Fodor's was great at helping me plan my trip to Capri so I thought it would be good to get advice on my trip to Egypt in January.
To give some context, I'll be travelling with my boyfriend, we're both 22, he's very very relaxed but I'm quite OCD about holidays and tend to go overboard while trying to pack everything in. We both live in different countries, so would like to spend some time relaxing together along with seeing what Egypt has to offer. I also scuba dive, but he doesnt, hence would like to spend some time on a beach where I can dive once but we can generally relax as well.
Our budget is mid-range - I'd like to not go too crazy, maybe 5000-7500E?
We will be arriving at Cairo on Jan 19th - Saturday evening, and departing from Cairo on Jan 26th - Saturday afternoon. That's 7 night and 7 days.
I have been doing a bit of research and am thinking along the following lines.
Day 0. (19th)- Arrive and Relax in the evening - Any restaurant recommendations and night activites would be welcome - whirling dervishes/Riverboat restaurant?
Day 1. (20th) Pyramids - Casual_Cairo's website had an interesting full day tour starting at Sakkara?
Day 2. (21st) Archaeological museum (with a tour guide). - leave the rest of the day free
<<Overnight to Luxor>>
Day 3: (22nd) Karnak in the morning, and Luxor Temple, with a Fellucia ride in the evening
Day 4: (23rd) West Bank - Hot Air Balloon, Valley of the Kings, etc (I'll start posting more details on this once i have it sorted out - might need some help!!)
Now this is where im *STUCK* I would like to spend Day 5 and 6 at a beach, which is not too far away from Cairo, good for diving but with a decent beach and good restaurants. I was thinking of Marsa Alam or Hurghada maybe? Any suggestions would be welcome. I usually shy away from toursity spots, but wont mind spending some time in a resort even.
Day 6 night or Day 7 morning: Travel back to Cairo - spend the day relaxing and visit Khan
Comments would be welcome. I would like to start booking hotels soon, and hence need to finish a skeletal itenrary asap!!
Thanks a ton
7 Days in Egypt - Cairo, Luxor and Diving
- 1 What about money?
- 2 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 3 10 days in south Africa
- 4 Looking for a Petra day tour from Aqaba and driving to Aqaba?
- 5 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 6 Who delivers the best one day tours?
- 7 a week in africa
- 8 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 9 South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time
- 10 Trip report Namibia 2011 - A dream in red and green
- 11 Trip report Namibia 2012 - Chilly desert and hot quiver trees
- 12 Accra airport
- 13 Yemen - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- 14 17 days in Israel our way
- 15 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 16 morocco
- 17 1st Time African Safari - Help!
- 18 Israel: excellent tour guide Gideon Abramowitz
- 19 Beyt Al Chai and places to stay in Zanzibar
- 20 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 21 Trip extension from Cape town
- 22 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 23 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 24 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 25 Lets talk cell phones & plans while in Tanzania