Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Who's is the Death Mask on Treasure Hunters?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody watch tonight's show; who do you think the death mask is? And does that Fogal daughter drive you as crazy as she does me? She constantly whines, "I'm too tired, it's so far, you're all wrong daddy" and then when her parents solve the clue they tell her that she's just wonderful. Bleagh!!!

I think the death mask is the Marquis de Lafayette, a Frenchman who sailed to the United States to help fight against the British. What does anyone else think?
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Original Poster

Oooops what a spelling error. The title should be Whose not who's...3 lashes with a wet noodle for me!!!
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 06:59 PM

LoL, Baker . . . you just got too excited. Actually, JMHO, but I think it should be "who's the" or "who is the." But who really cares, right? We all know what you mean. And yes, that Fogal daughter is a royal pain!
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Original Poster

You're absolutely right; wish I could use an eraser on my computer at times after I've pushed the "post my reply" button. Guess I just got so gosh-darned excited watching them all chase down their next clues.

So.....who does the death mask belong to??
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 07:15 PM

I don't know, Baker. But I think your guess is a great one! This show is more fun than I expected, but that kid bugs the tar out of me!
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 07:19 PM

Who else has noticed the little clues at various locations with a sponsor's name? Tonight's clue mentioned being hidden or covered with mist.
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

My guess is a bit sneaky as I met and helped the Geniuses in Paris last September. Can't wait until the show gets there to see if I get my 15 minutes (or 10 seconds) worth of fame.

Guess all the excitement is causing me to mis-spell.
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 03:41 AM

Baker, I am hoping we will see you next week since they will be in Paris. Now how will we be sure to recognize you? Do you remember what you were wearing? Of course whoever helps the geniuses will have to be you, but it might be easier if we have a bit of a description.

I think you are right about Lafayette.

http://www.americanrevwar.homestead....s/LAFAYETT.HTM

He looks a lot like the picture they showed last night and he certainly fits the description. And he was French.

Fogel girl is making me nuts. How can her parents stand to be around her???

I loved the comment about how Air Force found the mask so quickly, "They must have used their x-ray vision." They really are a machine. (But it is nice to know that our country's defense is in the hands of people like them and not the wild Hanlons!)

Old Jul 18th, 2006, 06:51 AM
ltt

i hope that fogal girl watches this show and has a realization that she needs a HUGE attitude adjustment. i know she'll say "it's all editing" but you have to give them the material in order for them to edit. when she complained about "i don't want to hold the flash light" while her father dug...i wanted to reach through the screen and slap her. i don't think she'll be getting any dates from any man who watches this show. can you imagine if she was your wife. OH MY GOD!!!
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Original Poster

To Sunshinesue: How do you know that TH will be in Paris next week; they never seem to show scenes from the next show like other reality shows do. As to what I was wearing; it was a long tome ago now but I think I was in a white shirt and black pants, sunglasses, black messenger bag across my chest. I'm blond. I keep thinking maybe I should have spoken with a French accent. When the Geniuses asked if I was from Paris or knew the area well I replied that I did know the area well and I was Canadian; maybe if I'd passed as being French it would have been more "realistic".

But anyway it was pretty cool.

Old Jul 21st, 2006, 05:23 AM

The Fogal girl is married and a teacher.
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 05:44 AM

One of the things that I think makes TH less fun than AR, is that we don't see the teams intereact with the natives. That is a lot of the fun on the other show.

Keith
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 06:04 AM

Baker,
I hadn't noticed that the previews were not necessarily for the next show. The previews for last weeks show were on the week before-they showed them trudging throught the marsh and showed the ambulance take the Brown brother away. But if that is the case then they might not be in Paris next time. The previews last week showed them there and showed the Eiffel tower. I guess we will just have to wait and see. At any rate it should be easier to spot you-look for the blond with the messenger bag!

Catbert,
A teacher! I can't even imagine...How embarassing for her students to see her behave that way. Maybe her parents need to start reminding her that her students will watch!

How did you find out? Are there bios somewhere?
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 06:07 AM

http://www.nbc.com/Treasure_Hunters/
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Some of the promos for upcoming shows show girls running across the street in what definitely looks like Paris and one showed a very quick shot of the Eiffel Tower but as to when they actually get there..who knows.

I do remember that their next clue was at the Pont Alexandre, probably the most beautiful bridge in Paris and that's where they found the next clue at the statue of Lafayette riding his horse. There was quite a big crew of camera people, mikes, a director, etc. It looked like they cracked open something to find the actual item but I don't know what they got. After that they ran across the Pont Alexandre and the director indicated he wanted them filmed with some background to put it into context as to their location. We really don't know where they went from there although Invalides (where Napoleon is buried) and the Musee de l'Armee are seen from that location.

And the Fogal daughter is a teacher? As a retired teacher I wouldn't want my students seeing me like that; not too inspiring.
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 11:27 AM

my husband, who is a presidential junkie, says it's george washington - he says it's the profile of the mask that made him immediately decide that. I, on the other hand, think it's Thomas Jefferson.