I am planning a safari trip in August for my family. I have already travelled to Kenya and Tanzania but for them it will be the first time. I am torn between Botswana (which I hear is more secluded) or combining Kenya and Tanzania and hopefully catching some of the Migration (I do not mind going back). In addition to seeing wide range of wildlife I want them to experience the beautiful African scenery and the savannah that I remember from my trip.
Would concentration of animals be quite similar in those countries? I remember that in Kenya/Tanzania there were loads of animals and we seemed to spot a different one every 5-10 minutes. In Okavango delta the safari is done on boat wouldn't this limit your the amount of animals you see? Also how do these two options compare in terms of scenery? Any advice and thoughts would be most welcome. Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 African Safari
- 2 South Africa safari, Cape town self drive trip plan- many questions
- 3 How to spend four nights in Morocco
- 4 Touring Morocco alone for a few days? (fez & marrekech)
- 5 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 6 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 7 FIRST South Africa's trip might be brought to us by You
- 8 Please give your preferences on these two private Lodges
- 9 Insurance Coverage while in Egypt
- 10 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 11 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 12 Is the migration early this year
- 13 EXCURSION - HAIFA to YAD VASHEM
- 14 Cape Town Itinerary
- 15 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 16 Hotel suggestions in Cape Town
- 17 Tangier (Tanger) Ville railway station
- 18 Madagascar - your tips please
- 19 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 20 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 21 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 22 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 23 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 24 Road To Morocco Tours
- 25 Magnificant Morocco
Botswana vs Kenya and Tanzania for first safari experience