Fodor's was great at helping me plan my trip to Capri so I thought it would be good to get advice on my trip to Egypt in January.
To give some context, I'll be travelling with my boyfriend, we're both 22, he's very very relaxed but I'm quite OCD about holidays and tend to go overboard while trying to pack everything in. We both live in different countries, so would like to spend some time relaxing together along with seeing what Egypt has to offer. I also scuba dive, but he doesnt, hence would like to spend some time on a beach where I can dive once but we can generally relax as well.
Our budget is mid-range - I'd like to not go too crazy, maybe 5000-7500E?
We will be arriving at Cairo on Jan 19th - Saturday evening, and departing from Cairo on Jan 26th - Saturday afternoon. That's 7 night and 7 days.
I have been doing a bit of research and am thinking along the following lines.
Day 0. (19th)- Arrive and Relax in the evening - Any restaurant recommendations and night activites would be welcome - whirling dervishes/Riverboat restaurant?
Day 1. (20th) Pyramids - Casual_Cairo's website had an interesting full day tour starting at Sakkara?
Day 2. (21st) Archaeological museum (with a tour guide). - leave the rest of the day free
<<Overnight to Luxor>>
Day 3: (22nd) Karnak in the morning, and Luxor Temple, with a Fellucia ride in the evening
Day 4: (23rd) West Bank - Hot Air Balloon, Valley of the Kings, etc (I'll start posting more details on this once i have it sorted out - might need some help!!)
Now this is where im *STUCK* I would like to spend Day 5 and 6 at a beach, which is not too far away from Cairo, good for diving but with a decent beach and good restaurants. I was thinking of Marsa Alam or Hurghada maybe? Any suggestions would be welcome. I usually shy away from toursity spots, but wont mind spending some time in a resort even.
Day 6 night or Day 7 morning: Travel back to Cairo - spend the day relaxing and visit Khan
Comments would be welcome. I would like to start booking hotels soon, and hence need to finish a skeletal itenrary asap!!
Thanks a ton
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 China Supply Sinotruk HOWO Truck For You
- 2 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 3 Wondering how much US Dollars to change to Kenyan Shillings?
- 4 Safari photography help
- 5 20 days, Family who loves Adventure, over the Holidays
- 6 Travel within Africa
- 7 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 8 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 9 Why no mention of the beautuful lion...
- 10 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 11 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 12 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 13 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 14 Tanzania trip Advice
- 15 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 16 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 17 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 18 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 19 el gouna or soma bay????
- 20 Morocco - Chefchaouen, Ait Benhaddou
- 21 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 22 Israel itinerary
- 23 Malawi with kiddos
- 24 Porini Mara & Porini Lion in October 2016
- 25 Local Tanzania companies