Please help with these Paris hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2005, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW.... I think I have narrowed it down to the following hotels based on reviews here and tripadvisor (also availability of a quad or reasonable doubles). Any help at this point would be GREATLY appreciated.

Hotel de l'Odéon
Residence des Arts
Hotel La Tour Notre Dame
The Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg
Hôtel des Grands Hommes
Leftbank St. Germain
Hotel Sully
Hotel De Notre Dame

We will be in Paris March 31-April 3. I am sooooo excited. I am sure my daughters, 15 & 17, will fall in love with the city as I did 20+ years ago. Thanks, Laura
Old Mar 1st, 2005, 01:51 PM

Blast From The Past!

I stayed in the Grands Hommes in 1963, on my first trip abroad. It was acceptable for (IIRC) about $24 single, but sorry, I can't give you an update.

Lately, we've stayed at the Derby Eiffel, and can recommend it.
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Well a quad is 155 Euro now. I'll look in to the Derby Eiffel. Thanks, L
Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 02:25 AM

I would vote for the Hotel Left Bank Saint Germain, a really nice hotel at metro stop Odeon....The decoration of the hotel is really nice...and the location is perfect!!!
http://www.leftbankstgermain.com
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 10:07 PM
kea

Hi Panucci,
I couldn't help but reply although I have no wisdom at all to offer... I am travelling with my two neices (my now surrogate daughters, thier mom passed away last year) and we will be in Paris the week after you. Although I have travelled widely in Asia and other parts of Europe, Paris is not my forte, and I'm new to planning for a family, so any suggestions you could make to us based on your research would be very much appreciated. Also, any suggestions on things to do that would engage 2 teenage girls? I worry my fascination with art is going to bore them to tears...
Trip reports from your daughters would be amazing for us to access while we're staging in Ireland the week you're in Paris....

Lastly, is there a thread on Fodors or elsewhere for teens to talk to each other about travelling with their parents/adult family?
Many thanks
Kea
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 11:23 PM

..what a wonderful new experience for you and your neices. I read a lot on the board about parents travelling with teens but not too much written from there point of view and as a Mom of teens I would be most interested in this. The lonely planet talk board- the thorntree- as a lot of chat from students who are probably just a little older than your neices and they might here about some places that they would enjoy...some ideas for teens- hey would love an evening boat ride on a bateau mouche, the eiffel tower is also a corny must. My neice and I would walk from the metro stop rue du bac along St. Germain to St. michel..wonderful window shopping and a few great places to have coffee. The Pompidou museum is great fun for that age group..FNAC in les Halles is a youth Mecca..buy them a good guide book (or better yet rent a few from the library) and let them choose. Have a great video marathon and rent Charade, Before Sunset and Sabrina (the more recent version..the first version is better but the 2nd has the great scenery of Paris) and I am sure your girls will see some things they want to visit and these movies will certainly "bump up" the excitement.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 04:30 AM

Stayed at the Leftbank St. Germain a couple years ago in a triple room. It was large and very nice. Hotel is in a wonderful location...just steps to the Odeon metro. I highly recommend it.

Judy
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 05:39 AM

Hi Laura:

I am taking my 32-year old daughter to Paris at the same time you will be there with your daughters. I too am hoping my daughter will love Paris as much as I do. I hope the three of you will make wonderful memories together.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everone! I booked us in a quad at the Leftbank St. Germain.

Kea, please Email me [email protected] and I will respond with any info I can. My daughters also have friends who have been to Paris and they can pass on info to your girls. I am sure it will be a wonderful experience for all of you. How old are your neices?
Laura