- Ancient Ruins A to Z Some of Greece's greatest classical ruins, including Corinth, Mycenae, and Olympia, are packed into this region.
- Nafplion Grace The favorite Greek city of many seasoned travelers has a magnificent setting on the Gulf of Argolis, imposing remains, an animated waterfront, and street after street of old houses, churches, and mosques.
- Majestic Mani True connoisseurs of Greece flaunt the fact that they've traveled to this far-from-the-madding-crowds peninsula, famed for its silent villages, stark coastal landscapes, and feeling of mystery.
- High Drama The theater at Epidaurus, the setting for a highly acclaimed drama festival, still boasts of acoustics so perfect that every word can be heard—even from the very last of its 55 tiers.
- Byzantine Glory Two remarkable strongholds, Mystras and Monemvasia, display a rich Byzantine legacy.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2016
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More