Fodor's was great at helping me plan my trip to Capri so I thought it would be good to get advice on my trip to Egypt in January.
To give some context, I'll be travelling with my boyfriend, we're both 22, he's very very relaxed but I'm quite OCD about holidays and tend to go overboard while trying to pack everything in. We both live in different countries, so would like to spend some time relaxing together along with seeing what Egypt has to offer. I also scuba dive, but he doesnt, hence would like to spend some time on a beach where I can dive once but we can generally relax as well.
Our budget is mid-range - I'd like to not go too crazy, maybe 5000-7500E?
We will be arriving at Cairo on Jan 19th - Saturday evening, and departing from Cairo on Jan 26th - Saturday afternoon. That's 7 night and 7 days.
I have been doing a bit of research and am thinking along the following lines.
Day 0. (19th)- Arrive and Relax in the evening - Any restaurant recommendations and night activites would be welcome - whirling dervishes/Riverboat restaurant?
Day 1. (20th) Pyramids - Casual_Cairo's website had an interesting full day tour starting at Sakkara?
Day 2. (21st) Archaeological museum (with a tour guide). - leave the rest of the day free
<<Overnight to Luxor>>
Day 3: (22nd) Karnak in the morning, and Luxor Temple, with a Fellucia ride in the evening
Day 4: (23rd) West Bank - Hot Air Balloon, Valley of the Kings, etc (I'll start posting more details on this once i have it sorted out - might need some help!!)
Now this is where im *STUCK* I would like to spend Day 5 and 6 at a beach, which is not too far away from Cairo, good for diving but with a decent beach and good restaurants. I was thinking of Marsa Alam or Hurghada maybe? Any suggestions would be welcome. I usually shy away from toursity spots, but wont mind spending some time in a resort even.
Day 6 night or Day 7 morning: Travel back to Cairo - spend the day relaxing and visit Khan
Comments would be welcome. I would like to start booking hotels soon, and hence need to finish a skeletal itenrary asap!!
Thanks a ton
7 Days in Egypt - Cairo, Luxor and Diving
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 2 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 3 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 4 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 5 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 6 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 7 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 8 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 9 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 10 Charity begins at Home!
- 11 Sun Safaris
- 12 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 13 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 14 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 15 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 16 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 17 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 18 Tour to Morocco
- 19 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 20 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 21 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 22 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 23 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 24 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 25 Uganda again