Notices

which islands with childen

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 01:41 PM
brw

which islands with childen

We are planning to visit Hawaii with our 8 year old son. We are going to Maui but can't decide if our second island should be Maui or the Big Island. We have been to all three--but not with kids. What hotels would you suggest most kid friendly?

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 03:57 PM
PLH

I'd like to get in on this question -- we are planning a trip in July and have never been to the islands before. We have a 10-year-old and a 13-year-old. Suggestions on hotels?

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 04:24 PM
nat

Muai & Oahu. Oahu has that nice Seaworld-like park (can't rem. name).

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 12:09 AM
Burta

We took our extended family on a trip to the Big Island from Oahu. The problem for younger children is the distances between destinations. There are long stretches of lava and nothing to look at.

A trip that included both Maui and Oahu would be the best of both worlds. It would give you nice beaches and a volcano (Haleakala) without the traffic or crowds of Oahu. On Oahu, though, you'd have lots of activities. That "Seaworld-like" attraction is called Sea Life Park. There is the Arizona and Haunama Bay (remember the fish preserve from your earlier trips?).

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 03:36 AM
koa

Oahu for the children. There is sea life park, the mighty mo and arizona memorial. Bishop musuem has a planeterium and usually has things for kids. Several major shopping centers like ala moana and pearlridge. My kids like the water park in Kapolei. Also the honolulu zoo is pretty cool.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:31 AM
Ava

You should definitely take the kids to the Grand Wailea on Maui. Of Maui hotels, I think they have absolutely best water activities. My kids always have a great time and will not hear of staying anywhere else on Maui. Take a look at their website - tube river, multiple slides, water elevator. It is truly kid friendly.