Fodor's was great at helping me plan my trip to Capri so I thought it would be good to get advice on my trip to Egypt in January.
To give some context, I'll be travelling with my boyfriend, we're both 22, he's very very relaxed but I'm quite OCD about holidays and tend to go overboard while trying to pack everything in. We both live in different countries, so would like to spend some time relaxing together along with seeing what Egypt has to offer. I also scuba dive, but he doesnt, hence would like to spend some time on a beach where I can dive once but we can generally relax as well.
Our budget is mid-range - I'd like to not go too crazy, maybe 5000-7500E?
We will be arriving at Cairo on Jan 19th - Saturday evening, and departing from Cairo on Jan 26th - Saturday afternoon. That's 7 night and 7 days.
I have been doing a bit of research and am thinking along the following lines.
Day 0. (19th)- Arrive and Relax in the evening - Any restaurant recommendations and night activites would be welcome - whirling dervishes/Riverboat restaurant?
Day 1. (20th) Pyramids - Casual_Cairo's website had an interesting full day tour starting at Sakkara?
Day 2. (21st) Archaeological museum (with a tour guide). - leave the rest of the day free
<<Overnight to Luxor>>
Day 3: (22nd) Karnak in the morning, and Luxor Temple, with a Fellucia ride in the evening
Day 4: (23rd) West Bank - Hot Air Balloon, Valley of the Kings, etc (I'll start posting more details on this once i have it sorted out - might need some help!!)
Now this is where im *STUCK* I would like to spend Day 5 and 6 at a beach, which is not too far away from Cairo, good for diving but with a decent beach and good restaurants. I was thinking of Marsa Alam or Hurghada maybe? Any suggestions would be welcome. I usually shy away from toursity spots, but wont mind spending some time in a resort even.
Day 6 night or Day 7 morning: Travel back to Cairo - spend the day relaxing and visit Khan
Comments would be welcome. I would like to start booking hotels soon, and hence need to finish a skeletal itenrary asap!!
Thanks a ton
7 Days in Egypt - Cairo, Luxor and Diving
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 2 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 3 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 4 I'm going on safari for free!
- 5 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 6 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 7 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 8 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 9 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 10 Dubai first time
- 11 Morocco Advice
- 12 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 13 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 14 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 15 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 16 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 17 5 day Seychelles trip in December
- 18 Anyone Else heading to Egypt in December?
- 19 16 day mixed trip
- 20 7 days visit to Jordan in Dec 2014
- 21 Canadian Insurance
- 22 Evacuation Insurance
- 23 Botswana - Kwara or Victoria Falls/Chobe (after 9 nights around Kruger)
- 24 Bespoke East Africa Kenya and Tanzania Safari
- 25 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa