Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Where would you suggest for a romantic New Orleans weekend?

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 08:09 PM
Jana

I've been researching hotels.. my husband and I will be in New Orleans in early February just for a weekend.
I had originally thought either the Windsor Court or the Maison Orleans would be what I was looking for. ( We enjoy staying at Ritz-Carlton type hotels.)
But after thinking it over, I realize that what would please us most would be a luxury hotel or a lovely B&B,that when we walk inside the lobby, let's us know that we are , indeed, in New Orleans and not in London, nor NYC, nor Washington DC ,nor any other place that has a Ritz-Carlton.
Can any one give me ideas for a place with impeccable service, a good view of the Quarter or of the river,fluffy robes, turn down service, etc?
Price range up to $400 per night.
Thank you for any suggestions.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 05:11 AM
Cindy

We've never stayed here, but I've always read very good things about the La Maison Marigny. You might want to look at their website.
http://www.lamaisonmarigny.com/

Good luck!

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 06:55 AM
Lisa

My husband and I love the Royal Sonesta hotel on Bourbon Street. It is high end and lovely inside, but one step outside the door and your are in the hear to New Orleans. Some of the best restaurants in the city are just a short stroll. The hotel has a lovely courtyard with a pool that is nice for relaxing (if you have any free time!). My husband and I stayed here for our 5 year anniversary and loved it.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Jana

Thank you Cindy and thank you Lisa.
I will take a look at both your suggestions.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 02:18 PM
Diana

I would recommend the Maison Orleans. We just returned from there and it was wonderful. It is a boutique hotel and very secluded and romantic although it is in the French Quarter. It is part of the Ritz Carlton. The rooms are large, with a very elegant bath. The tub is big enough for two.