I am planning a safari trip in August for my family. I have already travelled to Kenya and Tanzania but for them it will be the first time. I am torn between Botswana (which I hear is more secluded) or combining Kenya and Tanzania and hopefully catching some of the Migration (I do not mind going back). In addition to seeing wide range of wildlife I want them to experience the beautiful African scenery and the savannah that I remember from my trip.
Would concentration of animals be quite similar in those countries? I remember that in Kenya/Tanzania there were loads of animals and we seemed to spot a different one every 5-10 minutes. In Okavango delta the safari is done on boat wouldn't this limit your the amount of animals you see? Also how do these two options compare in terms of scenery? Any advice and thoughts would be most welcome. Thank you
Botswana vs Kenya and Tanzania for first safari experience
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 2 Cape Town, Safari + Victoria Falls
- 3 Tour to Morocco
- 4 Kenya - Tanzania Budget Tours
- 5 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 6 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 7 Morrocco and Cash
- 8 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 9 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 10 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 11 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 12 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 13 South Africa trip advices
- 14 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 15 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 16 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 17 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 18 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 19 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 20 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 21 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 22 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 23 First time in Africa on safari
- 24 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 25 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience