Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Why no tickets for Priscilla -Queen of the Desert on June 5/6?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2011, 07:26 AM
TC
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posted this on Broadway Banter, but hoping someone else might have an idea.

Does anyone have a connection toThe Palace Theater or Priscilla - Queen of the Desert? I'm trying to buy tickets for our June trip. This show is one of the few that have Sunday evening and Monday performances. For some reason, the Ticketmaster site will not let me buy tickets for June 5 or 6. I can find plenty of tickets for any other Sunday or Monday, but not those dates. I called Ticketmaster and even spoke with a supervisor, but they don't know anything. They see the same screen I see on-line. It simply says there are no tickets available. I find it very hard to believe that only those two dates are completely sold out when every other performance has a ton of tickets available.

Anyone have a clue? Has a convention or organization bought out 3 entire shows? Is there a phone number one could call (other than Ticketmaster) for some insight? I thought it might have something to do with the Tony awards, but that isn't until the 12th.
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 07:46 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm with HowardR - I think someone bought out the shows. I don't think it has anything to do with the Tonys. I was there the week prior to the Tony awards a couple of years and saw several shows that included award winners.
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 07:56 AM
TC
Original Poster

O.K. now I'm just curious.....who would buy out 3 shows in a row? That theater holds well over 1000 people for each show. 3000 people from the same organization, seeing the same show? Who are they and why can't I join?
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 09:43 AM

It sounds like some organization might have bought them up for a benefit of some kind.
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 11:27 AM

Have you tried calling the box office? I'll be downtown tomorrow and I can stop by and ask if that might help.
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 02:27 PM
TC
Original Poster

I've sent an email off to the Nederlander Group customer service rep. We'll see what they reply. I hope its just some sort of glitch. I would love to fill in a Sunday or Monday night with this great show.

Thanks, Travelbuff. Please don't go out of your way, but if you happen past the box office, I would be very interested in what they have to say.
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 06:33 AM

http://www.newyorkcitytheatre.com/th...Name=Priscilla Queen of the Desert&displayNames=true
Can you see the link above?

According to this site, I can buy June 5th evening tickets without problem. Of course, I didn't use my credit card so don't know the final answer though
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 07:59 AM
TC
Original Poster

Thanks, Sakura. I, too, have seen the date offered on the ticket broker sites. That is why I think its some sort of glitch in the Ticketmaster system that prevents me from buying at face price. I'm still waiting for a reply from Nederlander Group, but its the weekend, so no expectations until next week.