Which Maui Hotel for Honeymoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Decided on Hyatt for Kauai... Now we need to decide where to stay in Maui.

Which one:

Four Seasons
Fairmont Kea Lani
Grand Wailea
Hyatt

Also- should we spend more time in Maui or more time in Kauai. 11 nights altogether
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 04:05 PM

Out of the hotels you mentioned, I have only stayed at the Hyatt...this past Aug.for my honeymoon. We loved it, thought it was a great hotel in a wonderful area of Maui. Close to plenty of shopping, restaurants, and beaches/snorkeling. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 05:39 PM

I stayed at the Grand Wailea and it was absolutely first class. The hotel is gorgeous. It has a wonderful spa and the pool area is great too. I don't remember any negatives. I would suggest an ocean view room though if the budget allows.
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 06:30 PM

Grand Wailea hands down. amazing hotel.
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 06:35 PM

We stayed at the FS, and at the Hyatt in Kauai like you. We loved the FS. Amazing service, we were pampered the whole time. We chose it over the Grand Wailea because it is a bit quieter, not quite as "over the top" as I've heard the Grand Wailea is. Not to say the GW isn't also a great hotel, and if you choose that I'm sure you'll love that as well.
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 09:11 AM

okay, so almesq is going on hearsay.

We stayed at the Grand Wailea Resort and will do so again - soon.

Ate at one restaurant at the Four Seasons - nice meal from start to finish; toured the rest of the hotels in Wailea and knew we made the right choice; shopped on the entire island from Wailea Shops to even ACE hardware; visited the Spa at GWR - THIS is for honeymooners!!

Two thumbs up for GWR. Room service breakfast on the patio with the ocean view... Pavlov was right, I'm drooling!
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 10:01 AM

The sometimes petty arguments over whether Four Seasons is better than G Wailea vs. Ritz Carlton vs. Kea Lani are so silly. People choose one, like it, then feel often get extremely defensive if others don't agree with their choice.
This is no different than choosing a car or neighborhood in which to live. There's no one best choice for everyone. Personally I don't like the GW at all, but I understand why many people do. Everyone has different taste. There's no absolute right or wrong.

There was a thread not long ago about how some people think Olive Garden is a good example of fine Italian dining.
And some people think anyone who spends more than $100/nt for a hotel is a moron. Some people think Vegas is classy, some think it's white trashy.

The point is to help the people who are asking questions find out what's best for **THEM**.
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 11:32 AM

There's no arguments here, travelis.
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 08:43 PM

Triplesec==I was going on hearsay, but as I said, I've heard nothing but great things about GW. I simply gave one reason that we chose the FS, even though I'm sure we would have loved the GW as well, and next time we go to Maui we may very well stay there. Bottom line is, as Travelis said, you will pick one, and love it, because all the places you're talking about are great, and it is your honeymoon, and it will be great no matter which one you choose. Enjoy!
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 09:16 AM

We loved the FS. The staff is unbelievably attentive. GW is next door looked beautiful. GW had alot of kids and a water slide. Not what we wanted for our honeymoon. It depends what you want I guess. If I go back I am Staying at Four Seasons.