Reload this Page >

Yankee Staduim -best way to get there.

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2002, 04:04 AM
sue

My husband and I are going to NYC in two weeks and will be attending a Sat afternoon Yankee game. What is the best way to get there from the Sheraton Manhattan Hotel? I would presume bus or subway but don't know the specifics? How much would it cost to take a cab - it that a dumb idea? I don't know a thing about travel out of Manhattan. Thanks in advance!

Old May 30th, 2002, 04:31 AM
Jim

Sue,
I'm a Mets fan, but I'll give you directions anyway.
Take the D train from midtown directly to the stadium (161st Street). It should only take about 25 minutes.

Old May 30th, 2002, 05:51 AM
al

Right -- take the D or pick up the 4 on Lexington Avenue. The D lets you out under ground but the 4 goes above ground right before 161st St. and gives you a great view of the stadium. Perfectly safe and you'll be riding with 90% Yankees fans. Have no fear.

Old May 30th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Ted

The 4 train is definitely more "scenic," if that matters to you at all. You can get on the 4 at Grand Central (42nd St) or 59th St at Lexington Ave.

Old May 30th, 2002, 06:23 AM
me

The subway is the way to go and it will be loaded with yankee fans. The ride itself will be entertaining. A cab is not a good idea.

Old May 30th, 2002, 08:32 AM
aa

Forget the cab - the subway is the way to go. The hotel in on 7th Avenue around 50th Street. Walk one block east to 6th Avenue. There is an entrance to the subway to pick up the D train at 50th or 49th Streets. You get off the train at the 161st St. station. The D is an erxpress and it makes only 3 or 4 stops to the stadium. nce on the trainit will take about 20 minutes. Forget the #4 train. It is a 15 t0 20 Minute walk to the nearest Station.

Old May 30th, 2002, 09:02 AM
al

Like I (and everyone else) said before, the subway is the cheapest and fastest way to go. But -- did you know there's a NY Waterway ferry that goes there as well? Not the quickest, the cheapest or easy to get to, but if it's beautiful afternoon and you feel like taking a boat ride up the East River before the game, the option does exist.

Details are at the NY Waterway website, which is, oddly enough www.nywaterway.com.

Old May 31st, 2002, 02:45 AM
sue

Thank you so much for the advise. I'll stick with the subway - the fans on the train sound like lots of fun. The waterway sounds great also, maybe the return trip will be by river.

A special Thanks for the advise to Jim even thought your a Mets fan - I totally understand being a O's fan and married to a die hard Yankee fan!

Old May 31st, 2002, 08:57 AM
Lynda

Catch the D train at 7th Avenue and 53rd Street (Seventh ave. station)or at 50 St. & 6th Ave (Rockefeller Center Station). 50th & 7th is the N/R line. Enjoy the game!

Old May 31st, 2002, 09:05 AM
jon

Subway will lengthen the Yankee Game experience. Go for it.