I am planning a safari trip in August for my family. I have already travelled to Kenya and Tanzania but for them it will be the first time. I am torn between Botswana (which I hear is more secluded) or combining Kenya and Tanzania and hopefully catching some of the Migration (I do not mind going back). In addition to seeing wide range of wildlife I want them to experience the beautiful African scenery and the savannah that I remember from my trip.
Would concentration of animals be quite similar in those countries? I remember that in Kenya/Tanzania there were loads of animals and we seemed to spot a different one every 5-10 minutes. In Okavango delta the safari is done on boat wouldn't this limit your the amount of animals you see? Also how do these two options compare in terms of scenery? Any advice and thoughts would be most welcome. Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Bed and breakfast close to joberg airport
- 2 South Africa Visa question please help!
- 3 Timing of Great Migration in Northern Serengeti
- 4 Soweto tour guide recommendations?
- 5 Need advise
- 6 Fes opinion and rates + video
- 7 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 8 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 9 6 Nights in Morocco want the desert.
- 10 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 11 Flooding at Ngamba Island
- 12 Insect Repellent
- 13 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 14 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 15 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 16 Help Us With Our Trip to Morocco
- 17 house exchange
- 18 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 19 casablanca airport taxis
- 20 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 21 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 22 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 23 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 24 Tiberias with kids
- 25 Lion World
Botswana vs Kenya and Tanzania for first safari experience