Whom to rent with in Keystone?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are taking our three little ones to Keystone in Feb. for the first time. Are there pros/cons in renting a condo from Keystone Central Reservations vs. a VRBO? We were looking at Hidden River Lodge in the Mtn. House area? Any ideas/suggestions?
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 12:03 PM

Amy, I just saw this old post and you may have already decided. Renting through VRBO you are likely to get a cheaper deal. Renting through Central Reservations you will also get the Activities Passport included for your family. You might want to look at what it includes on the website. If you're doing many of those things it could be substantial.

In my renting experience from 4 years ago and beyond, I always ended up getting an upgrade from what I reserved.
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Hey Catbert!

I wound up renting a condo at Hidden River Lodge with Central Reservations, because they were offering a free night deal. We are supposed to get the Adventure Passport included, which sounds good because there seems to be a bunch of free things included in the book. The only thing that bummed me out was not being able to view pictures of the actual unit in which we will be staying. Hope they're decent!
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 12:36 PM

I'm not familiar with that building but I'll take a look next time I drive by (after I dig my car out!). I see on the website they are rated "deluxe". The rentals through the resort are carefully controlled so you'll no doubt have a very nice place. If you don't like your unit, ask to be moved.

You might ask central reservations if they can give you a contact for babysitting as well. Your kids are going to have a great time. There are so many activities they'll be exhausted.
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 02:05 PM

Don't worry too much about seeing the individual unit you will be using. Rest assured, as Catbert suggested, the units are very closely monitored so they all have exactly the same amenities.
Old Dec 10th, 2005, 01:26 PM

I rented directly from an owner via VRBO for Christmas week last year and paid $275/nt and when I checked with Central Reservations on the same building and unit size I was quoted $500/nt. Although I rented thru the owner I also got the Activities Passport when I checked in. The only difference was that I did not get daily towel and linen service.