I am planning a safari trip in August for my family. I have already travelled to Kenya and Tanzania but for them it will be the first time. I am torn between Botswana (which I hear is more secluded) or combining Kenya and Tanzania and hopefully catching some of the Migration (I do not mind going back). In addition to seeing wide range of wildlife I want them to experience the beautiful African scenery and the savannah that I remember from my trip.
Would concentration of animals be quite similar in those countries? I remember that in Kenya/Tanzania there were loads of animals and we seemed to spot a different one every 5-10 minutes. In Okavango delta the safari is done on boat wouldn't this limit your the amount of animals you see? Also how do these two options compare in terms of scenery? Any advice and thoughts would be most welcome. Thank you
Botswana vs Kenya and Tanzania for first safari experience
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco Vacation Tour
- 2 Morocco Vacation Tour
- 3 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 4 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 5 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 6 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 7 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 8 Charity begins at Home!
- 9 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 10 Sun Safaris
- 11 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 12 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 13 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 14 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 15 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 17 Tour to Morocco
- 18 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 19 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 20 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 21 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 22 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 23 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 24 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 25 Uganda again