Search

Wigwam Resort, Litchfield Park, AZ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2004, 09:50 AM
LRB
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wigwam Resort, Litchfield Park, AZ

hi. i've seen a bunch of older messages posted re. this hotel/resort, and am wondering if anyone has stayed there over the past 6 months or so, and your thoughts/experience. i'm specifically interested in knowing if a major room renovation was indeed made in 2003-- that's what is reported on the Mobil Travel Guide site.
tx very much for any info.
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 11:49 AM

I live close to the Wigwam and reserved a room there for out of town guests around Christmastime 2003. We saw their room, it has been renovated and did seem quite nice, with fresh paint, new furniture and decent linens on the bed. Just keep in mind that the hotel was designed at a time when the emphasis was not on luxurious marble bathrooms and deep jacuzzi tubs, so if you are expecting that you may be disappointed. Their signature restaurant (Arizona Kitchen) is very good and it is a great resort if you like to play golf. If you can get it for around $99/night (What it typically goes for in the off-season) it is a bargain. During high season it goes for about $250/night, I would hesitate to pay this much when a high quality Scottsdale resort can be had for a similar amount.
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 11:49 AM
LRB
Original Poster

thanks very much for this info. yes, we're getting a very good price, so i think we'll go for it! no marble is OK... as long as it's still a fairly elegant place (and from what's shown on their web site, i think we'll be pleased with it).
tx again!
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 02:16 PM

LRB- I stayed at the Wigwam last summer in one of their suites (one big room separated by a wall in the middle with bedroom area on one side and living area on the other). We've stayed in some very lovely places and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this resort. The pool area is nice, but not the best we've seen. I remember the linens seemed "upgraded" and the suite was particularly roomy. Yummy food!!!
Old Apr 29th, 2004, 12:32 PM
LRB
Original Poster

that's great news, kennedy3! tx for your reply/info!