Reload this Page >

Yankee Stadium and Bronx Zoo

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 02:24 PM
sekt

I will be attending a Yankee game on a Friday night in late May. I was also interested in visiting the Bronx Zoo. Do you think it is a good idea to do both on the same day? How easy is it to get from the zoo to Yankee Stadium and what is the best route.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 03:32 AM
rqf

Getting to the Stadium from the zoo is not difficult using public transportation (bus/subway). Cost would be $1.50 if you have a Metro Card which allows a free transfer. NO Metro Card - $3.
You would have to exit the zoo at the Fordham Road/Southern Blvd. side. Take a bus (#12?), westbound, to the Grand Concourse. Enter the subway and take a "D" train DOWNTOWN to the 161st St./Yankee Stadium station. Once on bus ride will take around 15 minutes; train ride will be 10 minutes or so.
If you want to see more of the Bronx, the train portion of the trip can be done on elevated tracks. Continue on bus to Jerome Ave.(another five minutes). Take a number "4" train DOWNTOWN and get off at the 161st St. station.
You can get to the Zoo using the subway from Manhattan. From the West Side take the #2 train (UPTOWN/BRONX) to the Bronx Park East station.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 05:27 AM
deb

If I were you I wouldn't go to both on the same day. The zoo is very large and definitly worth seeing all of it. I would spend the day then, if you have a car, go to Aurther Avenue for some great Italian...go to Roberto's - 632 E. 186th Street & Belmont Avenue. Excellent food and certainly worth the trip

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:24 PM
cjw

GREAT IDAE!

great thing to kill 2 birds with one stone

get to the zoo early - for there is lots to see - lots of walking too

and just be carfeul on the trains and buses

a cab might be worth your money to ensure your safety

good luck and safe travel

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:32 PM
suzanne

That is a great idea. You'll be on your feet all day at the zoo, then can sit back and relax at the stadium. I don't know if there are "hailable" cabs up there like there are in Manhattan, so buses may be your only option. I'm not familiar with the routes up there, but I believe you can get a bus map off the MTA website.

Remember to get to the game early, as there are extensive security checks. Also, you will not be allowed in with a backpack. Fanny packs and small purses (smaller than 12"x12") are fine, though.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:52 PM
xxx

Wait a minute...The Bronx Zoo IS in Yankee Stadium!

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:12 PM
Spoilsport

The whole area is filled with white trash.

Old Nov 14th, 2006, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I walked (with two little kids) from the Bronx Zoo to the #4 train and it goes right past Yankee Stadium. I am a newbie with Bronx trains but ask at the Bronx Zoo how to get to the train.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elainee -- sure you meant well, but that question was 2002! Maybe it will help someone else.