I've posted before about an upcoming trip to Jordan as a solo traveler, in November. I have tickets! Now the hard part: finalizing tour options. I'm torn between two ways to go:
1. As has been suggested before, use Madaba, a small town, as a base, and arrange day trips from there. I like the idea of staying in a smaller town, and living expenses are cheaper in Madaba than a bigger city like Amman. My only qualm is that the 'tours' arranged by the hotels seem to involve transportation only. I really want to learn more about the sites I"ll be visiting, which I'd get from a tour guide.
2. Join a week-long group tour. I found a reputable company and almost signed up. But the tour involves sleeping most nights in Amman (with some time in Petra), and I'm not wild about either of the hotels that they use. This may seem like a small point, but it seems like a waste of money pay for hotels I wouldn't choose on my own, and I'm not sure I'll be as comfortable being based in Amman.
I know 'colduphere' will weigh in. Hope I'm not being a pest! I really appreciate all the help offered on this forum.
Jordan tours, another question
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 2 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 3 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 4 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 5 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 6 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 7 Tour to Morocco
- 8 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 9 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 10 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 11 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 12 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 13 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 14 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 15 Electronics to travel with
- 16 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 17 Uganda again
- 18 November at victoria falls
- 19 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 20 Best tour guides in Jerusalem
- 21 Climb Kilimanjaro advice
- 22 NEVER travel with Grande Navi Veloci
- 23 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 24 Royal Jordanian or El Al: For Tel Aviv with Petra Side-trip
- 25 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra