I've posted before about an upcoming trip to Jordan as a solo traveler, in November. I have tickets! Now the hard part: finalizing tour options. I'm torn between two ways to go:
1. As has been suggested before, use Madaba, a small town, as a base, and arrange day trips from there. I like the idea of staying in a smaller town, and living expenses are cheaper in Madaba than a bigger city like Amman. My only qualm is that the 'tours' arranged by the hotels seem to involve transportation only. I really want to learn more about the sites I"ll be visiting, which I'd get from a tour guide.
2. Join a week-long group tour. I found a reputable company and almost signed up. But the tour involves sleeping most nights in Amman (with some time in Petra), and I'm not wild about either of the hotels that they use. This may seem like a small point, but it seems like a waste of money pay for hotels I wouldn't choose on my own, and I'm not sure I'll be as comfortable being based in Amman.
I know 'colduphere' will weigh in. Hope I'm not being a pest! I really appreciate all the help offered on this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 2 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 3 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 4 Tiberias with kids
- 5 Lion World
- 6 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 7 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 8 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 9 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 10 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 11 Mpumalanga visit
- 12 safe areas to go on safari
- 13 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 14 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 15 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 16 Victoria Falls
- 17 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA
- 18 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 19 2015: South Africa for a fortnight
- 20 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 21 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 22 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 23 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 24 Migration in Tanzania/Kenya - September
- 25 Trip to Kenya - Nov 26-Dec 9