Reload this Page >

Hotel in New Orleans

Search

Hotel in New Orleans

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2008, 07:52 PM
dmlove

Hotel in New Orleans

Where would you stay in New Orleans (nicer) if you were taking your child to orientation at Tulane (and your husband had never been in New Orleans before)? My friend stayed at the Iberville Suites last time she was there and wasn't thrilled. Money is not really an object.

Old May 9th, 2008, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the Ritz Carlton, which is on Canal Street at the edge of the French Quarter. It's built in what was once the Maison Blanche department store, so it has N.O. flavor, but also has R.C. service.

I also like the Royal Sonesta on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter. Choose an interior room with a pool view. The rooms are not huge, but they are comfortable. This is a New Orleans classic.

Neither are near the campus, but are close to the streetcar line, which drops you right in front of Tulane.
Old May 9th, 2008, 03:48 AM

We really enjoyed the Ritz in new orleans, it's location is perfect - almost right in the thick of things, but not RIGHT in it. Also, it is the most reasonably priced Ritz we have ever stayed in. All the Ritz service though-- when we return to NO, we will def stay there again.
Old May 9th, 2008, 05:22 AM

We've always liked the Windsor Court.[www.windsorcourthotel.com]. Great location, staff, food and amenities. Close to French Quarter, but not in it. And easy to get to Tulane down St Charles. We've often found specials on their web site.
Old May 9th, 2008, 05:41 AM
OO

My husband worked at both the Royal Orleans (now Omni) and Royal Sonesta in the Quarter. Both are lovely upper end hotels.
Old May 9th, 2008, 01:07 PM

In general, I like the area of the FQ closer to Esplanade than Canal - but since your main focus of the trip is to visit Tulane, I would stay within a few blocks of the St Charles streetcar line, which will be very convinient for getting back and forth to Tulane.
Old May 17th, 2008, 05:50 PM

We just returned from staying at the Royal Sonesta. Thought it was great but did not care for the Bourbon St sites. There are soooo many others NOT on Bourbon Street. We passed many. Look up leading hotels and there will be a site.