zion bryce north rim

Search

zion bryce north rim

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2003, 03:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zion bryce north rim

planning a trip for fall 2004. how far ahead does one have to book to get into lodges in the park?

also when to go early mid late sept, or early oct. not too hot, not too cold.

thanks
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 04:29 PM

I'd book now; people book these places a year ahead. Mid-September is what I'd choose, since the North Rim closes in October. Bryce and the NR will still be comfortable then, and leaves may be changing.
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 06:38 PM

Both Bryce and the N. Rim are at high elevations and will get colder even in early Oct. Make sure you go before Mid-Oct because the N. Rim is close then!

Utahtea
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 11:16 AM

Obviously it can't hurt to book a year in advance since on park properties are popular. But I was able to get cabins at Zion, Bryce, and N Rim and started booking only in June for late Aug/early Sept. this year. If you call back now and again you'll often find your dates now available -- or different accomodations (ie switch from motel to cabin). No big deal.
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 05:08 PM

Hey there, just went to Bryce and North Rim last week. It was nice during the day time, but did get cool at night. Can only expect it to be a lot cooler in October. We stayed at the park hotels both nights and I booked about 3-4 months in advance. I also noticed that it does get a little windy. Both were very beautiful and I can't wait to get back there!! Have fun and good luck!!
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 05:09 PM

Oh yeah, sorry, it was for the week of Sept. 7th this year we were out there, it was highs in the low 70's during the day and got down to low 50's at night. Just an fyi.
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 11:21 AM

We were in Bryce Sept. 8 and 9. It actually got down to 40 during the second night. It was quite cold when we were up for the sunrise but great hiking weather during the day.
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 11:24 AM

Also, we started late and called for a reservation in Bryce on July 7 (for Sept. 8 and 9). It was booked at the lodge. My husband called back 5 or 6 times and ultimately we got a room. Then, we decided to camp and the room was open again. Thus, if you wait, you may still be able to get a room. However, if you know when you're going, I'd book now. YOu can always cancel. It is worth it to stay in the park at Bryce. One of the many high-lights of our trip was rolling out of bed to watch the sunrise. I haven't stayed at Ruby's (which is one of the only other games in town) but I can't imagine a better location than the lodge.
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 01:05 PM

Make your rservations as soon as you know your dates.
The North Rim can be quite chilly in the evening even in early Sept so reserve--or pack--accordingly.