Search

Yankee tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 03:47 PM
Al

Yankee tickets

What is the current ticket situation for the Yankees. I will be in nyc for the weekend of june28-july1...I would like to see the game on sunday 8:00pm....Is that game sell out? I tried the ticketmaster site, and couldn't find any tickets..
Also I will be staying the the St.Regis, what is the best way to get downthere by subway?? Is it safe to trek by subway after the game?

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Brian

Well, there's a reason the tickets for the weekend of June 28 are sold out. That's the subway series against the NY Mets. Those tickets will be hard to get, so I really can't help you there.

That being said, if you are able to get tickets, subway is the best (really the only) way to go to the game. Perfectly safe both before and after the game. Jam-packed with fans going to/from the game. Pick up the #4 train (going uptown, of course) at the corner of 59th St./Lexington Ave. Get off (with everybody else, just follow the Yankee hats) at the 161st St/Yankee Stadium stop. Do the reverse (and again, just follow the crowds) for the return trip.

If you really want tickets, try ebay.com. Put "yankees mets tickets" in the search box.
From a quick look at the search results, there are many tickets for the 6/30 game being auctioned.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 06:07 PM
thereuare

There will be scalpers around the stadium the day of the game, so if you are willing to spend a few (maybe many) extra dollars, i'm certain you could get a ticket.

Another option is to try to get a tix (thru a scalper) after the game has started, say at the top/bottom of the second inning, as the prices drop QUICKLY after the first inning.

Of course, be careful when dealing with scalpers.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 09:04 AM
Frank in Atlanta

Boy am I glad to hear about you! I'm from Atlanta, but will be in town the same weekend and have to get rid of part of our tickets tickets after our friends cancelled on coming up with us. How many would you need? I'm not looking to make any money-just recover what we spent. PLease feel free to contact me at this email address (hope I'm not violating any rules of this website)....

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 09:13 AM
deena

Instead of dealing w/scalpers, see if the concierge at your hotel can score you tickets for the game. If anyone can pull strings, they can.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Al

Hi Frank,

Sounds good, I will be needing only 2 tickets. I'll send you a email concerning this and we can take it offline...

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 06:38 PM
John

Just one more point, Al.
That game (Sunday, 6/30) will be the nationally broadcast game on ESPN at 8pm. You might want to set your VCR to tape it just in case you get on TV.