Which Hotel in San Diego?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My DH will be attending a conference in September at the convention center. These three hotels are offering deals through the conference
1. San Diego Marriot Hotel and Marina
2. Manchester Grand Hyatt
3. Hilton San Diego Gas Lamp Quarter

Since I am going with him I want to make sure there is something for me to do during the day. I also want to make sure DH can walk to convention center. Thanks for any advice.
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 09:56 AM

Marriot is next door to Convention Center, Hyatt is next door to Marriot, Hilton is across the street from Convention Center. The first 2 are on Bayside with Seaport Village (mini tourist shops). All the hotels will have brochures in the lobby for things to do....
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 10:28 AM

I have been both to the Marriott and the Grand Hyatt. I would choose between one of these hotels. The Seaport Village area, mentioned above, is so wonderful and is right out your door. My first choice would by the Hyatt, followed a close second by the Marriott. Make sure, if you're able, to ask for a water view room.
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 12:53 PM

Views from upper floors at the Hyatt are great. Enjoy pleasant strolling along the waterfront from there, through Seaport Village and past the aircraft carrier to the dock that tour boats and Coronado ferries depart from. It is also an easy walk from Hyatt to the Gaslamp Dist for restautants.
I have not stayed in either of the other two you mention, but I've enjoyed my Hyatt stays and would happily return there.
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

so I think I will choose between the Mariott or the Hyatt. Thanks for the advice.
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 01:12 PM
TahitiTams

Hands down the Manchester Grand Hyatt!
Grand Hyatt is a 5 star and the SD Marriot is a 4 star and alot older..
Go to a Padre game and have fun in the Gaslamp for food and drinks.. take a water taxi over to Coronado..
Our city is gorgeous in September!
Have Fun!

Old Apr 28th, 2006, 01:19 PM

Hi Jennyeve, I have stayed at both the Marriott and the Hyatt. At the Marriott, in one of the towers, you can get a balcony from your room. This is what I would go for. Preferably, but not necessarily, bayside and a high up floor. City side is also beautiful. The service and staff at this hotel has always been first class.

We have stayed also at the Hyatt. Not sure if they have balconies. If not, I would go for the Marriott.

Not too sure about the Hilton. I have seen it, and it is lovely. Only about maybe eight stories high, but looks nice.

Have fun and come back with more questions about San Diego come back and we would be happy to assist.
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 01:45 PM
GP

Hi jennyeve

I too have stayed in both. I like the Hyatt better. How ever its farther away from the convention center, if your husband does not mind the walk stay at the Hyatt.

Have fun
GP
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 04:23 PM
jd

We have only stayed at the Marriott, and liked it a lot. The rooms with the balconies are in the North Tower, and make sure you request a bay/pool view.It was great having the balcony. The Hyatt looked nice as well. We toured the Hilton, and it is definitely not as nice as the other two.