreciate from all of the savvy travelers on this board on what type of arguments I could make in this matter. I was thinking of proposing some high season rate to offset the opportunity costs of the ranger's time etc or some flat rate independent of the group size. Any other ideas? Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 라이브배팅사이트【【 SCB33 。CＯM『가입코드: 8282』】】카지노사이트
- 2 First trip to Africa
- 3 Israel Transportation
- 4 Morocco help
- 5 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 6 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 7 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 8 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 9 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 10 IRAN
- 11 Money in Uganda
- 12 Uganda Visa
- 13 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 14 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 15 Private Guide for Cairo
- 16 Egypt - Need Help!
- 17 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 18 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 19 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 20 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 21 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 22 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 23 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 24 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 25 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?