I am planning a safari trip in August for my family. I have already travelled to Kenya and Tanzania but for them it will be the first time. I am torn between Botswana (which I hear is more secluded) or combining Kenya and Tanzania and hopefully catching some of the Migration (I do not mind going back). In addition to seeing wide range of wildlife I want them to experience the beautiful African scenery and the savannah that I remember from my trip.
Would concentration of animals be quite similar in those countries? I remember that in Kenya/Tanzania there were loads of animals and we seemed to spot a different one every 5-10 minutes. In Okavango delta the safari is done on boat wouldn't this limit your the amount of animals you see? Also how do these two options compare in terms of scenery? Any advice and thoughts would be most welcome. Thank you
Botswana vs Kenya and Tanzania for first safari experience
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Uganda Trip Report
- 2 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 3 Johannesburg...?
- 4 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 5 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 6 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 7 Jordan safety concerns
- 8 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 9 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 10 Yellow fever vaccination for trip to southern Africa
- 11 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 12 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 13 A family safari in Tanzania
- 14 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 15 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 16 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 17 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 18 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 19 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 20 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 21 Boutique hotels in israel
- 22 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 23 Short layover at JNB
- 24 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 25 Uganda or Rwanda?