I've posted before about an upcoming trip to Jordan as a solo traveler, in November. I have tickets! Now the hard part: finalizing tour options. I'm torn between two ways to go:
1. As has been suggested before, use Madaba, a small town, as a base, and arrange day trips from there. I like the idea of staying in a smaller town, and living expenses are cheaper in Madaba than a bigger city like Amman. My only qualm is that the 'tours' arranged by the hotels seem to involve transportation only. I really want to learn more about the sites I"ll be visiting, which I'd get from a tour guide.
2. Join a week-long group tour. I found a reputable company and almost signed up. But the tour involves sleeping most nights in Amman (with some time in Petra), and I'm not wild about either of the hotels that they use. This may seem like a small point, but it seems like a waste of money pay for hotels I wouldn't choose on my own, and I'm not sure I'll be as comfortable being based in Amman.
I know 'colduphere' will weigh in. Hope I'm not being a pest! I really appreciate all the help offered on this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 2 trial present and reports say it co
- 3 Explore the Apes (Uganda & Rwanda)
- 4 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 5 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 6 http://buysupplementsreview.com/blackcore-edge-max-pills/
- 7 Climb for a Cause
- 8 contract, and in view that t
- 9 http://www.supplementrocket.com/raw-power-xl/
- 10 Some Useful Tips For Avoiding Shoulder
- 11 Starting An Internet Marketing Business
- 12 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 13 Olive Safaris Entebbe Feedback
- 14 [UGANDA] Selected Budget and MidRange Tour Operators.
- 15 http://advancedtrimsite.com/alpha-performance-enhancer/
- 16 http://www.healthyapplechat.com/hydro-muscle-max-reviews/
- 17 http://buysupplementsreview.com/t90-xplode-reviews-canada/
- 18 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 19 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 20 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 21 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 22 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 23 DOHA LAYOVER
- 24 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 25 Morocco Questions