I am planning a safari trip in August for my family. I have already travelled to Kenya and Tanzania but for them it will be the first time. I am torn between Botswana (which I hear is more secluded) or combining Kenya and Tanzania and hopefully catching some of the Migration (I do not mind going back). In addition to seeing wide range of wildlife I want them to experience the beautiful African scenery and the savannah that I remember from my trip.
Would concentration of animals be quite similar in those countries? I remember that in Kenya/Tanzania there were loads of animals and we seemed to spot a different one every 5-10 minutes. In Okavango delta the safari is done on boat wouldn't this limit your the amount of animals you see? Also how do these two options compare in terms of scenery? Any advice and thoughts would be most welcome. Thank you
Botswana vs Kenya and Tanzania for first safari experience
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 2 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 3 Zambia Impressions
- 4 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 5 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 6 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 7 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 8 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 9 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 10 Has anybody used this tour company overmorocco.com?
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 15 Taste of Dubai
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 19 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 20 Dubai and/or Oman
- 21 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 22 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 23 Morocco Advice
- 24 MOROCCO SOLO
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015