Search

Williamsburg, VA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Williamsburg, VA

We are planning to get married in Williamsburg and have never been there. We are doing all the research via the web. We want to stay at a B&B and have picked Cedars. We were planning to get married in their garden. We would like to go to a nice restaurant for dinner afterwards, there are 12 of us. Something semi-private, great atmosphere, nice. Any suggestions? We would also like some suggestions on what to see the day before and the day after.
Thanks,
Anijohn.
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 08:11 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice restaurants with private rooms are:

Blue Talon in Colonial Williamsburg. French bistro menu. bluetalonbistro

Le Yaca in the Kingsmill shops near Busch Gardens. Traditional French. leyacawilliamsburg

Whitehall on Jamestown Rd. Traditional continental. thewhitehall

As for things to do... there's lots!! Let us know your interests or do a search under Williamsburg.
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

We have everything from a 10 year old to 61 year old and sprinkled in between. I think we'll do a day at Busch Gardens and then we'd like to see historical venues.

THanks for the leads on restaurants. I see some places have areas to sit outside to over look golf courses or lakes. Do any you know of have something that might work for us on a patio?
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 10:26 AM

You can contact Kingsmill Resort. They have an outdoor patio and indoor private rooms. I didn't mention it at first because they do a lot of corporate business and sometimes won't book their rooms for smaller parties. Its worth a try.
What other places did you see overlooking ponds? I can tell you more about them.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

I looked at Kingsmill and that looks great, their restaurant "Eagles" has an alcove that looks out to the course. I have seen some conversations about city passes, what are those? If we are exploring Williamsburg do we want one? Where can we get them?
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 05:12 AM

You will need a pass to get the most out of CW but if you just want to walk around, you can. Go to the website at history.
Other places to vist are Yorktown and Jamestown. I would recommend driving the parkway between the two. It's gorgeous.
If you do a search on this forum, you'll find a lot of info.
The patio at Eagles is lovely. I have seen receptions out there before. If you are planning the wedding there, keep in mind that there will be golfers and carts going by.