Fodor's was great at helping me plan my trip to Capri so I thought it would be good to get advice on my trip to Egypt in January.
To give some context, I'll be travelling with my boyfriend, we're both 22, he's very very relaxed but I'm quite OCD about holidays and tend to go overboard while trying to pack everything in. We both live in different countries, so would like to spend some time relaxing together along with seeing what Egypt has to offer. I also scuba dive, but he doesnt, hence would like to spend some time on a beach where I can dive once but we can generally relax as well.
Our budget is mid-range - I'd like to not go too crazy, maybe 5000-7500E?
We will be arriving at Cairo on Jan 19th - Saturday evening, and departing from Cairo on Jan 26th - Saturday afternoon. That's 7 night and 7 days.
I have been doing a bit of research and am thinking along the following lines.
Day 0. (19th)- Arrive and Relax in the evening - Any restaurant recommendations and night activites would be welcome - whirling dervishes/Riverboat restaurant?
Day 1. (20th) Pyramids - Casual_Cairo's website had an interesting full day tour starting at Sakkara?
Day 2. (21st) Archaeological museum (with a tour guide). - leave the rest of the day free
<<Overnight to Luxor>>
Day 3: (22nd) Karnak in the morning, and Luxor Temple, with a Fellucia ride in the evening
Day 4: (23rd) West Bank - Hot Air Balloon, Valley of the Kings, etc (I'll start posting more details on this once i have it sorted out - might need some help!!)
Now this is where im *STUCK* I would like to spend Day 5 and 6 at a beach, which is not too far away from Cairo, good for diving but with a decent beach and good restaurants. I was thinking of Marsa Alam or Hurghada maybe? Any suggestions would be welcome. I usually shy away from toursity spots, but wont mind spending some time in a resort even.
Day 6 night or Day 7 morning: Travel back to Cairo - spend the day relaxing and visit Khan
Comments would be welcome. I would like to start booking hotels soon, and hence need to finish a skeletal itenrary asap!!
Thanks a ton
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 2 St Lucia area & Drakensberg rock art
- 3 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 4 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 5 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 6 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 7 Stonetown versus Shimba Hills
- 8 4h transit dubai visit center ?
- 9 transit facilities for 14 hours in Dubai Terminal 2
- 10 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 11 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 12 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 13 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 14 Cairo International Airport
- 15 Petra from Israel
- 16 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 17 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 18 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 19 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 20 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 21 Dubai Guide
- 22 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 23 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 24 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 25 Bush plane luggage (again)