I've posted before about an upcoming trip to Jordan as a solo traveler, in November. I have tickets! Now the hard part: finalizing tour options. I'm torn between two ways to go:
1. As has been suggested before, use Madaba, a small town, as a base, and arrange day trips from there. I like the idea of staying in a smaller town, and living expenses are cheaper in Madaba than a bigger city like Amman. My only qualm is that the 'tours' arranged by the hotels seem to involve transportation only. I really want to learn more about the sites I"ll be visiting, which I'd get from a tour guide.
2. Join a week-long group tour. I found a reputable company and almost signed up. But the tour involves sleeping most nights in Amman (with some time in Petra), and I'm not wild about either of the hotels that they use. This may seem like a small point, but it seems like a waste of money pay for hotels I wouldn't choose on my own, and I'm not sure I'll be as comfortable being based in Amman.
I know 'colduphere' will weigh in. Hope I'm not being a pest! I really appreciate all the help offered on this forum.
Jordan tours, another question
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 2 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 3 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 4 5 months in Africa - advice please?
- 5 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 6 2/3 Months in South/East Africa - Itinerary help please?
- 7 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 8 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 9 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 10 what kind of phone
- 11 Small group tours in israel
- 12 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 13 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 14 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 15 Iran Info, Please
- 16 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 17 Safari on a budget!
- 18 fez accommodation
- 19 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 20 Egypt safe travel
- 21 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 22 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 23 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 24 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 25 Johannesburg...?