I am planning a safari trip in August for my family. I have already travelled to Kenya and Tanzania but for them it will be the first time. I am torn between Botswana (which I hear is more secluded) or combining Kenya and Tanzania and hopefully catching some of the Migration (I do not mind going back). In addition to seeing wide range of wildlife I want them to experience the beautiful African scenery and the savannah that I remember from my trip.
Would concentration of animals be quite similar in those countries? I remember that in Kenya/Tanzania there were loads of animals and we seemed to spot a different one every 5-10 minutes. In Okavango delta the safari is done on boat wouldn't this limit your the amount of animals you see? Also how do these two options compare in terms of scenery? Any advice and thoughts would be most welcome. Thank you
Botswana vs Kenya and Tanzania for first safari experience
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Quick question about Kenya..
- 2 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 3 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 4 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 5 Green Season Safari Questions
- 6 Morocco in April 2014
- 7 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 10 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 11 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 12 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report