Notices

Which Nashville neighborhood?

Old Jan 26th, 2020, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Which Nashville neighborhood?

We're planning a two-week trip taking us primarily to Charleston, Savannah, Asheville, and Nashville. We'll rent a car leaving Savannah and drive to Asheville for four nights, then Nashville for four nights (being newbies to both areas, we're open to opinions on whether an even split makes sense).

At the moment we're trying to reserve an apartment or cottage and have been advised to stay in East Nashville, but I've also read about 12 South and the Gulch.

Here are our questions:

Would you recommend one of these over the other if we keep a car? Or another neighborhood entirely? Which neighborhood if we don't have a car and want to use Uber or other public transit?

If East Nashville, is there a particular location or section we should stick closer to? We've looked (on AirBnB) at places in Eastwood, Lockland Springs, and a few blocks south or east of 5 points.

We're a retired couple, active, and enjoy music (of course), fun restaurants with craft beer and cocktails, and lots of photography. With four nights in Nashville I'm sure we'll spend some of it on Broadway, we have tickets to the Grand Ole Opry one evening, and have been advised to visit Cheekwood, the Hermitage, etc. We'll never get to all the recommended places, but this gives you an idea of what we enjoy. For us it's really about being able to enjoy the neighborhood while still being able to get where we want to go.

Thoughts? And thank you all.
Old Feb 3rd, 2020, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still in need of advice re: which Nashville neighborhood to stay in four four days in February. Deciding between East Nashville and 12 South, and may have a car for at least one day. Would love advice re: which is easier to drive in and out of in addition to where we'd enjoy being, especially in the evening. Thanks!
Old Feb 3rd, 2020, 03:26 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We rented a cottage in East Nashville. I liked the area a lot. Ubered to concert. Great taco place nearby. You want me to find airbnb we stayed in?
Old Feb 3rd, 2020, 03:30 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5532667...arer_id=688000
Old Feb 3rd, 2020, 03:40 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My post is gone. I will try again. Four of us rented the apartment above for a U2 concert. We did use lyft to get into Nashville but loved all the places to eat. There was this one taco place that was fab and great breakfast places. East Nashville is where we were told to stay from my nephew and my friend's cousin who live in east Nashville.
Old Feb 4th, 2020, 10:49 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We were there for a wedding a couple of years ago over Labor Day weekend. We stayed at the Holiday Inn near Vanderbilt University and Ubered everywhere we needed to go (nothing was all that far away). It was not a problem at all, and we saved over the downtown hotels. The Holiday Inn has a bar with live music every night, and one of my best experiences there was happening upon a live concert at the park across the street from the hotel.
Old Feb 4th, 2020, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks! This looks great.
Old Feb 4th, 2020, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, Macross. This looks great! and thanks jhk3rd for your input on the Holiday Inn.