With a great deal of help from this board, I have been finalizing plans for a trip to Uganda and Kenya next August. One of the the excursions my wife and I were most looking forward to was the chimpanzee habituation experience in Kibale Forest. Historically it has been offered as a full day excursion for $220, in contrast to the regular primate walks for $50.
I have heard from Lynn C that the habituation was being offered in August as recently as 2002, but my tour operator was told by the Uganda Wildlife Authority that it is now restricted to March, April, May, and November. The reason given was that the park rangers were too busy with the regular walks during highs season months. My operator advised me to appeal directly to the Director of Tourism Development.
I would really appreciate from all of the savvy travelers on this board on what type of arguments I could make in this matter. I was thinking of proposing some high season rate to offset the opportunity costs of the ranger's time etc or some flat rate independent of the group size. Any other ideas? Thanks.
Need ideas for special appear to wildlife authorities
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Is this too ambitious for a trip to Africa?
- 2 short report: the wonderful gambia
- 3 Recent experience with Around Morocco or Authentic Morocco Tours
- 4 Tour Operator/Vendor for safari planning suggestions?
- 5 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 6 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 7 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 8 Best Airline/Route from US to Rwanda & Kenya
- 9 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 10 Safari on a budget!
- 11 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 12 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 13 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 14 Things to see in Dubai
- 15 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 16 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 17 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 18 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 19 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 20 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 21 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 22 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 23 Tips for Israel
- 24 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 25 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza